• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Chris Horner a GC contender

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Can Chris Horner be a GT contender?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Historically no. The next 5 years; no. As the team is designed today, no.

However if Lance is not on form then maybe he is this year.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
To me he is a GT contender if he improves his itt which has become one of his weaknesses in the last few years. Horner is physically an abnormal talent and he has always been that. when he dominated the us scene and made a 2nd career in europe I think he saw what potential he still had. last years giro he rode excellently in the high mountains until he fell out. it was also an eye opener to him I'm sure.

his other problem is that he crashes alot and has many injury's which has kept him of 3 week races most of the time.

He's riding at his best right now of ITT. Again, I don't think his TT at Basque was out of character but he wasn't up against the really serious guys.
I don't think there is anyway he can improve with or without enhancements. As for his crashing he has always taken risks for a reward. He's not a hefty guy and doesn't take a hit very well, that's all. Some of us know how that feels-owwww.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the itt in pais vasco was a mountainous itt. with an average of 40 km/h and climbs and downhil it's much different from a long flat itt like in the tour.