• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

If Contador rides the Giro, will Wiggins still ride it?

If Contador rides the giro, will wiggins still ride it?

• He'll break his collarbone on purpose to make it legit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
This had to be done lol

But seriously, if contador really is going to ride it I see wiggins backing off. I still think that Contador was the biggest reason for Wiggins to aim at the giro and not the tour.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Wiggins will back off by mistake? Too late for the start, or something? ;)

Wiggo's goal is to win the Giro, if Contador is there he simply has no chance.

Wiggins of the Tour pattern has the chance.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I think he will ride the Giro no matter what, if he decided to not take part in the Giro at this point it would be all to obvious the reason. Although it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he just raced the Giro easy in order to not be too fatigued for the Tour.

PS: Love the 3rd option in the poll. :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Badly started thread with the title and the question asked in opposite orientation.

Oh yeah, my bad.

Hopefully one of the mods will change the title so it's according to the question in the poll.

i never agreed that wiggo choose to ride il giro because he was afraid of what it will expect him in le tour 2013. it wasn't a coward move in my opinion
but yes if he changes plans now knowing alberto will ride giro too,i will definitely change my opinion

he can't back off now

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
veganrob said:
That is a pretty big if. While we know AC shows up to win.

Contador can be different too. They both may be different. Yes, if Contador will show up at the 2009 Tour level, it is extremely difficult to imagine Wiggins winning. But to say 'Wiggins has no chance' is way over.

IMO, people generally underrate defensive riding that Wiggins promotes, confusing visual show and effectiveness. It is like blanket stereotype which I can not understand. True, Wiggins is dependent on the team rider, but people tend to absolutize this. Nonetheless, all that was discussed numerous times and I have nothing new to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS