• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ilnur Zakarin Discussion thread

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
He's riding the Giro? Very good news. I hope his current form is very far off his peak, just slowly building up for the Giro, hitting top form in the 3rd week. I confess to not knowing him before today, but it's already clear he can bring the entertainment. Terrific climbing, and I'm told he's very good on a TT bike as well.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
He's riding the Giro? Very good news. I hope his current form is very far off his peak, just slowly building up for the Giro, hitting top form in the 3rd week. I confess to not knowing him before today, but it's already clear he can bring the entertainment. Terrific climbing, and I'm told he's very good on a TT bike as well.

Haven't you seen him in Pais Vasco? He finished third in a sprint, that's when it caught my eye. Then I discovered he can really climb. Then I found out that his specialty is TT. All the ingredients for greatness. If he's in it, Giro will be fun.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:

I saw him riding in sandshoes back in 2010 so I always knew he was going to make it big.

Not sure if he is actually riding the giro, but he is on the non confirmed list on PCS.

150/1 on SkyBet by the way.

Hope he wins Romandie just to rub it in to the Anglo's and specially to Cookson and the SKY Bots who are trying to destroy cycling in Russia and Kazakhstan.

Shouldn't ride the Giro. Should mainly concentrate on one week stage races for now.

And if any forum posters haven't heard of him until Pais Vasco, it's a big shame.

It means that they haven't followed Junior cycling in the past few years at all.

znsz6b.jpg

Too bad he didn't timed his attack better,would have won the stage.I hope he'll win the GC.It should be doable,Froome is not in top shape.Then the glory will awaits him in Giro,leader or not leader i have great expectations :D

Re:

SeriousSam said:

I can't see that his current form is very far off his peak, that would be too frightening. He certainly is a great all-round rider.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Velolover2 said:
DBotero said:
znsz6b.jpg

Too bad he didn't timed his attack better,would have won the stage.I hope he'll win the GC.It should be doable,Froome is not in top shape.Then the glory will awaits him in Giro,leader or not leader i have great expectations :D

The lost brother of Menchov?

denis_menchov_1_600.jpg
Well thea aren't similar at all :)

TRENDING THREADS