• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

HTC Columbia vs. Sky

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Yup, it's official. America's team, HTC Columbia, is clubbing Sky like a baby seal.

Looks to me like this thread was created to have some fun, take the pi$$, and get a rise out of a few people who fart through Union Jack knickers...

Waterloo Sunrise said:
What an utterly stupid thread.

... and it worked!

2 wins to 1 as of Jan 21, I don't think anyone is handing out the Crown or the goat horns at this point. But considering their technical, nutritional, and psychological advantages Sky really should be leading HTC 3 to 0.

pedaling squares said:
Looks to me like this thread was created to have some fun, take the pi$$, and get a rise out of a few people who fart through Union Jack knickers...

Nooooo. I would never do something like that. This is a malicious libel on my good character. I protest my innocence.

Too bad certain members have no sense of humor.

pedaling squares said:

... and it worked!

2 wins to 1 as of Jan 21, I don't think anyone is handing out the Crown or the goat horns at this point. But considering their technical, nutritional, and psychological advantages Sky really should be leading HTC 3 to 0.

Guess I've been off the internet too long, and forgot about the wonderful practice of writing something one knows to be stupid, in order to elicit the reponse that it is stupid, and thereby to gain a victory of some sort or other over the person who responds. I must keep up.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Guess I've been off the internet too long, and forgot about the wonderful practice of writing something one knows to be stupid, in order to elicit the reponse that it is stupid, and thereby to gain a victory of some sort or other over the person who responds. I must keep up.

I guess that you have been off the Internet for so long that you forgot the meaning of sarcasm.

Anyway, the score is now HTC: 3 Sky: 1 (0 if you only count ProTour races and GTs)

Sorry, Brits, America's team is kicking butt.

theyoungest said:
Times are dire when Uncle Sam needs three Germans, two Aussies, a Kiwi, and an Austrian to kick Britain's b*tt.

We just want to make sure the butt kicking is thorough and complete. If we have to enlist the help of some non-American support staff then so be it. Alexander needed non-Macedonians as well.

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
I stilll view columbia as a german team...

+1.

But then isn't it the American way to claim foreign countries' assets as its own? ;) :p

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
You had better dig up Churchill and dust him off. The Battle of Britain is on, baby. It's starting in Australia, we're rolling, and there's no stopping us.

So Bro, is this thread your first step into trolldom? What's up next, you going to start threads in the clinic about how clean certain top riders are?!:D

theyoungest said:
At least Alexander used the occasional Macedonian. HTC is more like the French foreign legion.

We're okay with using mercenaries. It has become the centerpiece of our military philosophy.

zapata said:
me too. can't help seeing columbia as the continuation of telekom. To me, columbia is american in the way that CSF Navigare is irish, or Diquigiovanni is venezuelan.

We had to grant the team citizenship and political asylum from oppression in Europe. I think some members of the team were upset about nations that still have queens or some other such archaic nonsense. The team is no different than the rest of us here.

zapata said:
Yes, the queen of Germany kan be a real she-dog.
Queen-Germany--62600.jpg

Lord. Please, don't post the notorious picture of her cleavage, everyone! On topic: I have no doubts that columbia will have more wins than any other team this year, as well. Hard not to, with Cavendish & Greipel on the team. That's why I will be rooting for everyone that looks, in any given race, to give them a run for their money, whether it's Sky or Fotoon.

A

Anonymous

zapata said:
Lord. Please, don't post the notorious picture of her cleavage, everyone! On topic: I have no doubts that columbia will have more wins than any other team this year, as well. Hard not to, with Cavendish & Greipel on the team. That's why I will be rooting for everyone that looks, in any given race, to give them a run for their money, whether it's Sky or Fotoon.

this queen of germany?

A

Anonymous

theyoungest said:
You can still chose to remove the picture yourself, before the mods do it. That's tasteless.

i actually realised that afterwards when i looked at the picture and article more closely..

Originally i just saw some old haggard woman.. Thats what happens when you google half asleep..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts