• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How dirty is SaxoBank-Tinkoff?

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Samson777 said:
Will be interesting to see if vayer is right; If Riis and Vino really will be gone when the "big" report goes public. Seriously doubt it.

No matter what, really fun how long the danish anti doping report have been under way. Luckily for guys like Nicki Sørensen, who got to do his swansong and retire, before anything became public.

Riis and Vino can probably damage the sport, should they wish, far more than Armstrong.

Samson777 said:
Will be interesting to see if vayer is right; If Riis and Vino really will be gone when the "big" report goes public. Seriously doubt it.

No matter what, really fun how long the danish anti doping report have been under way. Luckily for guys like Nicki Sørensen, who got to do his swansong and retire, before anything became public.
Riis can count himself lucky that Jaksche left after 2004 and wasn't on the team for another year.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Anyone think it's weird Contador knicked all sky's leftovers and was good again? You think de Jonghe took the secrets with him? Maybe that is why Contador called Froome strongest rival he probably has all his data.

TheGame said:
...but what about the in competition samples, some of which would be used for the BP..

Be careful here. You may be mixing tests. Competition testing is normally urinalysis.

I would have to look up ABP tests in-competition, assuming that statistic is available. Grand tours is another thing, so again, I'm not sure what the blood test frequency is during a grand tour.

Nick C. said:
All the Pro tour teams and riders> That would be @ 18x20+ which be say 400 riders. That's a lot of people they would need to take those tests. Not that what you say is wrong in theory, just how feasible is it?

With the ADAMS whereabouts system, it's not too difficult. Because of the Bayesian analysis used by the ABP the usefulness of many samples decreases dramatically beyond a certain, low, point.

Be careful about assuming the federation is a fair dealer opening every positive case they have. The UCI is not required to open a case and we know in the past they have crazy suspicious values that didn't have cases opened.

What seems to happen is the case gets to a point where WADA recommends a positive, an inquiry is sent to the rider, the rider responds, and nothing is done. It's a great way to control athletes and teams.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
TANK91 said:
Anyone think it's weird Contador knicked all sky's leftovers and was good again? You think de Jonghe took the secrets with him? Maybe that is why Contador called Froome strongest rival he probably has all his data.

What are you talking about, all Sky's leftovers?

As far as I know only DeJongh came from Sky, but he wasn't even managing Contador, Mauduit was?

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
peloton said:
As far as I know only DeJongh came from Sky, but he wasn't even managing Contador, Mauduit was?

No.

Alberto Contador has confirmed that former Team Sky directeur sportif Steven de Jongh is his new coach at Tinkoff-Saxo and has acknowledged that the Dutchman has played a key role in helping him rediscover his form and perform so well at Tirreno-Adriatico.

The Dutchman is not a sports physiologist but apparently convinced Contador of the benefits of training at altitude on Mount Teide in Tenerife and has helped him control his weight.

Yeah, I think Bruyneel's nickname for Contador used to be "fatty." :rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:
No.

The Dutchman is not a sports physiologist but apparently convinced Contador of the benefits of training at altitude on Mount Teide in Tenerife and has helped him control his weight.

So De Jongh knows Sky's secrets even though he is a former cyclist and not a sports physiologist or sports scientist and Sky hired Leinders who De Jongh worked with and now has influenced Contador's training plans......

Clean cycling is wonderful :rolleyes:

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
No.

My bad

Mauduit had worked particularly closely with Alberto Contador during the first three years of his time at Tinkoff-Saxo, and he said that the Spaniard and Roman Kreuziger were among the first to contact him when they learned of his departure.

Still wondering who are 'all the Sky's leftovers' Tank was talking about.

TRENDING THREADS