• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 226 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Walsh is at Le Tour

Sean Wardall ‏@seanwardall 2h2 hours ago
@DavidWalshST I love ya DW but if there were cynical laughs in the press room when LA went away then they must be pissing themselves today.

David Walsh @DavidWalshST
@seanwardall Sean, the situation at the Altrad Stadium Salle de Presse in Montpellier is exactly the opposite to what you surmise.

Either ASO have only let skybots have press accreditation or Walsh is lying!

Walsh alone in the press room once again? Everyone is laughing bar him?

Re: Re:

budegan said:
sniper said:
Ross Tucker @Scienceofsport

@ianrobo1 @Digger_forum Indeed. The reason I even started to look at performances was Walsh told me it was useful: http://sportsscientists.com/2014/07/the-2014-tour-performance-implications-a-reflection-on-the-origins/

So either this:

In June 2009, I was privileged to spend a few days with journalist David Walsh (he of Armstrong-takedown fame, a man who pursued Armstrong despite being shunned, sued and slated from every direction), here in Cape Town. He gave me his copy of this book (see picture above), loosely translated “Can you win the Tour?“, written by @festinaboy and Frederic Portoleau, which documented the power output of the top riders during the mountain climbs of the Tour de France.
(http://sportsscientists.com/2014/07/the-2014-tour-performance-implications-a-reflection-on-the-origins/)

Or this:

In an often heated exchange with host Ger Gilroy, Walsh claimed he “wouldn’t have a clue about power wattage” when pressed as to why a number of sports physiologists such as Ross Tucker claim that Chris Froome’s race leading efforts are — from a performance data point of view — equivalent to those produced by known dopers.
(http://www.the42.ie/david-walsh-chris-froome-off-the-ball-2231234-Jul2015/)

Is ******.

Someone not blocked by Walsh, should, posing as a friend on Twitter, ask him how he reconciles the 2

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Story in this week's Private Eye abt Times looking to get more cash out of readers by eg organising cruises where Times writers would be the star attraction. The writer named? Walsh.
nice find.

maybe walsh has debts to pay that we don't know of?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

thehog said:
sniper said:
fmk_RoI said:
Story in this week's Private Eye abt Times looking to get more cash out of readers by eg organising cruises where Times writers would be the star attraction. The writer named? Walsh.
nice find.

maybe walsh has debts to pay that we don't know of?

Plugging the losses for the Program :eek:

I dont think Walsh was a producer on The Program.

But funny that he has become Pravda's gimp.

Re:

fmk_RoI said:

Was posted on Twitter, sounds like a hoot!

qqsw3t.jpg

Re:

Cannibal72 said:
I meant to post that here. If you're in Britain and don't subscribe to PE, you're missing out.

I would agree. In saying that, what about sailing the high seas with Walsh, with him telling stories about butterfly's and sandshoes?! :cool:

What fun that would be with the blue rinse brigade!

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Considering the fact Walsh blocks almost anyone who asks him a question on twitter, what's he going to do if someone on the cruise presses him a bit on his Sky bag toting, throw them over the rail?

At this point, the man is nothing short of amazing.

Bannockburn said:
Considering the fact Walsh blocks almost anyone who asks him a question on twitter, what's he going to do if someone on the cruise presses him a bit on his Sky bag toting, throw them over the rail?

I don't think retirees in their 70s on a cruise ship would be asking Walsh, "David Dear, what about that Landa fellow? didn't you say you didn't believe in him at Astana and now he rides for Sky? Didn't he have some stomach issue at that Italian Tour race? The Giro, bad blood bag perhaps for the young lad?"

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

thehog said:
Cannibal72 said:
I meant to post that here. If you're in Britain and don't subscribe to PE, you're missing out.

I would agree. In saying that, what about sailing the high seas with Walsh, with him telling stories about butterfly's and sandshoes?! :cool:

What fun that would be with the blue rinse brigade!

I imagine the words 'The Program' will be used a lot, just dropped causally into conversation about how they MADE A FILM ABOUT ME. Or maybe its box office failure is a source of such shame he'll pretend it didn't exist...?

Bannockburn said:

Someone clinical definitely needs to go on one of these cruises, if they ever happen. Which they probably won't. Volunteers?

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Bannockburn said:

I don't think retirees in their 70s on a cruise ship would be asking Walsh, "David Dear, what about that Landa fellow? didn't you say you didn't believe in him at Astana and now he rides for Sky? Didn't he have some stomach issue at that Italian Tour race? The Giro, bad blood bag perhaps for the young lad?"

You're ruining my fantasy here...

Bannockburn said:
thehog said:
Bannockburn said:

You're ruining my fantasy here...

"Now Doris what did I tell you about asking curly questions? Shiphands, seize this woman and block her! Now where was I? That's right, one fine summers day in Manchester a yellow butterfly flew onto Chris's shoulder..."