• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"I hope somebody breaks a baseball bat over your head"

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
jbenedict said:
Landis was a doper. Plain and simple. A cheat and a liar. Taking money and lying again and again over the world airways. Why did his father-in-law go and off himself? Was it because Floyd tarnished the family name?

Lance, Lance, Lance, Lance....just stop.

A

Anonymous

jbenedict said:
Landis was a doper. Plain and simple. A cheat and a liar. Taking money and lying again and again over the world airways. Why did his father-in-law go and off himself? Was it because Floyd tarnished the family name?

oprahtrolld.jpg

Cloxxki said:
I bet after such a deep drought, truth must be even more addictive than doping.
Why stop there, coming clean about himself? Who's the foremost person who took more than he gave, and let Landis down most? Lance wasn't an idol anymore when Floyd learned how he worked, but he still was loyal all his career. Then, end of career, why remain loyal to he who never proved worthy of even Floyd's presence?
Lance had to go down, and Floyd didn't want to risk is not happening due to yet more of passivity from his part. And oh it must be feeling great for him.
The way he showed up to that time trial ill prepared, just wearing a baggy t-shirt, you can tell the guy is loving cycling a pedal stroke at a time.
Sure he c***ed up just like everyone by falling for the temptation of easy wins. He is not unique that way. But seriously, wouldn't you guy want to go get a beer with this guy now? He's so much more of an idol if you think about it. His cycling performances are not required to like him.
Forget he's a cyclist or race winner, and what's there to like about Lance? Come on, there must be something.
No, there is not. Bullies go work in the mob, or get real lonely, or just switch to being nice to people.
Imagine you are just starting to be able to read, and learn about your father. You'll believe in his for a few more years. Since at times he comes to see you. Then you need to go see him, in jail. Can he still be your hero? Man, I pitty those kids. Why did he have to procreate like it was TdF wins, and drag them also into this, on top of the 28 million?

as a cancer survivor that's it - he could have behaved with the grace and humility of someone like Jane Tomlinson, but he chose his path. In every other way LA has proven to be an A-class 'punt'.

As for Floyd, well, I'm in melbourne on the weekend of the Worlds and if I see the guy I'll have no hesitation in going up and shaking the guy's hand.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
jbenedict said:
Yeah! Frankie was a doper on the same team. Betsy is married to a professional cycling cheat. Minions of Lance, they are.

...excuse me!...but try to invent your own terms if you don't mind...that was clearly Minions of Greg not Lance...ok ok ok, it is fair game since I was not smart to copyright it ...but then on the other hand I didn't think anyone would stoop so low as to so brazenly swipe it...

...but you know being the great guy that I am I'll let this slide...just an honest mistake, right ?...because all Lance haters are so totally above board, right?...righteous and all...fighting the good fight...sun shining out their...oh never mind, must be the coffee talking...

....and besides, Greg's Familiars, while much darker, is actually the more apt description...so if you could keep your paws off that, I'd really appreciate it...

...thanks in advance...

Cheers

blutto

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
And nobody cares that the subject of the thread is going before the grand jury today to testify under oath in a Federal court. I thought it was kind of a big deal, Think I'll take off for a couple of weeks.

theswordsman said:
And nobody cares that the subject of the thread is going before the grand jury today to testify under oath in a Federal court.

Just wondering out loud if any of her testimony will be leaked to the press.

Can she plead the fifth and just forget about it, or does she have to answer the questions asked of her?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:

Can she plead the fifth and just forget about it, or does she have to answer the questions asked of her?

The only way it could be is if Stephanie herself talked about it......and what she does leak might not be what she actually says

Berzin said:

I’m not aufait with the proceedings nor the law but my understanding is the 5th can be pleaded on certain grounds and immunity can be granted. Or in this case unfair dismissal from her job which will be given – ie Oakely cannot dismiss her on the grounds of her testimony. No one has to answer a question if they don’t want to. However silence can be considered non-compliance and therefore perjury. That’s not a road you’d really want to take unless it was considered to have ramifications for a country’s security etc. For example. “Did you change your testimony after the LeMond call from pressure from Mr. Armstrong?” – silence – we have phone records here that state you and Mr. Armstrong spoke on 32 separate occasions between those two dates, we have bank statements blah blah. “Do you understand by not answering the question you are therefore committing perjury?” Basically they will box her into a corner with evidence. Vaughters was much smarter at the SCA trial. He’d only sign the avadavat that he never saw doping in 2004 only which was the then 6th win – a year when he wasn’t on the team. My understanding is that McIlvain is attempting to dismiss the LeMond tape because LeMond was attempting “entrapment”. In other words trying to get her to say things that may not necessarily be true – gossip – for the sake of gossip not fact. That will be very hard considering the Andreu tapes which are left in a distressed manner and the LeMond tape she’s calm. If it was the other way around you could say that LeMond was pressurising her or forcing her to say things that were not true. She openly offers the information to LeMond and says she’ll lend her support to him. Bit hard to now to say that LeMond was forcing her to say things against her better judgement. Besides after a 6+ hour deposition you get so tired you just tell the truth.

Hog, I believe you are consistently confusing perjury with contempt. Not answering a question is not perjurious. However, if given immunity, not answering may be contempt. That is what caused Anderson trouble in the Bonds case.

-dB

A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:
Yes, it's a good time to play the moral relativism card.

It's a loser, but what the hell....

Freaking BRILLIANT response. BRAVO!

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I still can't get over Frankie having to stick a mic in front of Lance and ask vanilla questions for VS the past two years TDF

carry on

Boeing said:
I still can't get over Frankie having to stick a mic in front of Lance and ask vanilla questions for VS the past two years TDF

carry on
Perhaps the gents made an adult decision there. Lance hates his wife, and Frankie gets to be with her every day. I sortof understand eachother. No need to make it harder than it already is. Charades are no novelty to Lance anyway.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Since everybody opens a new thread, i just picked this hidden one about Armstrong.

Because of Contador, is their no more news about the Armstrong-Case? Now that all ex-teammates said they never saw doping inside Postal/Disco, it seems Armstrong is about to come away with doping, again? Is their still hope Novitsky catches him? Anything?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Since everybody opens a new thread, i just picked this hidden one about Armstrong.

Because of Contador, is their no more news about the Armstrong-Case? Now that all ex-teammates said they never saw doping inside Postal/Disco, it seems Armstrong is about to come away with doping, again? Is their still hope Novitsky catches him? Anything?

All ex-teammates??
Some riders who will probably never be called in front of the investigation have made statements to the media.

Novitzky will have little interest in what they say - but is interested in US citizens involved which is why Livingston & Lim were reported to have been before the GJ this week.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
So you think there´s sill hope. I am very pessimistic. Even Bodry is gone (and with it the 6 Epo-positives?). Omg.

I don't expect the investigation in the US to seek the '99 samples.

I think the FDA will concentrate on witnesses and going through all the documents that they have from Nike, Trek and whoever else we don't know about.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Why not?

Easiest way to get him. Novitskiy ask him where you got the Epo from, did you use Postal-Money? He´ll say i never did. Boom, lie, finished.

The FDA are not pursuing Armstrong for doping - they are investigating a team wide doping ring, who organized it and how it was paid.

Getting the samples would be fought every step of the way by LA's legal team, which would be costly and time consuming. I think the samples would only be sought as a last resort.

It is cheaper and easier to continue to squeeze information from people and go through the financial records, emails etc to build the case.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
The FDA are not pursuing Armstrong for doping - they are investigating a team wide doping ring, who organized it and how it was paid.

More specifically, they are looking for who procured, organized and paid for the manufacture and distribution of unapproved/unregulated drugs. Sporting fraud and cheating aren't the FDA's domain.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
That 'Lance is Clean his teammates say so' article was hysterical

The real cronies like VHP deny (quelle surprise) and then a rider who rode 13 stages in 99 says he saw nothing, later admitting that his acquaintance was superficial. Funniest thing? He also rode for TVM and Telekom, 2 uber dirty teams - guess he saw nothing there, either

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
That 'Lance is Clean his teammates say so' article was hysterical

The real cronies like VHP deny (quelle surprise) and then a rider who rode 13 stages in 99 says he saw nothing, later admitting that his acquaintance was superficial. Funniest thing? He also rode for TVM and Telekom, 2 uber dirty teams - guess he saw nothing there, either

Hard to see the forest for the trees..."oh you mean that stuff? Everybody did that, it's not dopingdoping."

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
I bet after such a deep drought, truth must be even more addictive than doping.
Why stop there, coming clean about himself? Who's the foremost person who took more than he gave, and let Landis down most? Lance wasn't an idol anymore when Floyd learned how he worked, but he still was loyal all his career. Then, end of career, why remain loyal to he who never proved worthy of even Floyd's presence?
Lance had to go down, and Floyd didn't want to risk is not happening due to yet more of passivity from his part. And oh it must be feeling great for him.
The way he showed up to that time trial ill prepared, just wearing a baggy t-shirt, you can tell the guy is loving cycling a pedal stroke at a time.
Sure he c***ed up just like everyone by falling for the temptation of easy wins. He is not unique that way. But seriously, wouldn't you guy want to go get a beer with this guy now? He's so much more of an idol if you think about it. His cycling performances are not required to like him.
Forget he's a cyclist or race winner, and what's there to like about Lance? Come on, there must be something.
No, there is not. Bullies go work in the mob, or get real lonely, or just switch to being nice to people.
Imagine you are just starting to be able to read, and learn about your father. You'll believe in his for a few more years. Since at times he comes to see you. Then you need to go see him, in jail. Can he still be your hero? Man, I pitty those kids. Why did he have to procreate like it was TdF wins, and drag them also into this, on top of the 28 million?
Buddy PM me and send me the $25 + postage I paid for Floyds book O lies. Then I will shake your hand. We are all suckers to Landis, do yourself a favor and do not buy into his tripe. If you hate Armstrong good but realize that Floyd Landis is Tripe. If you do not believe me ask Larry King.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
Buddy PM me and send me the $25 + postage I paid for Floyds book O lies. Then I will shake your hand. We are all suckers to Landis, do yourself a favor and do not buy into his tripe. If you hate Armstrong good but realize that Floyd Landis is Tripe. If you do not believe me ask Larry King.

Larry King is tripe but he's been dead too long to realize it.

I'd imagine you love a whistleblower in any other setting. That man-crush of yours knows no bounds.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Larry King is tripe but he's been dead too long to realize it.

I'd imagine you love a whistleblower in any other setting. That man-crush of yours knows no bounds.

Flicky has to take PEDs in order to keep his man crush going day after day. should see the size of his right arm:rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS