• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 233 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
hrotha said:
Froome's TUEs aren't nearly as blatant and obvious as Wiggins's. That is a fact.

True, but his performance and transformation was greater than Wiggins.

Walsh knows Froome never mentioned asthma for the book.

But aren't there questions over 'due process' - which should contribute to any scrutiny into the way the sport is governed. Sadly, I've yet to see evidence the debate is moving on from 'Wiggins witchhunt' to 'WTF were the team doing' and the 'was there collusion / favouritism (or just tacit acceptance of TUEs being 'legalised' doping)' in what seems like rubber stamp signing off.

I am a lot less interested in Wiggins being questioned than I am interested in seeing team management, team doctors, sport governance held to account.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Electress said:
Benotti69 said:
hrotha said:
Froome's TUEs aren't nearly as blatant and obvious as Wiggins's. That is a fact.

True, but his performance and transformation was greater than Wiggins.

Walsh knows Froome never mentioned asthma for the book.

But aren't there questions over 'due process' - which should contribute to any scrutiny into the way the sport is governed. Sadly, I've yet to see evidence the debate is moving on from 'Wiggins witchhunt' to 'WTF were the team doing' and the 'was there collusion / favouritism (or just tacit acceptance of TUEs being 'legalised' doping)' in what seems like rubber stamp signing off.

I am a lot less interested in Wiggins being questioned than I am interested in seeing team management, team doctors, sport governance held to account.

Yep, I made the point that there are others who needed to be asked some hard questions for allowing the TUE and Wiggins is bottom of that list.

Reedie, Cookson/McQuaid('12), Saptstead, Freeman, Farrell, Leinders, Brailsford and then Wiggins.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Walsh said he wrote the Tiernan Locke story, but forgets he absolved Sky/TeamGB and blamed previous team.

Walsh didn't write about Henao who was suspended for blood passport anomalies and Sky sent Oli Cookson to Colombia with him to do studies into altitude natives and nothing a sausage since! Remember Horner's passport and no suspension!!!!!

Walsh is only leading the blind.

Benotti69 said:
MmeDesgrange said:
Personally I'd also add Zorzoli - the man at the end of the Sky TUE hotline

Yep good call.

You need someone with an axe to grind, & who isn't wrapped up in an NDA that could lose them everything.

My personal nomination, is a little from left field .... Pat McQuaid !

He knows where the bodies are buried, & he's certainly got a grievance with BC, Sky & Cookson, so he'd love to stick it to all of them.

Pat McQuaid, savior of clean cycling .... where's that barf smilie ?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

keeponrollin said:
Benotti69 said:
MmeDesgrange said:

Yep good call.

You need someone with an axe to grind, & who isn't wrapped up in an NDA that could lose them everything.

He knows where the bodies are buried, & he's certainly got a grievance with BC, Sky & Cookson, so he'd love to stick it to all of them.

McQuaid would possibly hang sky out to dry, but that would mean spitting in the soup and i figure the guy still has irons in sports fires and would not risk damaging them. If not he probably has ideas about running for Pres again.

Benotti69 said:
keeponrollin said:
Benotti69 said:
MmeDesgrange said:

Yep good call.

McQuaid would possibly hang sky out to dry, but that would mean spitting in the soup and i figure the guy still has irons in sports fires and would not risk damaging them. If not he probably has ideas about running for Pres again.

Your not being Machiavellian enough Benotti. McQuaid got kicked out of his nice cushy job, by a British Cycling stalwart, after he had supported Sky in all their BS, & gotten those TUEs signed off without questions.

If he does a good job sticking in the knife, he might be able to flush Cookson, Sky & the BC mafia all down the drain; & enable his own comeback to the top job in the UCI, selling himself to the plebs as the Clean reformer, who had to come out of retirement to save cycling, after those terrible Sky people tried to drag it back to the bad old days of USPS.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world, would know exactly what they were getting with Pat .... a return to the 'Good Olde Days' :mad:

May 26, 2010
Visit site

keeponrollin said:
Benotti69 said:
keeponrollin said:
Benotti69 said:
MmeDesgrange said:

Yep good call.

Your not being Machiavellian enough Benotti. McQuaid got kicked out of his nice cushy job, by a British Cycling stalwart, after he had supported Sky in all their BS, & gotten those TUEs signed off without questions.

If he does a good job sticking in the knife, he might be able to flush Cookson, Sky & the BC mafia all down the drain; & enable his own comeback to the top job in the UCI, selling himself to the plebs as the Clean reformer, who had to come out of retirement to save cycling, after those terrible Sky people tried to drag it back to the bad old days of USPS.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world, would know exactly what they were getting with Pat .... a return to the 'Good Olde Days' :mad:

Yeah, but McQuaid was a clown when he was president, a bumbling clown. He aint gonna bumble his way to taking down Cookson, Sky & BC mafia on his own. But that Prince from Bahrain, now maybe he might assist..... :D

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
MmeDesgrange said:

Yep good call.

Zorzoli and Leinders (let's face it, the whitewash of those allegations was about as credible as Spanish anti doping clearing AC of doping), Zorzoli signing off TUEs alone for asthma, allergic reactions, post-infectious coughs, sinusitis was standard practice, previewing riders of their abnormal values (Lon Schattenberg also involved, famously telling Rabobank's Kroon of dodgy blood values) - did those Wiggins TUE go through the proper procedure or did the good Dr Zorzoli once again act alone, conveniently placed at the other end of the Sky TUE hotline

And has anyone asked about the OOC use of cortisone - abuse of which is rampant, according to Dr Gerard Guillaume of FDJ?

keeponrollin said:
Benotti69 said:
keeponrollin said:
Benotti69 said:
MmeDesgrange said:

Yep good call.

I don't see McQuaid pulling a stunt like that any time soon. Verbruggen on the other hand...

Doesn't McQuaid's family still work in cycling? No way would he burn the house down while that's still happening... Based on his animosity towards Cookson he would have done it already if he were going to. He's probably still on some sort of gravy train anyway.

These quotes from Walsh sets the tone for what is to come which is a war between him and sky/Brailsford. Walsh now obviously feels as though he has been deceived and hoodwinked by Brailsford and sky and it appears as though he is belatedly coming to his senses. He knows he has been made a fool of but plenty on the outside could see it happening long before now.

'Was I lied to at different times? Yes I was. Now I'm in a position because I spent that time in Team Sky, that I got to know a lot of people.

'I fell I have a better grip on this story than pretty much any journalist out there. And I think Dave Brailsford will regret the day he invited me into the team'.

I find those comments very ironic. He is basically saying that he is going to talk to people and find out what he can to uncover what was going on. Which is what he should have been doing in the first instance. And then his comment about knowing more than any other journalist out there, he is now placing himself in position as the journalist best placed to pull it all down. He wants to have his bread buttered on both sides.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

DanielSong39 said:
Better late than never; let's welcome Walsh to the party.

I doubt his sincerity.

I think Walsh is playing it up.

I'll wait till i see he has written some harsh story criticising the Sky circus and those that enable it or he resigns!

Re:

Benotti69 said:
DavidWalsh on NewstalkFM, "Was I duped [by Team Sky]? Perhaps I was."

D'oh!

Have to say I'm disappointed, the thought of no more Sky books makes me sad. He still loves Froome though, so he flame still burns inside of David. Fingers crossed we can anothe book out of him about how Froome once beat Alberto Contador.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

ontheroad said:
These quotes from Walsh sets the tone for what is to come which is a war between him and sky/Brailsford. Walsh now obviously feels as though he has been deceived and hoodwinked by Brailsford and sky and it appears as though he is belatedly coming to his senses. He knows he has been made a fool of but plenty on the outside could see it happening long before now.

'Was I lied to at different times? Yes I was. Now I'm in a position because I spent that time in Team Sky, that I got to know a lot of people.

'I fell I have a better grip on this story than pretty much any journalist out there. And I think Dave Brailsford will regret the day he invited me into the team'.

I find those comments very ironic. He is basically saying that he is going to talk to people and find out what he can to uncover what was going on. Which is what he should have been doing in the first instance. And then his comment about knowing more than any other journalist out there, he is now placing himself in position as the journalist best placed to pull it all down. He wants to have his bread buttered on both sides.
Could u maybe give a link to where he says this?
Am on the road so can't check myself.

sniper said:
ontheroad said:

Could u maybe give a link to where he says this?
Am on the road so can't check myself.

It's behind a paywall at the minute, I'm sure someone will get it up at some stage.

TRENDING THREADS