• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Il Lombardia 2022, one day monument, October 8, farewell to Nibali and Valverde

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I always though of Valverde as Mr. Consistency, much like prime Roglic. He could turn up to any race and win it throughout the season, and was in form for most of the season. He was number one by points for a lot of years.

Whereas Nibali seemed to target specific races, mostly GTs obviously, of which he won all of them. But compared to Valverde he had a lot of peaks in forms, so in some races he wasn't as consistent, or only did them as training.

Last edited:
Eurosport/GCN showing the race live from 1100 CET.

I think Valverde has handed Mas the chalice of eternal success, and he will cement his week-old reputation as the best one-day rider in the world*

*Or Movistar realise they'll be relegated without Bala's points, so the other riders have to put a shift in.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Something nice to read:
Why the Muro di Sormano is Il Lombardia’s crown jewel

They are not doing the Muro di Sormano this year, aren't they?
I hope I am wrong and I read the wrong profile.

TRENDING THREADS