• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is the worlds course really that hard?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How will the men's road race be decided?

• Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Francois the Postman said:
I would love to see Freire bookend his 2010 season with another win. For a multitude of reasons, but mostly because a 4th world title, covering more than a decade in total, would be just awesome.

Then again, since most folk seem to be unaware that he has already bagged 3 world titles and are totally giddy about someone getting his first, or possibly 2nd, they would probably wouldn't notice mr Invisible picked another awesome lead-out wheel, crossed the line first to add another top prize to an impressive palmares, and hand it to Goss instead.

The circuit seems to give him at least a chance, and with Oscar there is no way we can figure out what his Vuelta form actually signals for his form here.
eww, i would really hate to see friere in rainbow again.
Ferminal said:
Australia's strategy should be:

Work hard to drop Cav/Farrar/Greipel, the only ones who might beat Goss in a sprint.

In the case that Goss can't survive, work even harder to set it up for Evans.

If Evans can't get away, hope Davis is hanging on to sprint for a medal.

I see we agree!

Davis is still a question mark, I know he was good at the Vuelta but this is a full day of racing, he's made the finish in MSR but who knows whether he's at career best form or not, it's the right time to peak (after looking so out of shape at the start of the season).

I think the spanish and the aussies tatically are in the best position as they have options to get away and for a sprint or even both.

Australia don't have to work as that will be up to the belgians and italians to set the hard tempo though in a way I hope the italians stuff up as i dislike bettini and some of his attitudes. i also call into question his selections.

Davis will surprise a few people imo.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I think both the climbs are steep enough to be selective but they just need to be maybe 250-500m longer so as people could make real gaps on them before the descents where i fear to many riders will be able to catch up.