• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

ITT stages at the 2013 TdF, who do you like for each?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I see we have two ITT stages this year, and its always fun to see how they'll rack up. But given that the first (stage 11: Avranches - Mont-Saint-Michel) is after a flat stage, will it be much different than stage 17 (Embrun - Chorges) of roughly the same legnth but covering two "hills" and after a mountain stage?

I think everyone will be distracted at the views of Mont Saint Michel in the first

Chris Froome, Alberto Contador, Cadel Evans and Tejay van Garderen for both 11 & 17?

Stage 11:
11-profile.jpg

Stage 17:
17-profile.jpg

Martin
Froome

But how about rain during stage 17?

(can a bright person please decrease these images)

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Stage 11:

Stage 17:

Martin
Froome

But how about rain during stage 17?

On a dry course it's hard to look past Martin, TJVG, Froome, Porte, Contador and Evans, all of whom are well suited to win it. Rain could make a huge difference. Judging from the map, it looks like a fairly technical course too.

I think Martin might win them both.

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
contador, froome or evans for stage 17, with martin not far behind. I'm going with evans for the win. Too many people are overestimating froome's time trialling and contador isn't fit enough to win.

stage 11 martin for the win with froome a minute behind, contador 1 minute and 10 seconds behind martin

TTT its pretty obvious sky will win, but OPQS will want to win to keep cav in yellow til ax3

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If Contador loses to Froome more than 1 min in the flat TT, he has no chance to win in MTT. I admit he can gain 20-25 on seconds, but he is not very likely to go uphill as fast as Froome.

10 sec? Hell, no.