• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Lance riding clean(er)?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
bottom line: LA's ability to do what he most to in order to be competitive was simply being denied- no matter how many crashes he had-no matter how many domestiques he has at his disposal--- he was unable to do it- so he's done
and today's race? he rode doped-not just at the level he wished to do so...

Lady Luck

BANNED
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Lance did not go down on the first crash of the day. He went off the road on the grass, then returned to the road.

No, he hit the deck hard on the first crash. You must be talking about a fourth incident.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
A sad person he is. Truly. I never got into the back-and-forth battles with the guy, but the more he posts, the sadder he comes across.

Yeah, I just don't understand why someone would come back time after time like that where he is not welcomed.

oh well time to update the ignore list

Lady Luck

BANNED
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
BPC: Being Pretty Clueless

Cadel hit the ground. Not the Uniballer.

Watch the race next time, Dingleberry.

Well I've dug out the footage. There is no footage of him on the deck - but the Eurosport commentator David Harmon says a few minutes later that "Armstrong went down". If I'm wrong then it's David Harmon's fault.

Moving along to firmer ground, what we do know is the peloton did not slow down after the crash happened. They were still going crazy at the front. That's the third occasion where Armstrong has crashed and the peloton did not wait.

Interesting that he hasn't used that as an excuse.

Lady Luck said:
Well I've dug out the footage. There is no footage of him on the deck - but the Eurosport commentator David Harmon says a few minutes later that "Armstrong went down". If I'm wrong then it's David Harmon's fault.

Moving along to firmer ground, what we do know is the peloton did not slow down after the crash happened. They were still going crazy at the front. That's the third occasion where Armstrong has crashed and the peloton did not wait.

Interesting that he hasn't used that as an excuse.

You are still a clueless troll. CN has an entire discussion of how riders lined up to see the medical vehicle, but Lance never did crash. Versus showed the footage. He went on the grass, then returned to the pavement. You are the absolute worst of all the fanboys. You are a constant source of lies.

The peloton waited after Lance's first real crash. Once he got back on, he got dropped. The last crash was his own fault for sitting on Euskaltel wheels instead of dragging his a$$ up to bring Levi a fresh bottle.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
He didn't even put a foot down in the first "crash" he rode onto the grass where sycophant Phil Liggett and Paul noted that all of Lance's Cyclo cross and Mt biking served him well and saved him from hitting the deck and losing time...

When he hit the deck for real on the roundabout it was because, by his own admission, he bottomed out a pedal. The third incident he also dod not go down but was forced to stop and go around a crash thathapenned right in fron to him.

Lady Luck

BANNED
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
You are still a clueless troll. CN has an entire discussion of how riders lined up to see the medical vehicle, but Lance never did crash. Versus showed the footage. He went on the grass, then returned to the pavement. You are the absolute worst of all the fanboys. You are a constant source of lies.

I don't think David Harmon would lie about it. He was commentating on a live race and probably got confused about who was caught up by the crash and who actully went down. But he's not a liar.

The peloton waited after Lance's first real crash. Once he got back on, he got dropped. The last crash was his own fault for sitting on Euskaltel wheels instead of dragging his a$$ up to bring Levi a fresh bottle.

There was no sign of them waiting at the bottom of the climb - I saw no change in pace and Armstrong's cadence went up to like 150. Contador did not wait when Armstrong punctured on the cobbles either.

I'm NOT saying he should have waited. For one thing convention on the cobbles is not to wait - that's something you only do in grand tours, not classics races....

You might have thought he would mention this, but I suppose he does not want to whine. I think if the situation were reversed there would be more talk about how old psychopath Lance had to win by any means. You must have seen how people will use anything they can against him.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:

please don't quote him.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
He's also showing the signs of someone that didn't prepare for 3 weeks of racing. The question is, did he ever intend to seriously contest this event or was it part of a major endorsement cash-in? I think he'll continue with something made of his lingering injuries and attempt a showy, unselfish turn as Levi's domestique; probably for several more days. He didn't have it today but, moreover; didn't look like he cared.

I think he has to continue. He's spent too much time dedicating rides to cancer victims/survivors and urging them not to quit to back out now. Besides, this was never about personal triumph but to raise awareness, right?

Lady Luck said:
I don't think David Harmon would lie about it. He was commentating on a live race and probably got confused about who was caught up by the crash and who actully went down. But he's not a liar.

There was no sign of them waiting at the bottom of the climb - I saw no change in pace and Armstrong's cadence went up to like 150. Contador did not wait when Armstrong punctured on the cobbles either.

I'm NOT saying he should have waited. For one thing convention on the cobbles is not to wait - that's something you only do in grand tours, not classics races....

You might have thought he would mention this, but I suppose he does not want to whine. I think if the situation were reversed there would be more talk about how old psychopath Lance had to win by any means. You must have seen how people will use anything they can against him.

I watched & heard Eurosport broadcasting & what you're claiming is false.
Harmon actually hesitated many times to call in what was evident on the screen when armstrong was literally giving up- but even more- Harmon himself picked up on the "evident discomfort" body expressions of LA prior to the Col de Ramaz..... you can always get the video, which confirms what i'm writing....

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
that is as funny a tweet as i have ever seen.. not only delusional but historically wrong as well.. wow..

I think the guy is quoting John Belushi's character "Bluto" Blutarsky from the film "Animal House".

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:

The last crash wasn't a crash either (for him). He unclipped and came to a standstill.