• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Il Lombardia 2014

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Big Doopie said:
Again:

i made no mention of "clean" -- you did.

he does have a natural pedigree -- which is what i alluded to.

stop blaming me for your clinic-obsessed thoughts.

We've seen you do it before.

I don't like all these insinuations.

Last time you were called out too.

Just stop. There's only one clinic-obsessed person between the two of us. And it's not me.

LaFlorecita said:
yeah, he'll probably finish top 5 or so, and he's never gonna make up 66 points on Valverde.

Not sure why he can never get out of la Vuelta in good shape.

Not sure. It's quite pathetic though. Just makes him seem like a whiner and I don't like whiners.

It's not like he could calmly work his way to La Vuelta.

Since June, he was good in the Dauphine, then trained to be top in the Tour, then put a lot of effort in recovering, then trained again to get in shape for the Vuelta, then rode the Vuelta for 3 weeks on a lot of mtf's.

He basically didn't have a rest period since early june.

Red Rick said:

Since June, he was good in the Dauphine, then trained to be top in the Tour, then put a lot of effort in recovering, then trained again to get in shape for the Vuelta, then rode the Vuelta for 3 weeks on a lot of mtf's.

yeah that's true. But in 2012 and 2008 he was pretty bad too

Major Kudos to Dan Martin and Garmin!!! Garmin rode a great race and Dan really made an awesome move!

The rest well they just looked at each other, go figure......

Normally I would be very happy for Bala, but can't muster any enthusiasm today.

it really is a shame that he slipped in LBL. otherwise we could be talking about martin as the greatest of the hilly classics.

and hesj buried himself selflessly yet again, just as he did at LBL last year. pretty phenomenal from a giro winner. sammy sanchez could learn from that teamwork!

go garmin!! (the little team that could)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Can't believe I missed the race. :( To be honest didn't even know it was today. :eek:

But nice to see Martin got the win after all the setbacks he's had this season. :)

Netserk said:
If you're Valverde or Canc, sure.

Gilbert and Boonen only care about 1st. No reason to sprint for a 2nd place.
Ridiculous. And even if it was true it would just be sad and pathetic.
Carols said:
Normally I would be very happy for Bala, but can't muster any enthusiasm today.

I hear you. I'm usually pretty happy when he finishes on the podium and I'm even happy about it today but he should have learned something from last week. He's just too conservative in the finales of the big races these days.

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Had some money on Wellens at 150/1 :eek:

Its fair to say i was getting quite excited at one stage.

Well done Dan Martin ... caught them all with their pants down :)

jaylew said:
Ridiculous. And even if it was true it would just be sad and pathetic.

I hear you. I'm usually pretty happy when he finishes on the podium and I'm even happy about it today but he should have learned something from last week. He's just too conservative in the finales of the big races these days.

It's the mentality of a real winner.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Watch out, Miburo could jump you any moment to ask for evidence ;)

NoProblemo.jpg

Netserk said:
It's the mentality of a real winner.

It's ridiculous to just give up when you realise you can't win anymore. If you give up as soon as you can't win, you're just a lazy *** bike rider imo. They're paid to get results.

If they can still win, ride for first place. If you miss the deciding break, ride for second place, that's a great mentality

Red Rick said:

But Valverde too - he fully raced both Tour and Vuelta, did several other races in between, and the WCs. It's amazing how he can keep up his form. Maybe too amazing?