I think Lance Armstrong is the greatest rider in the last 20 yrs

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
neil69cyclist said:
pmcg76, I just got criticised for my IQ because of my username seems like we are in the same boat !!!
Maybe we are in the same boat then, sounds about right. Was not picking on you personally, more Lance fans in general.

Cycling around the world, sounds amazing. Good luck with that.
 
Jun 17, 2009
83
0
0
Thanks pmcg76, lets stop knocking LA as it is getting boring....lets start on someone else !!

Can't wait to start the ride, are you a sceptic ?? as I am cycling across the states for 4 months and will always be looking for somewhere to crash !
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,991
0
0
neil69cyclist said:
Thanks pmcg76, lets stop knocking LA as it is getting boring....lets start on someone else !!

Can't wait to start the ride, are you a sceptic ?? as I am cycling across the states for 4 months and will always be looking for somewhere to crash !
Uh Neil, you mean 'septic'. ;)

Very impressive enterprise mate, best of luck to you. I'll be happy to join you in talking about racing instead of all the other ****e on this board. All we have to do is persuade the local bully boys to do likewise. Fat chance.
 
Mar 10, 2009
221
0
0
neil69cyclist said:
Way more superior to Big Mig because 7 is more than 5 and Hinault well again 7 is more than 5 and 8 will be loads more than 5.

Things have changed and with technology and sports science cycling is harder now than it was when both Hinault and Indurain rode.

Stop living in the past !!
Think about it. If Armstrong had continued riding after 05 it's reasonable to think that he would would have had 8 0r 9 tour titles or possibly even 10. Who could beat him? Landis? Rasmussen? Oscar P or Riijs' outfit? I don't think so. Does that answer your question about the so called Badger et al.
 
Mar 11, 2009
79
0
0
pshh.. thats just dumb.

Armstrong was the best Tour de France rider of the 2000's. That is all. Nothing more, nothing less. He was a moderately sucessful one-day racer up to then.

Thats only in the last 20. Over time I think Lance's star slowly dim.

He only won a couple more tours than Merckx and Hinnault. And they managed to ride other races while they were winning their tours. And beating the pants off the rest of the peloton in almost every race they entered.

Imagine a tour winner taking Roubaix now! It'll be a long, long time before that happens again.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
jackhammer111 said:
If you are going to comment on my comments you should quote them not just go off on you typical tiresome rants about me.
Only the last part was to you. Sorry your feelings got hurt.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Ninety5rpm said:
Sure, fine. Perhaps not all superstars are narcissistic, but many obviously are. So what?


Well of course he didn't want that evidence presented - it would destroy his clean image.


I do. Can you spell it out for me, please?


So what? Is anyone asking you to like his actions?


Why ask them. You're the one implying that is the case, while espousing the virtues of using facts and logic. Well?


Not according to any definition of rights that I'm familiar with.


I'm not even sure what your point is, much less whether I agree with it or not.


Is this your idea of using facts?


I have no idea what you're talking about.
Instead of replying to each point, I will just give you a present: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

As for the rest of it, well, some people know what time it is and some don't.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
RightWingNutJob said:
and some people need a villain to give their lives meaning! ;)
Yea, you Lance Armstrong fanboys really do seem to hate anyone who disagrees with your hero. Dang.....
 
Jun 10, 2009
249
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, you Lance Armstrong fanboys really do seem to hate anyone who disagrees with your hero. Dang.....
I know, my live would have no meaning if I didn't have people to hate. :D
Speaking of hate. Let me go check out the Obama web sites.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
RightWingNutJob said:
I know, my live would have no meaning if I didn't have people to hate. :D
Speaking of hate. Let me go check out the Obama web sites.
Right now, just go check out anything on Mahmoud Ahmadinejad if your running low.

Believe it or not, I actually dislike him more than Lance....in fact, I can use the word "hate" there.
 
Apr 12, 2009
404
0
0
Sheltowee said:
Think about it. If Armstrong had continued riding after 05 it's reasonable to think that he would would have had 8 0r 9 tour titles or possibly even 10. Who could beat him? Landis? Rasmussen? Oscar P or Riijs' outfit? I don't think so. Does that answer your question about the so called Badger et al.
Honestly, Hinault would have won six or seven Tours if it hadn't been for the injuries that hampered him in 1980 and 1983. That said, Armstrong probably would have won a couple more if he'd kept riding after 2005. What made Armstrong stand out was his complete mastery of all the disciplines necessary for winning the Tour: he was the best climber in the race and the best time-trialist. Hinault and Merckx were the best time-trialists and had excellent power-climbing skills without being pure high-cadence stylists like Armstrong. But for that same reason they had the capacity to win flat, brutal events like Paris-Roubaix, where Armstrong surely would have come up short. In other words, Hinault and Merckx weren't perfect TDF riders because their skill-sets were broad enough to allow them to master other kinds of events too. That breadth produced incredible palmares but meant that they were never invincible in any given event like the TDF. As Barry Hoban once said of Merckx, "He could win any race, but he could also be beaten in any race." There's a trade-off, you might say, between breadth and security.
 
Jun 10, 2009
249
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
Right now, just go check out anything on Mahmoud Ahmadinejad if your running low.

Believe it or not, I actually dislike him more than Lance....in fact, I can use the word "hate" there.
Yep, obviously his role effects more people than most others. I have great respect for the protesters in Iran.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY