• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How many bikes to you own?

How many bikes do you own?

• 10+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
May 6, 2009
Visit site
Just one at the time being. I was going to buy another (even was about to put a deposit down on a Campag groupset) one but then I got laid off, so that put that plan down the drain. In the past I have had two bikes as I used to ride to work (still do as I don't own a car, but I have a drivers licence), so I used that for work and another for training/racing.

I know somebody who owns (or did anyway) about 7 Trek Madone's (he used to walk into a bike store and buy it there and then) and a Trek TT bike. But the winner for me was when I was at the 2007 TdF and on my tour group there was a Colombian-American doctor (who lived in Miami) and he owned (IIRC) 35 bicycles (Trek, Colnago, Pinarello, you name it) and then he had 121 clocks in his house as well. Talk about OCD :eek:

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
How Many Bikes

1. Colnago Olympic - road riding
2. Colnago Super (1972) - nostalgic road riding
3. Rocky Mountain Element Fully - off-road fun
4. Trek OCLV Carbon Pro Issue - off-road racing
5. Specialzed Stumpjumper w/Shimano Nexus internal gear/brake/dynamo - daily driver
6. Electra 8-Ball - weekend cruiser

Seems like a good mix for me - no one bike gets too much abuse and I have alot of fun.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
1. Lynskey Custom Level 4 road bike
2. Cervelo R3
3. Stevens Team Ultegra 'Cross bike
4. Giant NRS1 dual suspension MTB
5. Raleigh Rush Hour SS
6. Salsa el Mariachi '29er SS

Nice balance between road, 'cross, MTB and commuters. I swap between the two SS for commuting and use the '29er SS more in winter.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Road- Schwinn fastback comp- love this bike
Tri- Fetish Freccia
MTN- Sette Reken- (i know i never heard of it either)
MTN- Wheeler 8800 or 8880 (canadian) frame with a fork and one wheel that is in storage, but the frame is all jointed/brazed, and is really nice. Not sure what I am going to do with it.

I like building bikes up from nothing, The tri bike and mtn bike both were little projects of mine. I just cruise ebay, and try to stay in budget. The mtn took 7 months, and the tri bike took 2/3 months. XT, and Dura ace/Ultegra respectively.
The schwinn was from my time working at a bike shop, and when scwhinn was being sold in 2001, so I got my employee discount, plus a going out of business price. So many memories on it, I'll never part with it.

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Currently own a road bike (2007 Specialized Tarmac Expert). I'm planning on selling it at the end of the summer and get a new one next year. I'd also like to get a touring bike and a commuter in the near future, but I'll finish university first :D.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
1. Focus Izalco(Road Race bike)
2. Cervelo P2c (Time Trial bike)
3. Flanders (Cx Bike)
4. Dolan (Track Bike)
5. Aeron (Training Bike)
6. Domio (Mountain Bike)
7. TCR frameset,Dolan Track Champion frameset,Donohue TT frameset,Ribble sc61,10 frameset, and early Ribble cx frameset all in various states of build.

My next project will be a retro frame(colnago master/vitus 992 or similar) with 11sp(polished finish)Athena and modified Delta brakes.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
1. Giant TCR w Campy record
also have the same for #
5 Giant TCX w Sachs
6.Griffen TT bike Campy
7. GT w Sachs
8. Medici w Sachs
9 Landshark w Dura Ace (my first bike)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
1. I have a '90 Trek 2100 carbon tubes w/aluminum lugs that I have converted into a flat-barred "cruiser."
2. My "put down the miles" bike is an '08 Trek Madone 5.2 that I really like.
3. My dirt weapon is a very well maintained/upgraded Lefty-equipped Cannondale Jekyll. The suspension is a bit outdated, but the frame is still light enough to keep me in the hunt and up the trail. Curiously, the bike still draws "oohs" and "ahhs," though mostly from the uninitiated. For a six--six!--year old mountainbike, the four inch travel bike suits me well.
4. On the lust/wish list is a 29er hardtail.
5. In the shed rest three more trusty and rusty steeds: a '70s steel lugged Fuji, a '96 Raleigh clapped out hardtail, and a project bike gone bad.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Only two in operating order at this point. Have a couple of old bikes in the shed for parts, but an aging Trek 5200 and a Trek Fuel 90 MTB are the ones I ride. Hopefully the business does well this year, as a new Road bike is needed for next season should a bonus come through.

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
1. Alan aluminum alloy circa 1970 custom frame w/campy gruppo and Mavic wheels

2. Diamondback road chrome moly with shimano gruppo

3. Litespeed Vela compact w/shimano gruppo and various wheelsets, Mavic, shimano

4. Trek MTB 7000

5. Trek tandem--one to ride with the wife:D

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
not counting dragsters and other random detritus

1. Cannondale Synapse SL (my torso to leg length ratio makes Synapse a better choice than a Super-Six or similar)
2. Kona Four Supreme (XT equipped trail monster)
3. Cannondale Scalpel 900 (X-0/X-9 back-country epic machine)
4. Norco Fireball (now gone full rigid and covered in hand-me downs from my newer XC bikes)
5. KHS steel roadie (currently on loan to a friend)
6. Cannondale Chase 3 (so I can claim to be down with the kids)

plus a shop full of nice bikes that I don't get to ride and generally don't fit me...

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
1. Davidson custom titanium road w/ campy record
2. Kona Hot mtb w/xtr (pretty ancient, I know)
3. Surly Steamroller/fixed gear

The surly is my go to bike these days. I commute to work in NYC and use it for general exercise. pretty fun to ride. I use brakes.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
1. Merlin Fortius
2. Cervelo P3 aluminum
3. 90's Daccordi
4. Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
5. Centurion LeMans (with Suntour Sprint)
6. Old Trek steel MTB-beach bike
7. Peugeot Orient Express MTB-single speed
8. Nashbar steel MTB frame just lying around

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
1999 Pinarello surprise (training and fun)
2006 Cannondale SystemSix (racing and hillclimbing)
2006 Trek 4400 with aftermarket disc brakes (for shopping and winter spike tyre fun!)

TRENDING THREADS