• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How do you watch cycling?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How do you usually watch cycling?

• On TV - Eurosport with English commentary

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • On TV - Eurosport with non-English commentary

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • On TV - Sporza, Danish TV...

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • GCN

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Eurosport player, English

• Eurosport player, non-English

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Tiz and other free streams

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I'm paying for different streams and TV channels

• Other means, explained in post

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
Sorry for dredging up this Thread but....

I tried again this Year to subscribe to GCN+ but the page still won't load, I was able to find good Email to get my Questions answered, it turns out for whatever reason in the U.S. you are restricted to the APP and as I said I can't and Won't get a Smartphone (for my own reasons Cost being one) but in between the lines I might be able to use a VPN (I have one on this older laptop and added Norton Utilities which has some things which cleaned and sped up this machine and a VPN set at this time to U.S.), but a I said reading between the lines if I were to set to a European Country, someone mentioned that they had subscribed on a laptop there. Are their any complications with making a payment using another countries Web page to subscribe. Maybe if it's available use Paypal. I don't know if an attempt to pay from another country would be flagged by my own card.

Please Help if your are in a European country, I believe GCN is based in England, so any advice would be appreciated. You might be able to access and bring up the page over there and not make a payment to see if the page loads correctly.

Thanks In Advance :)

Reactions: firefly3323
This question hurts. It used to be easier until Eurosport disappeared from any provider in my country abiut four or five years ago, now I have to rely on paid VPN (not that cheap since I only use it for watching cycling) and random stream, and it feels like it's getting harder and harder to find a good one. I never really enjoy Tiz for live streaming, only use it for archived race. Every season break I miss cycling but I don't miss the pain of chasing decent stream, it feels like I'm freed from some year-long chore after Lombardia.

Am I the only one to get the following image instead of a stream that one is supposed to be able to watch?

4bb7dd66-bf2e-4064-8af4-33ab3bee1175

Am I the only one to get the following image instead of a stream that one is supposed to be able to watch?

4bb7dd66-bf2e-4064-8af4-33ab3bee1175
I've seen that a few times. For me it usually means they haven't uploaded the race yet or I need to change my country on the VPN.

In the US, I watch ~98% of the races on GCN+ using a VPN when necessary. That includes all the cross races. I find you can watch almost every single race that way. The other 2% are obscure races that GCN doesn't broadcast in any country and those I watch on Tiz. No need for Flobikes, NBC, etc...just change your country to the UK and you're set. Super easy and cheap since I don't pay for the VPN.

I can't watch as many races live as I used to because I'm either working or riding myself. I stay away from results and watch later, casting to my flat panel TV while reading the forum but you have to be careful not to get spoiled when you read too far ahead. Ks to go in comments are always helpful!

Only weird thing I find is I can't cast to the big screen when I change my country so I have to physically connect an HDMI cable from my laptop to my tv for those races.

Sorry for dredging up this Thread but....

I tried again this Year to subscribe to GCN+ but the page still won't load, I was able to find good Email to get my Questions answered, it turns out for whatever reason in the U.S. you are restricted to the APP and as I said I can't and Won't get a Smartphone (for my own reasons Cost being one) but in between the lines I might be able to use a VPN (I have one on this older laptop and added Norton Utilities which has some things which cleaned and sped up this machine and a VPN set at this time to U.S.), but a I said reading between the lines if I were to set to a European Country, someone mentioned that they had subscribed on a laptop there. Are their any complications with making a payment using another countries Web page to subscribe. Maybe if it's available use Paypal. I don't know if an attempt to pay from another country would be flagged by my own card.

Please Help if your are in a European country, I believe GCN is based in England, so any advice would be appreciated. You might be able to access and bring up the page over there and not make a payment to see if the page loads correctly.

Thanks In Advance :)

I can watch it just fine on a win10 laptop using Edge or Chrome browser without an app so it isn't true you need an app in the USA. Your setup must be unsupported :confused2:

I can watch it just fine on a win10 laptop using Edge or Chrome browser without an app so it isn't true you need an app in the USA. Your setup must be unsupported :confused2:

It is the Billing page which is crippled in the U.S. so that there are no fill-able payment entry boxes that are served in the U.S. not whether I can watch on a laptop.

I was asking if it would be possible to use a VPN, to get what is implied from the GCN+ response, as to whether I can pay on a laptop on a regular browser using a VPN to mask my U.S. location and if the payment will go through.

They are saying Billing only from APP in U.S.

P.S. We have an older Ipad that works for what we want it to, but the operating system is too old and not upgrade-able for APP requirement to install. A less Old Ipad would work but this Ipad won't work.

It is the Billing page which is crippled in the U.S. so that there are no fill-able payment entry boxes that are served in the U.S. not whether I can watch on a laptop.

I was asking if it would be possible to use a VPN, to get what is implied from the GCN+ response, as to whether I can pay on a laptop on a regular browser using a VPN to mask my U.S. location and if the payment will go through.

They are saying Billing only from APP in U.S.

P.S. We have an older Ipad that works for what we want it to, but the operating system is too old and not upgrade-able for APP requirement to install. A less Old Ipad would work but this Ipad won't work.

Well I certainly filled out my billing page without an app. It is NOT crippled. The boxes aren't clearly delineated and I had to hover the cursor around to find it (very frustrating) but it was certainly there and I was able to subscribe using win10 and a browser. 2 years in a Row! I just resubscribed on 3/7/2022. No APP required. I don't have a smartphone or pad that does apps either.

Good Luck!

Well I certainly filled out my billing page without an app. It is NOT crippled. The boxes aren't clearly delineated and I had to hover the cursor around to find it (very frustrating) but it was certainly there and I was able to subscribe using win10 and a browser. 2 years in a Row! I just resubscribed on 3/7/2022. No APP required. I don't have a smartphone or pad that does apps either.

Good Luck!

Thank You Thank You Thank You

I hadn't hovered over the Zip Code area before but When I did Just Now and a cursor came up and I entered the Number the other Entry Fields appeared!!!!!

Thank You Thank You Thank You

I hadn't hovered over the Zip Code area before but When I did Just Now and a cursor came up and I entered the Number the other Entry Fields appeared!!!!!

You're Very Welcome :). Now don't Forget what to do because it's supposed to auto resubscribe unless you cancel, but mine didn't!
They use a 3rd party billing/payment app that is obviously barely functional. I tried to pay them 5 times when my sub was expired. They kept my account active as it was obvious I wanted to pay them!
The final result was I got a free month after much angst and discussions with support before they just deleted my account and I had to resubscribe.
Aside from the horrid support and Kirby GCN shows a great racing catalog in the USA and 99% of the time problem free streaming :).
ENJOY!

TRENDING THREADS