• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How to co-exist with a LA fanboy??

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
My new sudo bother in law is a complete fanboy, completely unwilling to accept even the basic facts of retroactive tests.

Thoughts??

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
hscoach2 said:
Sumo or pseudo?

Suede-o. Most brother in laws are either DB's or wonderful. If this is your girlfriend's brother, get a new gf, if it's your wife's, get a divorce, if it is in law by marriage, de-stabilize their relationship and urge a divorce.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
L29205 said:
My new sudo bother in law is a complete fanboy, completely unwilling to accept even the basic facts of retroactive tests.

Thoughts??

Don't talk cycling with him. Some people just aren't rational

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
L29205 said:

Thoughts??

Sit him down Clockwork Orange-style and make him read these forums. Pure torture.... he'll be converted...

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Listen to him explain how great Lance is, then tell him he has convinced you.

Suggest that, since he is so great at changing people's minds, he should post his brilliant ideas in the clinic.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
Does he bring beer when he comes to visit? If not perhaps the cretin should be banned from your domicile. Free beer however excuses a multitude of trespasses ;)

Or providing pictures to the Babes on Bikes thread. ScottSoCal could come over and drink all my beer and he'd still be ok.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
Does he wear a yellow wrist rubber while he is gettin' it?

I will have to ask my sister but since he doesn't go out in public without a livestrong hat and pair of livestrong oakley's I would suspect so.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Murray said:
Sit him down Clockwork Orange-style and make him read these forums. Pure torture.... he'll be converted...

Would love to but he is much bigger than me. I guess I go with the advantage that he has to sleep sometime.

L29205 said:
Would love to but he is much bigger than me. I guess I go with the advantage that he has to sleep sometime.

Depends if you care about the idiot. If yes then try and avoid talking cycling at all with him, if you don't then always use phrases like pharmstrong, dopestrong, liestrong etc and wait for him to crack. :p

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I would just explain you have no interest in Lance or any of his BS - without malice or prejudice - and leave it at that. If your BIL is neanderthal it won't matter what you say.

A

Anonymous

L29205 said:

Thoughts??

My thoughts are that this could easily have gone into the official lance armstrong thread 2010...

Either that, or, like, just accept it.

Don't you think family is just slightly more important than views of a bike-rider?

May 25, 2009
Visit site
L29205 said:

Thoughts??

Print out a copy Dr Ferrari's "rap sheet" along with a few choice quotes like "EPO is no more dangerous than orange juice"

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I think all you can say is:
"Lance has greatly increased the interest in cycling in the U.S. and has done some good things for cancer research and support, but he really doesn't interest me." Recently I've been following... pick your rider(s) and teams of choice ... and I would be much more interested in how they will be doing this season.

I know, not as much fun as pounding him with a Trek, but you may have to live with this tool.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
L29205 said:

Thoughts??

I have fellow teammates that fund-raise for the LA Foundation. They are nice guys, hire CTS coaching and train really hard. I said they were nice guys, didn't I? I've avoided conversation with them about LA or our own local melodramas. It's cowardly but I just want to ride so I'd like any suggestions as well.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
get her to talk to Wonderlance, she'll be so sick of hearing praise for how good lance is that then she will dispise him...:D

or

explain the truth to her and present some facts of lance's doping, let her read them and then if she still likes lance question her motives through the evidence.

Though some of Lord pharmstrong's followers are lost causes!

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
get her to talk to Wonderlance, she'll be so sick of hearing praise for how good lance is that then she will dispise him...:D

or

explain the truth to her and present some facts of lance's doping, let her read them and then if she still likes lance question her motives through the evidence.

Though some of Lord pharmstrong's followers are lost causes!

You could show her some naked pictures of Cuddles... Then she'll ditch that sucker... she is only a teenager right? PM Auspsychofan for some stalking advice, she knows the best methods.

As for the bro in law, he sounds like a good guy.. he's just able to see through your lies and realise the awesome power of The Cadence.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Mountain Goat said:
Don't you think family is just slightly more important than views of a bike-rider?

I do believe that family is more important, that is the reason for the original post. It is hard to not talk about cycling when the individual knows it is common interest.

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Could you just try to imagine...

What if he WAS CLEAN?

Wouldn't it be the biggest tragedy that we live in the era of this champion but are too blinded by suspicion and jealousy to appreciate him as we ought?

The immensity of such a tragedy is not worth risking.

There is no way of finding a 'hero' you can believe in 100%... I now prefer to look at the spectacle.

I only get angsty about the races I wanna win!

Tomorrow, Australia Day- Joseph Sundie Memorial @ Heffron Park! (Sydney, Australia)
come out and ride

TRENDING THREADS