• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Il Lombardia 2022, one day monument, October 8, farewell to Nibali and Valverde

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's less than a week away already? Doesn't really feel like it should be the end of the season yet to me, usually I'm ready for a couple of months without cycling by this point. I guess that also means it's time to retire this avatar soon.

Still absolutely hate the idea of finishing in Como without Sormano being there but it is what it is. On the plus side, Nibali and Valverde both seem to have the form to go out by contesting the finale. Would love a blast to the past with one last shark attack on a descent and one last time pulling my hair out at Valverde not committing in a chase group he can win from in a sprint. Of course, it's hard to see past Pogacar, but we can dream.

Nibali and Valverde. Have long enjoyed watching both of them race. Not only their final race, also consider, just for these two riders) all the forum memes/analogies/jokes that will also be (eventually) be retired:
-Showing off the trophy cabinet
-The Bag
-“Valverde’s in the chase group” = guaranteed they won’t work well enough to catch the leaders
-Bala Sr. Citizen joke
-Nibali descending = automatic excitement (in former years)
-Valverde hair (or lack of) jokes

and I’m sure others that haven’t popped immediately to mind. . .

Nibali and Valverde. Have long enjoyed watching both of them race. Not only their final race, also consider, just for these two riders) all the forum memes/analogies/jokes that will also be (eventually) be retired:
-Showing off the trophy cabinet
-The Bag
-“Valverde’s in the chase group” = guaranteed they won’t work well enough to catch the leaders
-Bala Sr. Citizen joke
-Nibali descending = automatic excitement (in former years)
-Valverde hair (or lack of) jokes

and I’m sure others that haven’t popped immediately to mind. . .

Don't forget our beloved tobydawq being triggered by any mere suggestions of Nibali > Valverde :p

TRENDING THREADS