• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is this place an Armstrong fan forum?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Izoard said:
I think I'll need to register on RBR just to PO this fun loving soul (Coolhand, that is), and then get banned! ;)

What's RBR? Folks are so civil here it makes feel warm just talking about it. I need to find out about the other side.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
icebreaker said:
Agreed.

One more thing on Coolhand - he is no longer just a moderator. He is now a full fledged Admin.

Since he lost his job at the local Performance bike shop he must need the money. I hear Admin work is very lucrative. :D

Coolhand's various issues have done a great job of driving people from the site, hence the lack of growth. Their traffic has been flat for two years. Not something you want to see on a website

graph

Race Radio said:
Coolhand's various issues have done a great job of driving people from the site, hence the lack of growth. Their traffic has been flat for two years. Not something you want to see on a website

graph

That would be more interesting if it went back several years. I swear the number of posts in the pro cycling forum has dropped off. Armstrong's unretirement undoubtedly distorts stats for 2009.

I also got banned there for no reason last week. And now after reading this, I realize it must have been because I said something against LA in one of the threads there. :D Ah well, it's good for lurking, but the site is pretty much already dead.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Serbski said:
Man, Swiftsolo took the cake. Coolhand was like some banana republic generalissimo but Swiftsolo (Listen, Mate...) with his third grade spelling and grammar errors ruled. Although his Classic Posts are too numerous to mention individually he really shined with his post (can't recall the topic) about teenage girls "at the mall dressed like ****ty death rock *****s" or something to that effect - although he spelled it "hoares" or "whoars". It was like the ranting of some serial killer in a stained and weathered yellow legal notepad that CSI types would find in his dingy studio apartment. I took him to task a few times but always got his "only losers attack winners" and his diatribe against "The Media". Honestly, *that* guy was off the rails. This place looks to be inhabited by the vaguely rational! Nice to see some RBR exiles...

A few of the RBR exiles here thought SS was CC, Chris Carmichael.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
The Executioner said:
Thanks bianchigirl! It's good to seem some recognizable names in here. It would be really nice to see some of the usual hombres in here like lookrider, FondriestFan, Dwayne, all of them really. We got to get them off that forum. All of them. That place has gone to hell recently. I could care less about them and wish them nothing but the absolute worst. Loser users. lose advertisers.

Hola! Estoy aqui!

BTW, where is Real Gains? I really enjoyed his stuff...

About two months ago, when the Trek / Lemond settlement came out, Coolhand posted this:

Lemond has to eat the considerable legal fees, gets no money and has the bad PR from his questionable at best EP dealings exposed. Also he said he was doing this for one reason and that turns out not to be true in the eyes of some- possibly losing more supporters.

Trek loses a brand, spends legal fees and then gives money to a charity (but which it then deducts from its taxes) and has its dispute in the open, losing the few remaining die hard Lemond customers.

Conclusion- neither party really wins. Lemond's attorneys probably concluded he could not win or that Trek would win. Trek probably concluded that the cost of trial would exceed the probability of recovering anything from Lemond (who could just file Chapter 11 if he lost), not to mention negative PR to boot.

Winner: the charities. And the lawyers on both sides."

It is clearly lies. I asked him where he got this information, or if he had made it up? I got banned for trolling.

Digger said:
It is clearly lies. I asked him where he got this information, or if he had made it up? I got banned for trolling.

I got banned when Coolhand accused me of being a sockpuppet for Real Gains. Of course he did not actually attempt to communicate with me to find out if I was Real Gains. He banned me, and in a PM to another member who asked about my ban accused me of being Real Gains.

We really need to get Dwayne Berry and Blackhat to abandon RBR for CN.