Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 234 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
Reading that, there s nothing in there that suggests he s changing his course, tbh.
Basically what benotti Franklin and thehog say.

Franklin bang on. This JTL story was going to.come out with or without him. And his reporting on the case was soft, apologizing for sky.
How hes now taking credit for that everychabce he gets pretending he was being tough on them is despicable
 
Re: Re:

keeponrollin said:
Benotti69 said:
keeponrollin said:
Benotti69 said:
MmeDesgrange said:
Personally I'd also add Zorzoli - the man at the end of the Sky TUE hotline
Yep good call.
You need someone with an axe to grind, & who isn't wrapped up in an NDA that could lose them everything.

My personal nomination, is a little from left field .... Pat McQuaid !

He knows where the bodies are buried, & he's certainly got a grievance with BC, Sky & Cookson, so he'd love to stick it to all of them.

Pat McQuaid, savior of clean cycling .... where's that barf smilie ?
McQuaid would possibly hang sky out to dry, but that would mean spitting in the soup and i figure the guy still has irons in sports fires and would not risk damaging them. If not he probably has ideas about running for Pres again.
Your not being Machiavellian enough Benotti. McQuaid got kicked out of his nice cushy job, by a British Cycling stalwart, after he had supported Sky in all their BS, & gotten those TUEs signed off without questions.

If he does a good job sticking in the knife, he might be able to flush Cookson, Sky & the BC mafia all down the drain; & enable his own comeback to the top job in the UCI, selling himself to the plebs as the Clean reformer, who had to come out of retirement to save cycling, after those terrible Sky people tried to drag it back to the bad old days of USPS.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world, would know exactly what they were getting with Pat .... a return to the 'Good Olde Days' :mad:
McQuaid has been very pleasant to Cookson since Cookson took over (and took control of the UCI records). In a Good Old Boy setup the insiders never get hurt too bad.
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,320
0
0
Re:

ontheroad said:
http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/walsh-ive-contacts-in-sky-now-brailsford-will-regret-inviting-me-in/
So Walsh is admitting there he isnt a journalist after all.

We know this for at least 3,5 years now.

Hell, I dont feel duped at all.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
The Hitch said:
If Walsh wants to come back from the dark side, well he can go f himself.

Shakespeare said it best:
"I know thee not, old man: fall to thy prayers;
How ill white hairs become a fool and jester!"
The pro-cycling community will not welcome his return, neither will the fans.

That wont bother Walsh.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
Re:

hrotha said:
Redemption is possible, even for Walsh. But it takes a lot more than some timid musings about how it'd be nice to maybe leave the ship, without leading the way even for other rats.
Great analogy as Walsh is due to board some cruise liners and give talks :lol:
 
Re: Re:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
ontheroad said:
http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/walsh-ive-contacts-in-sky-now-brailsford-will-regret-inviting-me-in/
So Walsh is admitting there he isnt a journalist after all.

We know this for at least 3,5 years now. Hell, I dont feel duped at all.
If you thought the Brad and Angelia split was big the David and Dave split will be bigger! :lol:
 
He has had the inside track on Sky for a few years now and has helped sell the story to the uninformed public who took an interest in cycling once a year. I think he was used as a shield by Sky and team management and he was happy to play chief cheerleader and drink from the trough. However the last few weeks have been a damning indictment of Walsh's inability to see the woods from the trees. First the TUE's which he knew nothing about, then the Tramadol, now Matt Lawton has broke a story about a package delivered to Wiggins. For a man with supposedly the inside track and plenty of contacts within the team, he has failed dismally in his work. It must be a source of embarrassment for him to see outside journalists breaking stories about Sky while the supposed watchdog continues to be the dog wagged by the tail of sky.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
Re:

ontheroad said:
He has had the inside track on Sky for a few years now and has helped sell the story to the uninformed public who took an interest in cycling once a year. I think he was used as a shield by Sky and team management and he was happy to play chief cheerleader and drink from the trough. However the last few weeks have been a damning indictment of Walsh's inability to see the woods from the trees. First the TUE's which he knew nothing about, then the Tramadol, now Matt Lawton has broke a story about a package delivered to Wiggins. For a man with supposedly the inside track and plenty of contacts within the team, he has failed dismally in his work. It must be a source of embarrassment for him to see outside journalists breaking stories about Sky while the supposed watchdog continues to be the dog wagged by the tail of sky.
This, either Walsh is getting extra $$$s and is ok with it or he is not and is fuming that he is being made a laughing stock in his profession, by the dailymail no less.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
I notice Walsh has stopped tweeting about Sky since Sept26. A long time ago in this story.

He cannot be happy.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
He jumped the Sky ship alright. He knows it's sinking and he won't be eager to go down with them.
But his credibility is inextricably tied to that of Froome and so he's massively compromised.

I think he's framing his bank account statements and putting them on the wall, as a steady reminder of what he did it all for.
 
I can't believe that his position within Sky is tenable given his criticism of them in recent weeks. There exists a vacuum at the minute. Brailsford has clearly pissed Walsh off after the TUE revelation and the drip drip of stories since have only added to the feeling of betrayal by Walsh. I can't imagine Brailsford wants Walsh hanging about the team any longer but he also knows that if he tells him where to go then it is more bad PR (which is Sky's primary area of concern and which they have lost control over). If we learned anything from the Lance story, Walsh is like a dog with a bone when he gets his teeth into something so he could still play a vital part in this long running sky saga even if that doesn't sit easy with some.
 
So I assume Walsh is upset because Sky didn't reveal Wiggins' TUE's to him, something they would have needed Wiggins' permission to do. He's acting as if the team should have behaved unethically by leaking the TUE's to him. The likes of Walsh are going around in circles and making themselves look stupid in the process.
 
Mar 11, 2009
1,005
0
0
JRanton said:
So I assume Walsh is upset because Sky didn't reveal Wiggins' TUE's to him, something they would have needed Wiggins' permission to do. He's acting as if the team should have behaved unethically by leaking the TUE's to him. The likes of Walsh are going around in circles and making themselves look stupid in the process.
What's the point of having someone embedded within the team to vouch for their integrity if they can't/won't confide in him or her.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY