• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

how long will Bert Contadors ban be ?

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
it should be 2 years.

with the defense he's putting up he can't get a reduction for providing details on doping unless he comes out and says he was a liar liar pants on fire

p.s. this thread is in the wrong forum

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I certainly hope it's not 4 years. That would be a bunch of crap to just give AC 4 years when everyone else only 2 (or less) years during this season. If McQuaid wants to give 4-year bans, he should start at the beginning of the next season and consistently give all riders 4 years.

Im starting to see the upside of bans.

In most sports stars are made and then retire and new stars take their place.

In this thing of ours, stars are made, then banned, then as they are banned new stars are made, and when the banned ones return you have twice as many stars:)

To the question i guess its 2 years though i will miss Contador.

Jul 25, 2010
twitter.com
It won't be two years. I don't think he'll be at the tour, Vuelta maybe?

Doping is wrong but 4 year bans are out of order. I wouldn't like that for anyone.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:

In this thing of ours, stars are made, then banned, then as they are banned new stars are made, and when the banned ones return you have twice as many stars:)

This is exactly what happens at cyclingnews forums.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:

That's what makes this sport so great

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Fowsto Cope-E said:
I certainly hope it's not 4 years. That would be a bunch of crap to just give AC 4 years when everyone else only 2 (or less) years during this season. If McQuaid wants to give 4-year bans, he should start at the beginning of the next season and consistently give all riders 4 years.

It won't be four years. That has been introduced yet (probably never will be). The maximum was two years at the time of the offence.

I think he'll get the full two years.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
ferryman said:
This one plus a small slap on the hand to be more careful in the future. Well lets hope so anyway. Next year's TDF without AC ain't a race.

He'll be more like pack fodder if he returns from his first offense.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
ferryman said:
It is his first offen(c)e, I don't count past rumours unless it fits my argument;) Pack fodder like Basso if I'm reading your post correctly:rolleyes:

You wanna take this discussion outside??? (to the clinic)

TRENDING THREADS