• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

If Contador rides the Giro, will Wiggins still ride it?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

If Contador rides the giro, will wiggins still ride it?

• He'll break his collarbone on purpose to make it legit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
(I include myself in this)

Sometimes pro cycling fans are like those people you hear about: they see an actor who plays a villan in a soap opera and start telling them off for all the nasty things they've done. Failing to make the distinction between entertainment and reality. It's all gravy for Wiggins, they even got a Brit to 'design' the pink jersey.

Cavendash said:
This myth that Wiggo is somehow scared of Contador is laughable.

Yeah Contador would most likely beat him but to think Wiggo is scared and desperate to avoid him at all costs is pure fantasy.
But Wiggo is no spring chicken, he needs to choose his goals wisely. And to try and win the Giro against Contador might not be the wisest of choices.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:
Or simply an opinion different from yours, and one that you strangely label as hostile.

No, simply that point shows hostility of anything one dislikes no matter how it is global and grandiose.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Cavendash said:
This myth that Wiggo is somehow scared of Contador is laughable.

TRUE!

Yeah Contador would most likely beat him but to think Wiggo is scared and desperate to avoid him at all costs is pure fantasy.

Contador beating Wiggo? WHAT???

.......................__ ............
......<ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL>.
........................| |...........
................... __\||/____......
.\\...............|'-|--| .\\....\.....
..\ \_...........|--|---|..\\ ....\....
../ L \____,/-------\___\___\
.|LOL|-------------O----- ----,\..
..\ L /______,---''-----------, /...
../ /.............\_________ ,/....
.//.............____//___ __\\__/.
'i tripped on my lollerskates'

'roflcopter!'

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
And another thing, the eulogies about Pantani above caused me to look up the history again (see Wikipedia on Pantani). It strikes me that there are considerable numbers of fans who simply will not face up to the realities of that period and that is very depressing to read.

One can only hope that Wiggins vs Contador in 2013 (and the others) will be simply dependent on their natural talents.

InterestedSpectator said:
And another thing, the eulogies about Pantani above caused me to look up the history again (see Wikipedia on Pantani). It strikes me that there are considerable numbers of fans who simply will not face up to the realities of that period and that is very depressing to read.

One can only hope that Wiggins vs Contador in 2013 (and the others) will be simply dependent on their natural talents.

Or they just don't care. If clinic stuff would make me dislike a rider I would not be a Berto fangirl.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
serfla said:
Again, you're mixing the style with the character of a victory.
Convincing victory can be achieved by very different styles.
The question is: Why some convincing victories are qualified like boring, and other are not?
Two things are falling to mind.
First - it's because of sympathies and contempt to certain riders, and second - it's because general cycling auditorium prefers one style more than the other.
Why cycling auditorium prefers certain style? Well, because the dominance is more obvious in that case. And that's turning us to "the idol thesis". More obvious dominance is making rider's image closer to an image of omnipotent being.
I'm glad to read like-minded persons on the forum. Finally somebody understands me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS