• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is this a paywall website now?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
CN's sister publication, Procycling magazine, closes:
Future Publishing has opted to discontinue ProCycling Magazine and will transfer existing subscriptions to Mountain Bike Rider magazine.

An email sent to subscribers wrote “This was not an easy decision for us to make and we want you to know we did everything possible to continue to publish Procycling; however, it was not viable for us to do so.”

First of the month - where are my 5 free articles? Or is it based upon US or GMT time zone since in Australia I am typing at 6:00am local time and we are one of the first to bring in the new year?
It doesn't seem to be based on a calendar month because I haven't read any articles yet this month, but its still telling me that I've read five. Of course I've clicked on two articles just to check so...

Reactions: Cookster15
Jan 5, 2022
Visit site
This site was the very first website I ever followed and valued from the start of my internet experience. Back then in the mid/late 90''s it was Bill's Cycling New and Service. Not having to wait for magazines to show up to see what had happened in races was incredible! He covered everything- not just major races, but minor ones, more U23 and junior coverage, better news and rumors, etc. It was such a great experience. Sadly it has steadily gotten much worse over the years. The current form was almost useless, minimal coverage of only the biggest races, tiny bits of news and insight. Garbage reviews of bikes and gear. With the multitude of ways to experience the sport now whats the point of this site? And now the gall to ask us to pay for this garbage? ! This really is a sad end for me. It's the one bookmark I thought would never disappear.

Reactions: jmdirt and PeterB
This site was the very first website I ever followed and valued from the start of my internet experience. Back then in the mid/late 90''s it was Bill's Cycling New and Service. Not having to wait for magazines to show up to see what had happened in races was incredible! He covered everything- not just major races, but minor ones, more U23 and junior coverage, better news and rumors, etc. It was such a great experience. Sadly it has steadily gotten much worse over the years. The current form was almost useless, minimal coverage of only the biggest races, tiny bits of news and insight. Garbage reviews of bikes and gear. With the multitude of ways to experience the sport now whats the point of this site? And now the gall to ask us to pay for this garbage? ! This really is a sad end for me. It's the one bookmark I thought would never disappear.
I wouldn't call it garbage and I still haven't decided how much its worth to me. I like the blow by blow of races that I can't get video/TV coverage of.

EDIT: I don't even see a subscribe button...wouldn't they want that t be a big obvious feature?

Last edited:
dNAc2LT.png

Note however that it seems like there's still free access to all articles as long as one opens them in a Private/Incognito window.

TRENDING THREADS