• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

if Arbiter is a troll, is he better than Vadar at ThePaceline?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
BanProCycling I am enjoying your posts and a different perspective. That is always valuable to challenge oneself.

I can't say you have won me over though.

The question on AlbertoC not being a mountain of threads as LA is pertinent and I think you have a point in that it is not being addressed.

The report to Mods thing is petty and not that critical for mine
Neither is questioning someone on they being a rider/ sponsor. like the are going to blow themselves on here for this weeks LA fan-boy family tag-team appointee

but you do have a valid point on why the board - here- is not more expressive on AC.

For mine, why aren't i posting yet, despite his stats...well, I think if AC wins 6 more, leads a chequered life of dubious history- had a legacy of burnt offerings (people) along the way, got a million bucks to appear at the TDU, donated $x to the UCI, had the books and the talk shows, the bike rides with the presidents, and I was listening to an mp3 about HIM instead of Greg LeMond/ betsy, Walsh etc, then yeah for sure more posts would be on AC.

If he does that, then yeah, Come back in 6 years after that and I'm sure it would be the doubters vs the fanboys for Alberto and not LA-

Personally, I feel like I have dropped into a catfight amongst family and friends of LA and past Pro cyclists.

Okay, I'm impartial. My bike cost $89 (Australian) from BigW. I ride the bus. I don't even own lycra or shave my legs. I don't even know any cyclists beyond my daughter and her 3 wheeler.

All are welcome to confess to me who they are and I will happily act as independant arbiter.

Now, lets start with you Arbiter- I mean BigPro (the word print analysis isunderway as we speak).Which family member of LA are you. You can PM me and I won't tell.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
agreed. things don't always have to be so linear. a non sequiter can move things along as well. :cool:

It can be hard to get balance on discussions as posters are usually on one side or another.... and before you think I am just referring to you know who - if you check a thread on "Giant vs Colnago" it nearly ended in WWIII!

I agree there should be more debates and I enjoyed a very good one earlier with Scribe on a different thread.

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
BanProCycling said:
It's 13%, in an extreme case, against someone who isn't doping - which is very few, so you can see from the start how it doesn't make as great a difference.
the 13% is not the difference between a doped and undoped rider. It is the difference between a rider that responded to the dope and one that doesn't

This is common with all medicine. One of the most popular medicine ever produced, Clarityn, worked for less then 40% of users. One of my best friends is fighting cancer right now. He is starting Interleukin. I am hoping he one of the 50% of the people it helps.

With the advent of blood vector doping the sport became a race between who had the best doctor and who responded the best to dope.

BanProCycling said:
Most dope is from the manufacturers and is very similar. You may have noted how many riders are using CERA - which is all the same thing. Again, don't get carried with all the gossip and myths here. It's a lot of garbage.

from the manufacturers? Who is the manufacture of this stuff?
DV48361_200.jpg

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
BanProCycling said:
In other words, you can't name them because you know they were all on dope as well and you would look hypocritical.

That's what I sorta thought also when I read that response, it was a cop-out answer.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
well i'm lost

we've got guys called eva marie

someone(?) playing the Huge Anoos line- is tha Austin Powsers meets Julian Cleary channeling Borat?

plus we've got Arbi/ProTool/BanProCycling posting and replying to him/herself, and Lance somewhere along the way

and i thought_I_had identity issues...

crikey

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Ozzie2 said:
plus we've got Arbi/ProTool/BanProCycling posting and replying to him/herself, and Lance somewhere along the way
I only have one identity in this forum; it is ProTour. Please be respectful before making false presumptions, and keep your comments focused on the topic at hand. And I seriously doubt Lance is in this forum, though it must be fun for some of you to imagine that he is reading your posts.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ProTour said:
I only have one identity in this forum; it is ProTour. Please be respectful before making false presumptions, and keep your comments focused on the topic at hand. And I seriously doubt Lance is in this forum, though it must be fun for some of you to imagine that he is reading your posts.

Im glad you reminded people to keep to the topic at hand as it appeared to be getting deflected away from the what it started as:

"if Arbiter is a troll, is he better than Vadar at ThePaceline?"

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
ProTour said:

well, as long as you remember which one it is between tablets (only kidding)

but seriously- i'm on you page- what is it in America???oh yeah, "don't ask, dont tell"

BTW- you aren't my Year 8 home teacher are you? Man I could swear you were chanelling Ms Remelmozer there..." he's not Arbiter he's a very naughty boy"

and you're telling me Lance_doesn't_come here? bummer. Might as well use 2 hands to type now

what day was our homework due again?

Fwiw, I don't know if I ever even knew what the topic was to start with. I have a feeling it was to see how long before we got a post like that, Cap'n.
;-)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Im glad you reminded people to keep to the topic at hand as it appeared to be getting deflected away from the what it started as:

"if Arbiter is a troll, is he better than Vadar at ThePaceline?"

I knew this forum would go totally off track. Ban Procycling's comments are a bit random as nobody has ever heard such claims like that before.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
ProTour said:
I only have one identity in this forum; it is ProTour. Please be respectful before making false presumptions, and keep your comments focused on the topic at hand.

I would suggest that before you make such condescending comments you check your previous posts. As they say people who live in glasshouses............

And if you are not just a sock puppet, I am sorry. I guess I gave you too much credit by assuming that you do not actually believe in the opinions that you post on this forum.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
I would suggest that before you make such condescending comments you check your previous posts. As they say people who live in glasshouses............

And if you are not just a sock puppet, I am sorry. I guess I gave you too much credit by assuming that you do not actually believe in the opinions that you post on this forum.

SHUTDOWN. Protour just got owned. but i do agree that some people in this thread are hipocrits. I'm not sure i see the point in having more than one forum account? Why would somebody do that.

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
SHUTDOWN. Protour just got owned. but i do agree that some people in this thread are hipocrits. I'm not sure i see the point in having more than one forum account? Why would somebody do that.

i actually think the funniest thing around here is your signature. :p

we are all fanboys really, the lance once, the vino ones, the brad ones, and the cadel ones.. but of course.. cadel is clean as a whistle ;)

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

we are all fanboys really, the lance once, the vino ones, the brad ones, and the cadel ones.. but of course.. cadel is clean as a whistle ;)

sweet! This could get good.

Going WAY off topic now, Ive never quite understood the Jens fanboys. He’s a highly sus rider and has a very German sense of humour. Not really my cup O tea. But I would maintain that I am a cycling fanboy, no one rider really floats my boat, the sport is what matters to me. I should add that I do admire Jens for his attacking, that is friggin awesome.

A

Anonymous

53 x 11 said:
sweet! This could get good.

Going WAY off topic now, Ive never quite understood the Jens fanboys. He’s a highly sus rider and has a very German sense of humour. Not really my cup O tea. But I would maintain that I am a cycling fanboy, no one rider really floats my boat, the sport is what matters to me. I should add that I do admire Jens for his attacking, that is friggin awesome.

dont diss the jens fanboys and dont diss jens. :eek:

that is bordering on blasphemy

2m0euf.jpg

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

okay okay okay hold on hold on hold on.

okay. this one hurts.
i accept the 99% of cyclists push the envelope and cross lines, and probably blood dope. but EPO and CERA and stuff. yep. i'm ignorant. which is why i am here. i am trying to learn

can you elaborate, or is it another reason

is it an ironic signature there? am i missing something

i hoped that because he couldnt keep up and didnt win and didn't win those mountain stages it suggests he is (relatively) clean

he seems an "even rider" - as in consistently 2nd.

am in living in ignorance here.

be gentle

Ozzie2 said:
okay okay okay hold on hold on hold on.

okay. this one hurts.
i accept the 99% of cyclists push the envelope and cross lines, and probably blood dope. but EPO and CERA and stuff. yep. i'm ignorant. which is why i am here. i am trying to learn

can you elaborate, or is it another reason

is it an ironic signature there? am i missing something

i hoped that because he couldnt keep up and didnt win and didn't win those mountain stages it suggests he is (relatively) clean

he seems an "even rider" - as in consistently 2nd.

am in living in ignorance here.

be gentle

I won't say one way or the other, but Tony Rominger, who doped and is Cadel's manager, was said to have set up a relationship with Ferrari and Cadel. Ferrari was Rominger's 'doctor'.
This however was later denied, and it was said that the rider in question was in fact Michael Rogers.

Status
Not open for further replies.