• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How dirty is SaxoBank-Tinkoff?

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
red_flanders said:
I eagerly anticipate the first salvo of "They're dirty, look who they have working for them!"

You cant expect Tinkoff to do background checks before he hires people, and besides its almost impossible to find someone without a dirty background anyway.

This is in no way evidence of doping going on at Tinkoff. I am waiting for something more credible than this, to me they are simply neither clean nor doping. Until I get my hands on some solid evidence I will remain on the fence. (while defending Tinkoff of course)

;)

Oleg the magnificent devil making a complete mockery of Sky's "zero tolerance" policy. At least theyre open with their policy of every doper under one roof. This is like the dopers all stars.

Whats they going to do? Blame the same entourage of making a guy like Froome sprinting mountains and getting Wiggo a knighthood for shady things? Keep your enemies close...

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
good point, laflorecita.

sniper said:
comparing Saxo to either Sky or USPS is pointless as long as Saxo cannot be shown to have any direct connections to the UCI.
Thus far we can only assume that Saxo dope fair and square. No institutional help.

laurel1969 said:
Whilst I get that your post is tongue in cheek, I can't recall any strong link between Sky and the UCI (sorry, Cooksons son in a menial job doesn't cut it).
Olly Cookson does cut it. So does Cookson-Sky-BC links. So does zorzoli's TUE for Froome. so does Sky's presentations at ASO. So does McQuaid celebrating Wiggins' TDF win mid-TDF. So does common friggin sense.

As for USPS, we still don't know the extent of it, although its kind of obvious that it was there.
as obvious as with Sky.
P.s. UCI tried to cover up Contador positive ;)
whatever happened there, it was not about Saxo.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I personally don't think Saxo are more doped than Sky, Movistar, Katusha or Astana. So I don't really see the connection with USPS/Disco.
nor do i see the usefulness of the comparison.
Sky was the new USPS. That title is taken, and undisputed. There were several plausible team-internal, team-external, institutional, performance-related, and yes even linguistic reasons for that comparison.

Saxo and USPS, that's an odd/ill comparison.

Off topic: Take the doping aspect aside from the team but their "bad times" or not as dominant set of results per season came when Riis was trying to find sponsors in order for the team to carry on and then he had pretty much his whole A squad leave for Leopard. He had to rebuild a team and find money to fund it. I sure this had a direct influence on the teams results in all factors.

Come along Oleg with his money and security and Riis is free to do what he does best by Managing a world class team and find talent while making sure there are no stones left unturned in the process which he is known for so well.

Riders have securities in their future and Im sure they are very well paid for what they are asked to do which makes a all round happy and secure team which will bring in the results which they are doing now.

My 2c on the success of the team as of late.

sniper said:
nor do i see the usefulness of the comparison.
Sky was the new USPS. That title is taken, and undisputed. There were several plausible team-internal, team-external, institutional, performance-related, and yes even linguistic reasons for that comparison.

Saxo and USPS, that's an odd/ill comparison.

Not that odd as currently Saxo has a rider that road for the mastermind Bruyneel in the USPS/Discovery sequel unlike Sky.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Hawkwood said:
It reminds me of one of my favourite Shakespeare in Love quotes: "Actors are ten a penny... and I Hugh pennyman hold your n*ts in my hand"!
and divine brown holds hugh grant's nuts in her mouth

#one_dollar_gobba

nuts aint swear filtered
#profanity

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Netserk said:
Returned home. Let's see how many will go full gas next year other than Contador and Majka.

I hope Tinkoff take it up another 2 levels and destroy the field with half the team pushing 5.8 - 6.0 W/ kg. Would be hilarious to see. When you take it, take it for good.

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
pastronef said:
I hope too. Come on, hey! see what Oleg is doing with Julich, Yates, De Jongh. Hey, Sky bashers, where are you? ;)

Although I didn't bash Sky:

Sky stepped it up in 2012 and kept the super fuel among themselves - or I would say better the new training methods how to make the juice work more efficiently - in 2013. Tinkoff adapted in 2014 and now why not surpass Sky?
Hey, in the end it's competition. :p

pastronef said:
I hope too. Come on, hey! see what Oleg is doing with Julich, Yates, De Jongh. Hey, Sky bashers, where are you? ;)

At least Oleg aint a hypocrite. If you are going to build a doping all-stars team then do it good - no one is gonna stop you. With Sky the hypocrisy was total - suddenly their riders was world beaters surrounded by a doping entourage within the team which the management somehow "missed". Then they realized you had a "zero policy" - of course after the damage was done during the british Olympic year. Back then, bots wasnt that eager to connecting the dots.

More willing to connecting the dots this time around?

TRENDING THREADS