In-line cable adjusters good idea?

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
1,115
0
0
Are in line adjusters Jagwire really good idea on non downtube adjuster frame?
I mean no big need for rear mech but front.
Is that Jagwire in line adjuster compatible with Campy cables, and does Jagwire outer and inner cables works with Campy Ergo levers at all.

I am just waiting for S1 Cervelo frame which has no downtube adjuster and i would love to have those in line adjusters, if good. How those could be mounted, never used them before.

Thanks!

I adore compatibility issues;)
 
Aug 4, 2009
1,056
0
0
Personaly i dont think so . get your gears right before the ride get them perfect and then there is no need to mess around adjusting gears while riding you never get them right anyway.

Just hang the bike on the clothes line and run through the gears if they are out you can easy adjust.

Make sure the missus dosnt have he washing on the line or you may get oil on it that is dangerous. She may even attack the bike with an axe.
 
Mar 10, 2009
29
0
0
you need one at least for the front changer as you'll soon chew up the cable trying to get the right tension by just using the allen key....that the case with Shimano ...I'm not sure if Campag have that multiclick indexing on the front anymore.
 
oldborn said:
Are in line adjusters Jagwire really good idea on non downtube adjuster frame?
I mean no big need for rear mech but front.
Is that Jagwire in line adjuster compatible with Campy cables, and does Jagwire outer and inner cables works with Campy Ergo levers at all.

I am just waiting for S1 Cervelo frame which has no downtube adjuster and i would love to have those in line adjusters, if good. How those could be mounted, never used them before.

Thanks!

I adore compatibility issues;)
On a well adjusted FD, adjusters are completely unnecessary. If the cable is tight, and you try to adjust clearances with one of these, it also changes the start position of the FD which changes effects FD action.
 

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
1,115
0
0
brianf7 said:
Make sure the missus dosnt have he washing on the line or you may get oil on it that is dangerous. She may even attack the bike with an axe.
You do not have a clue how close are you;) Curtains are my favorite part for chain oil:D
 

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
1,115
0
0
Slumdog-Zomergem said:
you need one at least for the front changer as you'll soon chew up the cable trying to get the right tension by just using the allen key....that the case with Shimano ...I'm not sure if Campag have that multiclick indexing on the front anymore.
Thanks Dude! You mean Campy Quick Shift, i have those levers they are having 2-3 i think position to adjust FD, chain with chainrings.

Bustedknuckle said:
On a well adjusted FD, adjusters are completely unnecessary. If the cable is tight, and you try to adjust clearances with one of these, it also changes the start position of the FD which changes effects FD action.
So how would i ajdust cable tension on FD, i used to do that on ride on down tube adjuster and it works well, i guess.

Bustedknuckle, does Campy cables works with that Jagwire adjusters, and does Jagwire cables works with Campagnolo 2005 Chorus levers?

Maybe i would not put those adjusters at all, thanks Dude!
 
oldborn said:
Thanks Dude! You mean Campy Quick Shift, i have those levers they are having 2-3 i think position to adjust FD, chain with chainrings.



So how would i ajdust cable tension on FD, i used to do that on ride on down tube adjuster and it works well, i guess.

Bustedknuckle, does Campy cables works with that Jagwire adjusters, and does Jagwire cables works with Campagnolo 2005 Chorus levers?

Maybe i would not put those adjusters at all, thanks Dude!
After the housing has compressed and the cable stretched, why would you need to adjust FD cable tension?

Jagwire adjusters are fine and Jagwire makes a small head derailleur inner wire specifically for ERGO...works for shimano and spam also.
 

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
1,115
0
0
Bustedknuckle said:
After the housing has compressed and the cable stretched, why would you need to adjust FD cable tension?

Jagwire adjusters are fine and Jagwire makes a small head derailleur inner wire specifically for ERGO...works for shimano and spam also.
Many thanks!
Why bikes has down tube adjusters at all Dude?
Cheers
 
oldborn said:
Many thanks!
Why bikes has down tube adjusters at all Dude?
Cheers
Imagine being in a race and tweaking your rear mech. Putting a little slack in with the adjuster allows the racer to keep going. It's happened to me more than once off-road and in 'cross.
 

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
1,115
0
0
DirtyWorks said:
Imagine being in a race and tweaking your rear mech. Putting a little slack in with the adjuster allows the racer to keep going. It's happened to me more than once off-road and in 'cross.
I use down tube adjusters on my ex road bike frame with Chorus ergo levers for fine tuning of front mech first, i find that way to be efective when set proper alignment. For rear also, Campagnolo specify that way for proper set up.
Just today i mess my front Deore with chain, i also use adjuster to loose (on Deore levers) cable to get proper shifting from 42 to 32.
I do not have a bike stand so i use adjusters for fine tuning when riding also. It is easy to reach and fix tension.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS