• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Andreu

Someone needs to ask Frankie Andreu when he went on the Sky Payroll. Wonder what Kimmage thinks of this photo.

BSd9Bk_CEAAAoGv.jpg

del1962 said:
He hasn't squandered it, he is very well respected now, he is only not respected in the minds of a morally bankrupt minority.

May I remind you that Paul Kimmage believed in Bernhard Kohl.

In the context of cycling, questioning everything isn't moral bankruptcy. It's cynicism. Cynics aren't morally bankrupt. They just suspect moral bankruptcy surrounds them whether it does or not.

Libertine Seguros said:
May I remind you that Paul Kimmage believed in Bernhard Kohl.

In the context of cycling, questioning everything isn't moral bankruptcy. It's cynicism. Cynics aren't morally bankrupt. They just suspect moral bankruptcy surrounds them whether it does or not.

I don't think you understand that you don't have to agree with all Walsh's opinions to respect him, some think that if he does not follow their prejudices to the letter then they lose respoect for him, I call such an attitude morally bankrupt, now remind me what have Kohl and Kimmage got do do with it?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
David's latest tweet

i think this was gonna leak anyhow, but walsh seems in a hurry to pretend he leaked it.

i don't buy it.

and anyway, brailsford is not gonna have much problems talking his way out of this, now is he.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
i think this was gonna leak anyhow, but walsh seems in a hurry to pretend he leaked it.

i don't buy it.

and anyway, brailsford is not gonna have much problems talking his way out of this, now is he.

Ah, Walsh is the first to break it.

And you obviously haven't read the article.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
It is called getting out in front of the story. If it is going to break then you want your spin on it first.
No, that would be Sky - not Walsh.
I doubt Sky will be too happy having a "Sky cyclist under suspicion" headline in the ST.

Why would you think the story was going to break? JTL not riding the WC was met with universal apathy.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
The same way every other BP story broke, maybe?

Sure, but at the moment this is not a BP case.
He has to explain his values - and even if his explanation is not accepted there is still a chance that they do not have enough data to open a case.

Dr. Maserati said:
No, that would be Sky - not Walsh.
I doubt Sky will be too happy having a "Sky cyclist under suspicion" headline in the ST.

No, it would be Walsh, who seems pleased as punch that he has a story to answer those who have been calling him Sky's b!tch. If someone else releases it first then he looks like a fool for putting himself so deep in Sky's corner.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
No, it would be Walsh, who seems pleased as punch that he has a story to answer those who have been calling him Sky's b!tch. If someone else releases it first then he looks like a fool for putting himself so deep in Sky's corner.

So, Walsh writes a piece that damages Sky and portrays them in a poor light, to get ahead of a story that may never have materialised?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Most took months to get out.....and this is not a BP case. Levi had a similar issue and it took years to get out. This took a few days

by all means let's not be naive here.
walsh hasn't called out sky not even on obvious stupidities such as only publishing froome data from the vuelta onwards.
so if he's breaking this story without sky's admission, walsh would basically be doing a 180 on himself.
walsh' second 180 that would be in a relatively short period of time.
i hope you're right cuz 360 would mean the old walsh is back.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
by all means let's not be naive here.
walsh hasn't called out sky not even on obvious stupidities such as only publishing froome data from the vuelta onwards.
so if he's breaking this story without sky's admission, walsh would basically be doing a 180 on himself.
walsh' second 180 that would be in a relatively short period of time.
i hope you're right cuz 360 would mean the old walsh is back.

Walsh didn't change.
Just because he did not write what you want him to does not mean he went 180 .
Interesting that you open with "lets not be naive here" when you haven't even read this ST article.

Race Radio said:
Most took months to get out.....and this is not a BP case. Levi had a similar issue and it took years to get out. This took a few days
Are we sure it's not a BP case? It sounds similar to the Barredo case, I'd say.

Still, even if it would take a month or two for the story to break normally, I don't see what difference it makes. Walsh didn't uncover something that was going to be kept a secret.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Are we sure it's not a BP case? It sounds similar to the Barredo case, I'd say.

Still, even if it would take a month or two for the story to break normally, I don't see what difference it makes. Walsh didn't uncover something that was going to be kept a secret.

It is not a BP case, yet.
This is where JTL is being asked to explain suspicious values - they may accept that he has been on vacation in Kenya. :cool: and be cleared.

And if you actually read today's Walsh piece you would see he does not let Sky off the hook.

TRENDING THREADS