• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How do you like your coffee?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How do you like your coffee?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Anonymous

53 x 11 said:
In a bucket.:D

Nah, I have a café au lait in the morning, long black after a ride during the day and maybe a espesso in the evening.

Have to agree that the Old School stovetops are the best as well.

weve had two bought for us, trouble is we have a gas stove.. lol

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Actually when doing lots of training, I have no desire to finish a ride with empty calories.
Empty calories? How can you slander coffee in that way???!! ;)

Seriously - did you know that coffee actually helps you absorb carbs post workout? I've got a friend who's a top sports nutritionist and an athlete herself and she advocates a coffee with post ride meals on that very basis. Needless to say, I'm not arguing with her!!!

So, who's gonna call coffee empty calories now, ay??!!!! ;)

Oh, and as for my favourite - either wickedly strong from my stove top Bialetti (got to be stainless steel - the aluminium ones don't get the right heat transfer and taint the water) or a flat white - which is a Kiwi and Aussie improvement on the latte ... :D

kiwirider said:
Empty calories? How can you slander coffee in that way???!! ;)

Seriously - did you know that coffee actually helps you absorb carbs post workout? I've got a friend who's a top sports nutritionist and an athlete herself and she advocates a coffee with post ride meals on that very basis. Needless to say, I'm not arguing with her!!!

So, who's gonna call coffee empty calories now, ay??!!!! ;)

Oh, and as for my favourite - either wickedly strong from my stove top Bialetti (got to be stainless steel - the aluminium ones don't get the right heat transfer and taint the water) or a flat white - which is a Kiwi and Aussie improvement on the latte ... :D
with enough sugar and milk you can get a complete meal;)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I like my coffee like I like my women: strong, black and bitter:D

I voted "other" because my favorite kinds of coffee are Turkish and Balinese. But my morning cup is espresso made with a Bialetti.

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
my father first gave me espresso when i was 4 , i remember asking for it , he gave me about a thimble full , but that was it , ...........i guess its a cultural thing with me ......he also always bought fresh bread every day , so coffee and bread for breakfast was the thing growing up as a child............

we have 4 or 5 espresso makers at the house , the big dog is the italian breville , its very pretty , haha , we also have stove top , 2 i believe , and a press

nothing beats a nice hot double espresso or a nice macchiato ......
visitors to the house are always offered a coffee...........funny but you cant be at my mothers house for 5 minutes without being offered a coffee

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
When I lived in Miami I picked up the Cuban coffee habit. I now use Bustello in my electric espresso machine. I still remember the time I was making espresso on the electric stove top with my old 2 cup Bialetti. I somehow neglected to put water in it. Daggone, fused that sucker together!
I like a pre ride espresso. May as well get the heart rate going early.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
I just got one of these for at work. It's a Caldo Caffe "Gusto". It's basically a cross between a stove top espresso maker and a cordless electric jug.

file_6_8.jpg

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
gregod said:
I like my coffee like I like my women: strong, black and bitter:D

I voted "other" because my favorite kinds of coffee are Turkish and Balinese. But my morning cup is espresso made with a Bialetti.

We like it the same way except the bitter. A Seattle winter can do that to women without our help. We are talking about coffee, right?

I like two shots of espresso with a bit of cold milk in a lowball glass. Specially made for me up at my local coffee joint...it's creamy and smooth.
If you want it can have a few pieces of ice thrown in.....

sit back and sip...:D

when in Europe will do a morning cap or an espresso ...

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Well, in keeping with what I'm interested in.... beer (is there anything else?).

New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins, Co., makes a beer with coffee. It's called Giddy Up. Oh yeah... if you can find it, buy it.

I love coffee. All types. But coffe in beer? Priceless.:D

I like a dark roast, black, no sugar, no cream. Starbuck's "Americano" is good by me, so I plugged the "espresso American" option. Espresso is fine, too. When I'm in Guatemala, I do it hyper-sugared, a la "local".

But speaking of beer, Dogfish brewery makes a chicory stout that is absolutely fantastic. Having spent some time in Louisiana, I associate chicory with coffee, although I recognize some purists might not.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts