• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 236 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The timing of Wiggins' ones.

Did Froome get anything for his GTs?

If he was up to no good with the Romandie one, why not the GTs.

Froome has proved to be telling the truth about his TUEs.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

gooner said:

Froome and his TUEs? Well find out soon enough.

He certainly wasn't dropping Wiggins on bread and water up those cols in July or the previous Vuelta!!

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
gooner said:

Froome and his TUEs? Well find out soon enough.

He certainly wasn't dropping Wiggins on bread and water up those cols in July or the previous Vuelta!!

The Fancy Bears hack proved it. Walsh referred to his previous TUE at the time of the Romandie one. This lines up.

Re:

gooner said:

both walsh and froome have some cheek if they are saying it's wrong of wiggins whilst froome himself abused the system by fast tracking a cortisone tue when he clearly didn't need it...that's the point...the races are immaterial,,,froome won romandie on cortisone. He has no right to question the ethics of Wiggins...and for walsh to say froome isn't happy is laughable as well. It's ok for froome to take cortisone but not wiggins...ok then

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

Digger said:
gooner said:

both walsh and froome have some cheek if they are saying it's wrong of wiggins whilst froome himself abused the system by fast tracking a cortisone tue when he clearly didn't need it...that's the point...the races are immaterial,,,froome won romandie on cortisone. He has no right to question the ethics of Wiggins...and for walsh to say froome isn't happy is laughable as well. It's ok for froome to take cortisone but not wiggins...ok then

How do you know that? How do you know about it in the Dauphine in 2013? Prednisolone is widely prescribed.

Walsh said he should have been pulled out and criticised the team for not doing so.

Two TUE's is not abuse and I find nothing too wrong with the time in comparison to Wiggins. He was honest to admit on his own accord the 2013 TUE.

I still like to know if he's abusing TUEs, why wasn't he doing it in and around GTs.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

gooner said:
Digger said:
gooner said:

How do you know that? How do you know about it in the Dauphine in 2013? Prednisolone is widely prescribed.

Walsh said he should have been pulled out and criticised the team for not doing so.

Two TUE's is not abuse and I find nothing too wrong with the time in comparison to Wiggins. He was honest to admit on his own accord the 2013 TUE.

I still like to know if he's abusing TUEs, why wasn't he doing it in and around GTs.

Froome's TUE was not abuse????

He won the race easily after claiming to be seriously ill.

FFS!!!

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
gooner said:
Digger said:
gooner said:

FFS!!!

He won plenty others easy without them.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I pose a question and this was something brought up in Kimmage's interview with Froome.

What would you do if you were two weeks into a Tour and within a chance of winning it or even finishing it for the first time and you needed a TUE? Or on the eve of an Olympics after years of preparation for an event and it was necessary to apply for one?

I don't think the people here moralising on it, would refuse in such circumstances.

Be it with long term or life long heath issues, TUEs are needed for health reasons than seeing athletes pushing themselves in the absence of their availability which could do even more harm. That's why I don't agree with Ross Tucker simply saying TUEs should be banned.

gooner said:
I pose a question and this was something brought up in Kimmage's interview with Froome.

What would you do if you were two weeks into a Tour and within a chance of winning it or even finishing it for the first time and you needed a TUE? Or on the eve of an Olympics after years of preparation for an event and it was necessary to apply for one?

I don't think the people here moralising on it, would refuse in such circumstances.

Be it with long term or life long heath issues, TUEs are needed for health reasons than seeing athletes pushing themselves in the absence of their availability which could do even more harm. That's why I don't agree with Ross Tucker simply saying TUEs should be banned.
If you are a bad descender and it starts raining in the final stage, what do you do? Cope with it or quit. There is no point in taking banned substances and compete. It's a bad habit that has to go. Let em use their inhalers but no IVs damnit.

Benotti69 said:
veganrob said:
Benotti69 said:
ruamruam said:
Benotti69 said:
Walsh on Aussie TV

""Wiggins now has an asterix for TdF win"

" Sky has been anything but transparent"

"ethics still matter in sport"

"believes Froome is clean"

:D

Walsh really is a joke

He might need to get checked for Dementia.

He still needs to cling to Froome as the last lifeline to his own credibility. Which really left town long ago.

Maybe Walsh thinks Froome wont be busted. But then he probably thought Sky were not going to get caught.

Maybe he'll do to Froome what he is now doing to Wiggins. He'll probably hoping there is another book out of Froome before that happens :lol:

Sky haven't been caught, Benotti. Only in the minds of the deranged and deluded have Sky been 'caught'.

gooner said:
Benotti69 said:
gooner said:
Digger said:
gooner said:

FFS!!!

He won plenty others easy without them.

Well in fairness to Wiggins, so did he. Paris-Nice, Romandie, Dauphine in 2012. He was 3rd in the 2011 Vuelta without one too.

thehog said:
gooner said:
Walsh calling for Brailsford to resign in the ST tomorrow.

I'll resign from this forum if Walsh quits? He is weaksauce, what a stupid statement to make, he knows Brailsford is going nowhere, there has been nothing in his recent articles that is new. He rehashes stories from the Daily Mail then adds some Walsh stupidity and is done. Walsh is 2005, time to send back to the cruise ship

Couldn't agree more. I've always thought his journalism is massively overrated too. His articles don't read well.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

JRanton said:
Well in fairness to Wiggins, so did he. Paris-Nice, Romandie, Dauphine in 2012. He was 3rd in the 2011 Vuelta without one too.

True.

The nature of the substance and the timing is what has got people talking.

Froome took prednisolone which is widely prescribed but that was spun around here as some exceptional "horse steroids" when it's the obvious go to prescription for inflammations, allergic reactions, etc.

gooner said:
JRanton said:

True.

Froome took prednisolone which is widely prescribed but that was spun around here as some exceptional "horse steroids" when it's the obvious go to prescription for inflammations, allergic reactions, etc.

Hog and his horse steroids. Who could forget.

I forgot to add that Wiggins was 4th (later upgraded to 3rd) in the 2009 Tour too. The idea that these TUE's for triamcinolone turned Wiggins into a GC contender is obviously false.

The timing of the TUE's does fit in with the allergy season. Not taking one for the Vuelta also fits in with that but you hardly see anyone mention that, do you? Now why is that I wonder.

JRanton said:
gooner said:
JRanton said:

True.

I forgot to add that Wiggins was 4th (later upgraded to 3rd) in the 2009 Tour too. The idea that these TUE's for triamcinolone turned Wiggins into a GC contender is obviously false.

Sure - let's say I agree on that point (I don't - he was likely doping before then...). But they did turn him into a GT winner. That's kinda the point.

heart_attack_man said:
JRanton said:
gooner said:
JRanton said:

True.

Sure - let's say I agree on that point (I don't - he was likely doping before then...). But they did turn him into a GT winner. That's kinda the point.

Look at his pre-Tour form in 2012. He was incredibly strong, winning Paris-Nice, Romandie and the Dauphine all without the use of this triamcinolone TUE. You really think this injection was the difference between him winning the 2012 Tour and not winning it?

JRanton said:
heart_attack_man said:
JRanton said:
gooner said:
JRanton said:

True.

Look at his pre-Tour form in 2012. He was incredibly strong, winning Paris-Nice, Romandie and the Dauphine all without the use of this triamcinolone TUE. You really think this injection was the difference between him winning the 2012 Tour and not winning it?

1 week stage races vs 3 week stage race, yes, I do.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

JRanton said:
gooner said:
JRanton said:

True.

Hog and his horse steroids. Who could forget.

The timing of the TUE's does fit in with the allergy season. Not taking one for the Vuelta also fits in with that but you hardly see anyone mention that, do you? Now why is that I wonder.

What turned Wiggins into a GT contender? Not bread and water! Not losing some weight!

Triamcinolone is part of the cocktail.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

JRanton said:
heart_attack_man said:
JRanton said:
gooner said:
JRanton said:

True.

The difference in 2012 was Froome was kept on a lead. Wiggins owes Froome big time, BIG TIME!

No the TUE was part of a cocktail. This has been thoroughly gone over with former riders. Costisone is part of the cocktail.

JRanton said:
heart_attack_man said:
JRanton said:
gooner said:
JRanton said:

True.

If you've already installed a v8 engine and the others are racing with a 4 cylinder, why not bolt a turbo on to be certain?

JRanton reminds me of all the Lance Armstrong fans who could not believe all the mounting evidence.

A guy I know had a favourite racehorse trained by a trainer many suspected of doping his horses. This guy got all upset when I said his favourite horse was most likely doped. Well this trainer retired a few years later and he was quoted in the news papers stating that he doped his horses including this one in question.

When I confronted my mate about the trainer admitting to doping the horse he actually still stood his ground and said the trainer is lying and that there is no way he doped it. I couldn't believe it but that's how far some fans will go.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. At a barbecue recently a guy still didn't believe Lance doped. Said he was way too nice to dope. I was at my fourth beer already so I could laugh loud about it. Under different circumstances I would probably have cried.

Re:

sniper said:
Yeah. At a barbecue recently a guy still didn't believe Lance doped. Said he was way too nice to dope. I was at my fourth beer already so I could laugh loud about it. Under different circumstances I would probably have cried.

as long as the guy didnt try to CONVINCE me that Lance didnt dope, I´d have drunk a beer with him. not laughing nor crying, nor trying to tell him he´s wrong and I´m right

TRENDING THREADS