• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How easy is it to buy PEDs

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:
There are negatives with too much, most obviously a lot of upper torso acne which tipped me off to the injectable doing its job too well. I was absolutely conviced that bugs were crawling on me. Scary!

And moodiness. When I see guys like wiggins lose their cool (does the fool know how ugly that word " C**T " is here in America. ???) I think to myself is he amped up on hormones; I have snapped uncharacterstically at my family (as opposed to my characteristic snapping!) and wonder if it was too high a t count. My dr called it a destabilizer and said there is no danger in too low a T count, but too high can be troublesome.

It's the same word in the UK. In general, the worst single word you could say to someone you don't like. Never heard anyone arrogant enough to think that it's appropriate to say in a press conference like that.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If you read the product descriptions properly, you'll see that these are the "Homeopathic" versions of HGH and Testosterone - HGH at those prices???

wannab said:
Being cat 2 full jacked is failing imo, you'll have no chance to make it to the big boys so why cheat to begin with ........

If anything I understand pro's doping but not these guys

*edit: to make it extra clear, I think they are delusional in their obsession of "succeeding"

Well of course, thinking rationally will lead to that conclusion :p I think the same, more or less. But now and again, typically when I was younger, I would have the fleeting thought of "what if .." All I am saying is I can empathize (to an extent) with some of the aspects of how one starts to dope, but I sure don't condone it.

Interesting fact - the thoughts have typically been when I have had to step back my training due to school, work, family. In other words, when I feel like I am doing everything I can do, my mind wanders into the realm of "what else could I do?"

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I read this article that he bought his oxygen tent from a guy on Jelly Belly... Did I miss that?
If it was drugs, he probably got them from Jon Chodroff who was on EPO and Jelly Belly and was a papp client and was also a cat 3 doper.
dickwads

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Arnout said:
Very, it turns out. Out of interest (no no I don't want to use PEDs myself :p ) I googled "EPO kopen", the Dutch equivalent of "Buying EPO".

Look at the first link I got: http://anabolen-bestellen.com/Producten.php
They advertise to send it to you anonymously, all your details will be encrypted. Obviously this site is more for bodybuilders and the likes, but one is able to buy things like EPO.

Now, I know PEDs are not illegal by law in the Netherlands, but I didn't imagine it would be this easy to buy this stuff. At the same time, I realize when you're on a professional program you won't use sites like this, but rather a personal supplier, but still, I thought it was interesting to share. Maybe this is well-known in the clinic, in that case, just ignore this.

Oh and if you're a pro cyclist: GO AWAY :mad: :D

Niceee :p I'm from Holland too. Gonna buy some EPO so the time it takes me to cycle to school decreases :p

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
stampedingviking said:
I get a bi-monthly prescription of EPO (8,000 units), sure we could come to an arrangement ;)

how much is that? i want at least as much as Armstrong used so i can fly over mountains like him :)

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
how much is that? i want at least as much as Armstrong used so i can fly over mountains like him :)

If it only was that easy :rolleyes: the guy in the story illustrates that quite good.

Whether you joke about it or not, a general misconception that a lot of wannabes take note upon, they have no future to begin with anyway

but hey, hence my name, can I have some too? :cool:

Jul 17, 2015
buy-epo.com
Arnout said:
Now, I know PEDs are not illegal by law in the Netherlands, but I didn't imagine it would be this easy to buy this stuff. At the same time, I realize when you're on a professional program you won't use sites like this, but rather a personal supplier, but still, I thought it was interesting to share.

It wouldn't surprise me if heaps of professionals use websites. No need to walk into a pharmacy or consult with a doctor who will later get caught with all your info on record. Especially now the darknet exists.
Ordering Testosterone, HGH and EPO must be easier than ever. Buyepo.com, buyhgh.com etc...pretty much any "buy" or "order" followed by a PED is hosting a relevant site. And Google searches will churn out hundreds of "pharmacies" with everything under the sun. Not the route I'd go and probably most are scams but that has to say something. And most of them seem to be coming out of China, where EPO is meant to be controlled, yet they're advertising like it's a protein powder. When you consider the lengths a dope cheat will go to coaching themselves to inject with no prior experience, the idea that getting a hold of all this gear isn't a complete walk in the park for anyone remotely internet savvy is a joke!!!!

How easy ?

Trivially easy.

The key thing is getting a GOOD source that provides the correct substances. IIRC that was Joe Papps key selling point, he sold name brand stuff, so quality was assured.

The other issue you may have is customs intercepting packages, if you buy from abroad.

EPO available in sports shops in Nairobi. My colleague's wife uses EPO for health reasons. She could go anywhere in the EU on holiday and claim she's forgotten her medication and they would supply it on an EIII plus a call or an email from the UK.

buckle said:
EPO available in sports shops in Nairobi. My colleague's wife uses EPO for health reasons. She could go anywhere in the EU on holiday and claim she's forgotten her medication and they would supply it on an EIII plus a call or an email from the UK.

Would she need a prescription (or at least a copy)? Yeah I know - they're easy to forge but I'd be surprised if a UK pharmacy would hand it over (I'd be even more surprised if they actually had any - probably only major hospitals).

TheSpud said:
buckle said:

Would she need a prescription (or at least a copy)? Yeah I know - they're easy to forge but I'd be surprised if a UK pharmacy would hand it over (I'd be even more surprised if they actually had any - probably only major hospitals).

It's not that difficult trust me. I was offered a platelet suppressant drug after I forgot my medication in Spain by the hotel doctor. Reading the BBC link in this thread it's even easier than my experience. There is no need defraud.

Re:

BroDeal said:
iZnoGouD said:
where can i buy epo?

Send Papp a PM. He might have some leftover stock.
For established, discreet clients only...

Hilton Clarke, hit me up bro'. You were the best at this game.

[obviously the part above about servicing established clients ongoing is not true.]

Alpe d'Huez said:
Well, one member on here has direct, first-hand experience with just how easy (or difficult) it is to set up a discrete international distribution ring. But I don't know if he wants to post on the subject...
Yeah not to bust the OP's chops, but ... it's very easy to buy PEDs online, including exotic peptides. Chinese version of big-pharma rh-EPO you could probably find with one or two searches of those big international trade sites like Alibaba.

I know it's been mentioned in the Clinic before, but Matt Slater's BBC Sport article from May that I contributed to ("Doping in cycling: Why are the amateurs 'emulating the pros'?" | http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/32662773) has perhaps the best, most intuitive explanation for why non-professional athletes dope/cheat, proffered by Michael Shermer, PhD (former RAAM racer and really smart guy):

Of course, none of this explains why people whose livelihoods do not depend on their results are willing to spend not insignificant sums of money on potentially dangerous drugs.

Michael Shermer is a former pro rider and cycling campaigner who has spent the last 30 years building a reputation as one of America's most original voices on issues related to science and superstition.

Debunking pseudoscience is his speciality but Shermer has also written widely about cycling's doping crisis, an area rich in bogus theorising and claims of supernatural performance.

He is not remotely surprised that some amateurs take extreme measures for such small financial rewards; if anything, he is surprised that anybody is surprised.

"Ego, honour, status, hierarchy - aka 'bragging rights' - are just as powerful motivations for humans as financial rewards, and in many cases even stronger," said Shermer.

"We are highly motivated by psychological factors related to where we stand in comparison to other humans. Sport brings this out in spades, especially for high-testosterone men, which cycling seems to attract.

"To be able to take the climb in a group ride can mean a lot to a guy, even if it is just the local club or regional race.

"The swelling pride of winning is the result of our dopaminergic neurons releasing dopamine - the 'reward' molecule related to learning, gambling, drug addiction and so on that gives us a burst of pleasure - and that can be as motivating, and sometimes even more motivating, than money."

That does not make it right, though, and all sports must resist man's basest instincts and provide a forum for our purest.

"I feel profoundly dirty for doing what I did," said Papp.

"I didn't start the problem but I changed the model, and making doping more accessible is something I'll regret forever."

Re:

Berzin said:
This is my opinion on the Anthony article from Velonews, which I also posted on their forum-

"Judgments aside, I totally understand where this guy is coming from.

Anthony seems to suffer from John Galt syndrome-"I must win because I'm a winner". He comes from the group of people in society who are self-absorbed, believe they win in life because they are the chosen winners, and MUST win at EVERYTHING. And cheating isn't wrong if the end result is WINNING.

Is it sad? Is it pathetic? That's not up to me to decide.

What it should do is open some eyes about the state of cycling, even in the amateur ranks, of which I've been speaking about for years.

In cycling, there does not exist a window of opportunity where one can unlock the athletic prowess of youth past the age of forty. I don't care if it's training, nutrition, altitude tents, or the disposable income necessary to buy the best equipment out there. There is no turning back the hands of time for an aging athlete without PED's.

Sure, one can attain better health, weight loss, etc. by exercising more. But making the types of leaps and bounds necessary to jump entire categories in a short amount of time is ridiculous. But this is what people like Anthony get high off of, and he's not the only one.

Once you hit a certain age, it's impossible to make the type of leaps in athletic ability I see guys make every year out on the road. And it's always the same type of guys-the aging yuppies. It's gotten to the point where one can almost guess when said rider got on a program-that's how obvious it is. But if one were to talk to said rider about the noticeable improvements, you'll get the same responses about training harder, lazer-like focus on goals set and met, nutrition, HRM, power meter, coach, etc.

Cycling is the only sport where such nonsensical, physiologically impossible feats are given serious merit.

And guess what...there are very successful, driven people who have good family lives who also take the PED route. It's not just for those deemed mentally unstable, unhappy and unfulfilled.

I always wondered why some of my much more affluent classmates in prep school were so relentless about getting high. I would think, "man, if I were that guy or that other guy and wanted to get high, I'd just stare at my bank account".

But that's how human beings are. Enough is never and will never be enough for some people."

In this region, its not the masters who have raced since their teens or 20s that are using T and other stuff, its the guys who had a family and career, but now at 50 the kids are gone, and they have more time and money. They spend a 'whole year' trying to keep up with the other masters (who have done it for 30 years), and then decide that their endocrine system needs some help.

EDIT: I just saw the date on this thread and realized how old it is...first time I've seen it. :D

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
buckle said:

I live in Northern Thailand ... I can go to my local chemist right now and buy over the counter, Clenbuterol, all manner of various testosterones, pick your steroid, bronchodilators, tramadol and a few other goodies... This is one chemist shop in my village... I go into town to the right (wink wink) place, easy to get EPO, HGH, IGF-1, GW1516 and all sorts of other goodies that come in from either India or China. I have personally seen guys leaving there with two large plastic bags full of gear, mostly body builders, but ironically a lot of middle aged Thai men.. They compete in long and middle distance running, and their times are extraordinary .. The fact a few of them croak each year from overdoing the prep finally made the Thai Sport Association look into into why, the only reason I know, I've read about it..
The huge joke is that if you require HRT, and want to get a long term injection which last 10-12 weeks, you have to go to a hospital and see and endocrinologist and be approved, I require HRT, I just go see me chemist and she gives me the same stuff, though in smaller doses, need to inject every two weeks... Bloody joke, really...