• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Il Lombardia, 241KM, 13th October (WT)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:
Lombardia is such a depressing race. I couldn't care less for track cycling, I don't care about Turkey and China and the likes and I occasionally watch cross if I dont have anything to do at all. Then comes a bad race like TDU around and I watch it as its il Giro until I realize it sucks balls as well. Then comes February and proper racing starts again, thats 4 months, 1/3 of the year!

Guess I'll have to watch a bit of basketball and biathlon

Oh please ! Don't start bashing the TDU until January otherwise I will have to get myself some happy pills..........
At least nationals and Bay Crits are decent racing. Herald Sun Tour is usually ok as well

42x16ss said:
movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:
Lombardia is such a depressing race. I couldn't care less for track cycling, I don't care about Turkey and China and the likes and I occasionally watch cross if I dont have anything to do at all. Then comes a bad race like TDU around and I watch it as its il Giro until I realize it sucks balls as well. Then comes February and proper racing starts again, thats 4 months, 1/3 of the year!

Oh please ! Don't start bashing the TDU until January otherwise I will have to get myself some happy pills..........
At least nationals and Bay Crits are decent racing. Herald Sun Tour is usually ok as well

For Australians it's better than okay at that time of year. I like the cricket moderately but I've turned off the round ball completely. I used to hate basketball but I like watching the NBA also the NFL.

movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:

file.php

He'll come soon enough.

Alexandre B. said:
movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:

file.php

He'll come soon enough.

:lol:

Kwibus said:
Alexandre B. said:
movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:

file.php

He'll come soon enough.

I'm sure Richie and the TDU can't wait.............

Re:

Koronin said:
Yes it's the end of cycling season, but fall is when there are always sports on TV so it's ok. Football season (American football) started back in September (college and pro), hockey season (NHL) started two weeks ago and basketball (college, not an NBA fan) season starts next month. Right now looking to see about getting tickets for when the Pittsburgh Penguins visit Raleigh to play the Carolina Hurricanes. Penguin fan here who grew up watching Mario Lemieux. Yes hockey is not the same without him. There are plenty of sports to keep you occupied until cycling season starts again.
I am also looking forward to hockey getting me through until the opening weekend. Go Jets!

movingtarget said:
Kwibus said:
Alexandre B. said:
movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:

file.php

He'll come soon enough.

I'm sure Richie and the TDU can't wait.............

There will be no Richie Porte at the TDU.

TourOfSardinia said:
Leinster said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
about 140 days to Omloop het Nieuwsblad..

*sigh*
Watch cyclocross. It’s basically the same thing, but with less crosswinds.
Problem with cyclocross is the current dominance:
The cameras hug the two superheroes up front
- while the interesting/unpredictable race for 3rd is hardly seen.

It’s not just the current big two, although they make it much worse than usual. At a certain level it’s the nature of the sport. There’s little tactical element, so the strongest almost always wins and who the strongest is is usually predictable before the race starts or at best soon after. I just can’t get that into it. I can see what’s fun about it as a day out, but ultimately the reasons I love road cycling much more than other racing sports are the tactics and unpredictability.

Alexandre B. said:
movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:

file.php

He'll come soon enough.
Jancouver lives for slanging the TDU.

It's about a third of his posts, he had to be banned for a week last year so people could actually talk about the race instead of justifying its existance...

42x16ss said:
Alexandre B. said:
movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:

file.php

He'll come soon enough.
Jancouver lives for slanging the TDU.

It's about a third of his posts, he had to be banned for a week last year so people could actually talk about the race instead of justifying its existance...

Not sure what that says about the rest of the season then ...........SBS don't show Lombardia anymore even online, must be a TV rights issue like with the Giro but they show all of the other monuments. Oddly this year even Eurosport didn't show Lombardia in Australasia. I sign up for Eurosport to watch the Giro, thankfully you only have to keep it for a month but I keep it longer for the NBA playoffs.

Re:

SHAD0W93 said:
I couldn't even get a stream in Nevada. The only races NBC shows next to nothing besides the Tour and usually shows the race or stage a week later in a recap.

Apparently some of the other stuff is on the Olympic Channel (which is HD only). We just upgraded our DVR/receiver so we'll see next year. Otherwise yeah it's hard to find the races over here on NBC. Tape delayed if we're lucky and none of the races in Italy. (I'm on the other side of the country, coastal NC.)

As a Chiefs fan, the cycling off-season may bring more excitement, after the World Cup triumph, A great '18 cycling season and its massive cherry on the cake that is the topic...I will finally get some time to read and participate in the design thread, hopefully, because that one is a treasure.

SHAD0W93 said:
GuyIncognito said:
Zaugg wasn't weak that day, though. He was one of the strongest, which is what made that result bizarre.

Yea, and he was strong in 12 as well. 11 had weird monument winners excluding Gilbert.

Each race was very exciting though, I still look back on 2011 as my favourite year for watching cycling (probably my first full season of watching it too).

It was amazing that Leopard had podiumed every monument as well that year.

Re:

42x16ss said:
I had to use Tiz to watch the Italian Classics. Very disappointing when you have to revert to a grainy, choppy feed to watch one of the sports biggest races.

Same:(
Also in regards to sport for us Aussies it's sad as AFL and NRL are both over, while the cricket has been tarnished a bit by sandpapergate. I'll try watch the cricket but am also looking forward to the NBA, so hopefully that tides me over till the Nats.

Koronin said:
SHAD0W93 said:
I couldn't even get a stream in Nevada. The only races NBC shows next to nothing besides the Tour and usually shows the race or stage a week later in a recap.

Apparently some of the other stuff is on the Olympic Channel (which is HD only). We just upgraded our DVR/receiver so we'll see next year. Otherwise yeah it's hard to find the races over here on NBC. Tape delayed if we're lucky and none of the races in Italy. (I'm on the other side of the country, coastal NC.)

Yea it is just crazy. The NBC gold doesn't seem worth it at all. I usually just read the threads to see what happens than watch a highlight video on YouTube if I get lucky. At the beginning of each year there is a guy called Cycling Hub that posts the last KMs for the races but he usually gets banned by April.

greenedge said:
42x16ss said:
I had to use Tiz to watch the Italian Classics. Very disappointing when you have to revert to a grainy, choppy feed to watch one of the sports biggest races.

Same:(
Also in regards to sport for us Aussies it's sad as AFL and NRL are both over, while the cricket has been tarnished a bit by sandpapergate. I'll try watch the cricket but am also looking forward to the NBA, so hopefully that tides me over till the Nats.
I’ll be racing crits here in Brisbane and a couple in Melbourne as well over the summer. That will help.

SHAD0W93 said:
Koronin said:
SHAD0W93 said:

Yea it is just crazy. The NBC gold doesn't seem worth it at all. I usually just read the threads to see what happens than watch a highlight video on YouTube if I get lucky. At the beginning of each year there is a guy called Cycling Hub that posts the last KMs for the races but he usually gets banned by April.

I'm with you. I don't think it's worth it either. I do the same thing as you. Read the race thread to see if it's worth it to go hunt down the high lights or the stage it's self.

TRENDING THREADS