• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Interpol After Armstrong

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
And the interesting thing is, after Lance stopped using EPO - nobody noticed.
His performance barely skipped a beat.

So much for the "EPO Transformed Lance" Myth lol.

Now I will admit I am assuming Lance told the truth to Floyd,
and that Floyd told the truth in the WSJ article.

But I put my trust in Novitsky/Interpol/WADA to get to the bottom of it.

Used to use JUST EPO

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
It is going to be a strange moment in time when the Italian,French,American fed,WADA, and Interpol all conclude that they have nothing on Lance.It doesn't mean he is or was not guilty of an offense of some kind ,it just means after millions of investigation dollars and euros and every country and federation testing his hair,urine,blood and bio profile that they didn't catch him. Landis will go to hell for this on earth or otherwise. Not every country has a say whatever you want way of doing things. In the looser pays places that some people will choose to defend themselves Landis will loose every thing he has and will ever earn on the planet. Enjoy your bike and cabin soon Lance and the others accused will burn it on a campfire. Not pro Lance just phukin anti Floyd

goodbye radioshack. this is turning out to be one strange tour ?

acid-guy-lsdexru.gif

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
This might have more to do with:

- non-American members of U.S. Postal than Armstrong,

- international distribution networks/blackmarket in medical products and the systematic movement of illegal doping products, and maybe blood, across borders (maybe bribing of customs agents, use of couriers/"mules", etc.)

Seems likely. They may direct several countries toward evidence interesting on the Civil level if the political interest is behind it. I'm thinking France for the next several weeks, then the US. That will be the slow burning issue.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Cozy Beehive said:

Classic!! This reads just like a womans magazine whereby the headline bears no resemblence to the actual story. Of course they will want a liaison because they have no jurisdiction in other countries hence they use interpol as is the case in all intercountry investigations. I particularly like how yours and the blog writers headline only points to Armstrong when in reality it is just the fact gathering phase of a much broader investigation. This blog could have been taken straight from a post on here in that it is totally biased and selective in the angle the writer wants to portray.

But carry on, feed the trolls, you certainly got immediate support from the usual suspects.:D

SpartacusRox said:
Classic!! This reads just like a womans magazine whereby the headline bears no resemblence to the actual story. Of course they will want a liaison because they have no jurisdiction in other countries hence they use interpol as is the case in all intercountry investigations. I particularly like how yours and the blog writers headline only points to Armstrong when in reality it is just the fact gathering phase of a much broader investigation. This blog could have been taken straight from a post on here in that it is totally biased and selective in the angle the writer wants to portray.

But carry on, feed the trolls, you certainly got immediate support from the usual suspects.:D

When they talk about a 'broadening investigation' I guess that can either mean more investigators or more investigaties (ok I know that is not a word). If it makes you feel better to believe that it means more people being investigated rather than more people investigating Armstrong well then you go girl.

Polish said:
And the interesting thing is, after Lance stopped using EPO - nobody noticed.
His performance barely skipped a beat.

So much for the "EPO Transformed Lance" Myth lol.

Now I will admit I am assuming Lance told the truth to Floyd,
and that Floyd told the truth in the WSJ article.

But I put my trust in Novitsky/Interpol/WADA to get to the bottom of it.

:D:D:D

You fool NOBODY. Really.

Your gymnastics are increasingly ridiculous.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
why wada ?

interpol’s involvement isn’t a surprise at all here rather wada’s role as s the go-between in the police investigation. .

to me it indicates wada is involved in targeting non-american us postal riders rather than staff.

i imagine agent novitzky doesnt need wada to reach out to his international colleagues

hardly anyone commented that wsj provided enough information to almost name several staff whose cooperation would corroborate floyd’s story nicely

(i) team doctors administering transfusions ‘
(ii) bus driver who parked on the mountain road
(iii) team staff stationed in hotel’s during transfusions

it’s hard to imagine that all enablers/assistants will prefer to go to jail rather than cooperate in exchange for leniency.

of the dozen or so staffers some will sing for sure.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
SpartacusRox said:
Apologist babble

It is comical to see the groupies struggle to dismiss every new development in Armstrong's case as unimportant. If he does eventually go to jail Coolhand will say it is a well deserved vacation.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
python said:
interpol’s involvement isn’t a surprise at all here rather wada’s role as s the go-between in the police investigation. .

to me it indicates wada is involved in targeting non-american us postal riders rather than staff.
Or it's the UCI that's the target.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
VeloCity said:
Or it's the UCI that's the target.

Nice to see someone looking further then this forum's favourite target. Simply going after Armstrong +/- team mates seems like such a lame (as in ineffective) thing to do.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
centri said:
Nice to see someone looking further then this forum's favourite target. Simply going after Armstrong +/- team mates seems like such a lame (as in ineffective) thing to do.

This is an excellent observation. Lance's wealth,bravado and larger than life lifestyle have made him the target of all kinds of hate. The fact that he smiles while dodging what some see as bullets everywhere,lots of onlookers can't wait for him to be injured by something..anything. As you can see by the forum it's a separate sport.

It would be foolish to ignore the litany of posts on this forum which discuss at length how people hope this investigation hits where it most needs to hit, the UCI. Time after time, posters on this site have recognized and discussed that the main problem is the system and the corrupt organization which feeds off it.

The Armstrong venom is a separate thing, living and growing independent of the Lowitsky/Interpol investigation.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
centri said:

Not really. Going after and prosecuting the biggest most untouchable fish sets a president that would be noted by every rider, team, director, etc. in cycling. "If they can nab Armstrong, they can easily nail me".

Besides, LA's machine single handidly enforces Omerta throughout the entire peloton - if you knock him off there is big drop to the next most powerful person. How many riders today could chase down and intimidate an Italian Nationa Champion on camera in a major race he testifies (that is tells the truth about) against his coach?

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
centri said:
There's nothing "lame" about it at all. The fact that there's apparently enough substantive evidence to convince not only the FDA to get involved but now WADA and Interpol as well suggests to me that those involved - not just Armstrong but yes, including him - could be in a whole sh**load of trouble.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
It would be foolish to ignore the litany of posts on this forum which discuss at length how people hope this investigation hits where it most needs to hit, the UCI. Time after time, posters on this site have recognized and discussed that the main problem is the system and the corrupt organization which feeds off it.

The Armstrong venom is a separate thing, living and growing independent of the Lowitsky/Interpol investigation.

I agree with you and Velocity that the UCI need to and likely could be a target. That also could be a link to the IOC and a political jackpot for prosecutors. I know that's extrapolation on a flimsy basis but it's got to be making dirty players in other sports nervous as well. The drug network definitely doesn't have a separate franchise just for cycling.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
python said:

i imagine agent novitzky doesnt need wada to reach out to his international colleagues

hardly anyone commented that wsj provided enough information to almost name several staff whose cooperation would corroborate floyd’s story nicely

it’s hard to imagine that all enablers/assistants will prefer to go to jail rather than cooperate in exchange for leniency.

I agree. It's already difficult to imagine that someone hasn't come clean--there has to be some magazine that would pay for the story.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
Seems likely. They may direct several countries toward evidence interesting on the Civil level if the political interest is behind it. I'm thinking France for the next several weeks, then the US. That will be the slow burning issue.

It still seems that this may come down to testimony and nothing else. I guess if enough people say that they were involved, that would be enough for most. I would really like some hard evidence myself.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ManInFull said:
It still seems that this may come down to testimony and nothing else. I guess if enough people say that they were involved, that would be enough for most. I would really like some hard evidence myself.

They may have some current information from a seemingly unassociated bust, perhaps a distributor level guy or doctor. Tying the UCI to drugs would seem to involve cash for test results and that seems like a stretch. We don't know how sloppy they could have been.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Floyd's Claims

I've read both of the WSJ articles. What isn't clear to me is whether the authors asked Landis how he got caught in the 2006 TdF. Has he said anything on that? Since he is coming clean on everything, it would be nice to know exactly what he was taking during that time.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
python said:

It's not that easy to identify these people. The mob and Drug Cartels kill people in broad daylight in front of 50 witnesses and the police still have a hard time getting people to come forward. With the list above you have fewer witnesses and all of them are employed in cycling and have lots to lose - but the first part is how to identify these witnesses in the first place - If I was the guy who taped up the hotel room or stood guard I would just say I was't there. Even though we know everyhting he said about this is likely true Floyd's word is not going to get anyone a perjury conviction. Still need other people to step up.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
I agree with you and Velocity that the UCI need to and likely could be a target. That also could be a link to the IOC and a political jackpot for prosecutors. I know that's extrapolation on a flimsy basis but it's got to be making dirty players in other sports nervous as well. The drug network definitely doesn't have a separate franchise just for cycling.

As much as I would like to see the UCI get clean up it sounds like a challenge with the limited number of witnesses. With Armstrong you have 10 people on a bus, Doctors, support staff, it is a big pool of witnesses. With Verburgen you just have other conspirators.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
I don't believe that the UCI is being targeted individually, but rather for their possible role in the USPS/Landis allegations. The mandate of the Fed investigation seems to be whether or not US federal funds were used illegally; that might include possible bribes/payoffs to the UCI.

But an investigation into the UCI itself would be something entirely different. And the only reason I suggested that the UCI might be the target in the first place is because I thought it a bit odd that it was WADA acting as the "interface" between the FDA and Interpol, ie not the UCI.

But make no mistake, I wasn't implying that it was separate from the USPS/Bruyneel/Armstrong and the other USPS riders issue.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
of course there could be a will to get the missing tax due on all these transactions and possible fines to the pharmaceutical companies, since the economy needs a lift...:rolleyes:

can't really see any political will to turn sports inside out with massive allegations of doping, bribery and corruption....

as an aside the FIFA world cup was held in sth africa for only 1 reason in my opinion, the huge corruption that FIFA can perpetuate with impunity, they got the south government to give them legislative powers over the tournament...:eek:

if the Swiss government took a hard line with these sporting federations something might be done, but where do these federations bank:rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS