• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Il Lombardia 2015, Oct 4th

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Guys, there's no need to answer to portugal11 posts. He's either 11 years old kid from Portugal, who still have a time to understand what cycling truely is, or he's just a regular troll that we shouldn't feed here.

Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
portugal11 said:
this * race is not a monument. so weak competition, lombardia at these days, looks more like the nationals

1443970807-cln9ss3usaawwvy.gif

Alrighty then :D . What a non-sense. The field was strong, and talk about a race: Kwiat's and Wellens' ballsy long breakaway, Gilbert's attempts to get back, masterpiece descents from Nibali, Moreno's and Pinot's performances, wow! Coming off the "rate the WCRR" thread, how about that one? Great course, great racing.

Brilliant race! Vincenzo is a true racer. One of the very few left in the cycling world. He finds ways to win even when he is not the strongest. Hats off to him.

What about Rosa!? :eek: So strong. Wow. Maybe the strongest rider today and a huge reason why Nibali managed to get the win. I am curious to see his development in the future. He should have more freedom next year.

Congrats to Moreno and Pinot also. For the latter it seems he is getting better the harder and the more difficult the race gets. Dani surprised me a lot. It was nice to see once again what he is capable of when he gets freedom to race for himself. Impressive today. Chaves was also looking good. I don't know what happened then. Valverde strong but still not enough.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Congrats Vincenzo. I remember being on the forum in 2011-12 and people were talking about how he would never been a good enough climber to win another GT after his "fluke" Vuelta win, and how he wasn't explosive enough to win a monument.

Two GT wins later he now has his monument. Truly a great racer. One that will probably be appreciated more once he has left the sport.

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

hfer07 said:
Climbing said:
Actually Rai reported that Chaves had cramps.

heard the same too- very bad timing for him to have them :( Aside from Nibbs I was really excited to see Chavez performing so well before that....

It is not unusual for certain riders after 230km to hit the limit. They say only a few selected riders in the world can win a 250km stage

very nice end, hopefully race course will stay the same for next year
congratulazione for Vincenzo he tried so much, he deserved it, also moreno and pinot big congrats and lot of thanks to Diego Rosa, he could fight for win too if he was a leader in his team