Il Lombardia 2021 (October 9th)

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Key point in the race. They had already botched it but still had a decent shot until that moment. All they had to do is keep rotating through but the second one person doesn't it's all over.
IT'S NEVER VALVERDE'S FAULT!
watch it back...I can't stand valverde in these positions but it was Bardet who f**ed it for the rest of the group today

Impressive by Pogacar to just ignore Masnada and continue keeping the tempo high. I think a lot of riders would have begun quarreling and lost a lot of time there, jeopardising the win. He was a little lucky that it was such a snail that joined him, though.

A pity that Roglic was on a bad day.
Roglic was still good on a bad day, just not in stomping form. I think he made a peak a few days ago. Pogi was still working on peaking then.

Impressive by Pogacar to just ignore Masnada and continue keeping the tempo high. I think a lot of riders would have begun quarreling and lost a lot of time there, jeopardising the win. He was a little lucky that it was such a snail that joined him, though.

A pity that Roglic was on a bad day.
I have to say as big Fausto fan, Pogacar did the final climb tactically perfect.

Reactions: Sandisfan
But I do think Valverde was the main culprit here. He was right on the wheel of Masnada when he went and just thought "nope!" even though he was the best sprinter left apart from Alaphilippe and Roglic, who just didn't have the legs to win today.

He should have realised a long time ago that his good sprint requires him to take more responsibility.

I am completely with Netserk on this one.

Tbh I also have no idea what DQS was thinking apart from trying to secure 2nd place. Alaphilippe certainly wasn't riding to pressure Pogacar into doing too much work or to give himself much of a shot.

Group simply also wasn't helped by being led by the weakest descender and rider in that group with Vingegaard. They had the least reason to ride too with Roglic having an off day agian as well.

Reactions: noob
Tbh I also have no idea what DQS was thinking apart from trying to secure 2nd place. Alaphilippe certainly wasn't riding to pressure Pogacar into doing too much work or to give himself much of a shot.

Group simply also wasn't helped by being led by the weakest descender and rider in that group with Vingegaard. They had the least reason to ride too with Roglic having an off day agian as well.
Bramati needs shooting after today. Don Patrick might just see to that.

But I do think Valverde was the main culprit here. He was right on the wheel of Masnada when he went and just thought "nope!" even though he was the best sprinter left apart from Alaphilippe and Roglic, who just didn't have the legs to win today.

He should have realised a long time ago that his good sprint requires him to take more responsibility.

I am completely with Netserk on this one.
Funny how Valverde said he did not want to be the one starting the sprint from the front this time (for example compared to Liège), which is understandable, but in the end that allowed Yates and Roglic to pass them.

i dont think DQS did poor job tactically

in theory sending a luxury teammember in front to force others to chase so your leader can rest is what you should do

however, particulary this year, once a guy gets up the road, those who should chase just stop giving a s*it

its new meta, instead of banking on everyones desire to win, you should bank on everyones unwillingness to drag somebody to the line even at the cost of your own success

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts