• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How do you watch cycling?

How do you usually watch cycling?

• On TV - Eurosport with English commentary

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • On TV - Eurosport with non-English commentary

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • On TV - Sporza, Danish TV...

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • GCN

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Eurosport player, English

• Eurosport player, non-English

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Tiz and other free streams

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I'm paying for different streams and TV channels

• Other means, explained in post

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
I've been asking myself how many forum members are watching cycling with which commentary, so I came up with this poll. What's your usual choice? Do you have any choice? Obviously in some countries access is easier than in others. The topic has been touched in several threads, but I was interested in a kind of overview. Would love to see and read your answers. :)

Reactions: gregrowlerson
With my eyes! :p

A combination between the Danish TV streaming service TV2 Play, and the Eurosport Player (using the no adds stream, so with English). Of course if there's a player-only stream in some other language than English or Danish, I'll just watch that.

I have also watched a few YouTube livestreams.

• Love
Reactions: gregrowlerson
Multiple ways. On TV, I watch cycling on TV2, different discovery channels, and sometimes foreign channels (like Norwegian TV2). I also stream with the Eurosport Player (GCN Race Pass included), switching between Danish, English (only when it's without Kirby and now also Blythe), and no commentary. Tiz when all else fail.

Whenever possible I prefer to watch Sporza with the Belgian commentators. When the races are not being broadcasted there I usually have to turn to free streams like taz-cycling where I then prefer to have English commentary. I am gonna be honest in that I think the Eurosport commentators are sometimes bad (unless they get Sean Kelly) but my French is not great and I don't speak Spanish, German or Italian.

And in my experience the NOS rarely has the rights to a race if Sporza does not and in general I don't think the Dutch commentators are particularly good.

First Eurosport is better than US broadcasts for commentary. Most of the time I already know the results before having a chance to watch, so knowing the results will determine if it's worth my time to even bother watching, which most of the time it's not. (For what I do bother to watch it's either whatever NBC puts on TV as I refuse to pay to for their streaming service, GCN or a free stream.)

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Tiz is my go-to. The first of three options tends to freeze up within a few minutes, but the last one labelled "be careful of ads" works just fine. Most of the time I close ads stating that a gorgeous woman would like to date me. Sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me and I think that maybe the beautiful stranger really might be my soulmate, but I haven't heard back.

ES Player in French on laptop, ipad or beamed to Apple TV. Although I watch the TdF on France 2/3.

My absolute favorite way, which I was able to indulge today because of crappy weather, is to set up my ipad on my trainer in my office/pain cave and do an hour or 2 of Zone 2 endurance training while watching the last 40-50 k of a race. If the finale is a mtf it's really easy to find myself in Zone 3/4...I don't bother anyone else in the family and get to "feel" the race in a very satisfying way.

Reactions: DoYouEvenRideBruh

TRENDING THREADS