• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ivan Basso: Lance Will be the Strongest

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
.... he'll win the TDF with some good Ferrari luck.... And his team (contadope, Levi) will be his mountain and TTT slaves for certain. There's no way he wont be the leader... he owns the team :) and (F-$$) his form was just to good dragging levi's **** up those climbs and then still getting high placing.

Darn it anyway! Aghhh....(sigh).

A

Anonymous

clydesdale said:
I don't think he'll podium but top 5 is probably doable. I think that there are riders he just can't keep up with anymore.

Then again, I'm not the conspiracy theorist that some are so who knows.

i didn't think he could win it either but basso knows him pretty well.

of course of he does big boat will post the sci-fi/horror version of it fifty times a day for months.

needle sticks, blood bags, microdosing epo plasma expaders drain blood into coke cans more needle sticks hgh injections portable blood testing labs go train act normal more needle sticks drain blood out put blood back no to much drain some into coke cans flush it down the toilet more needle sticks altered genes more blood bags more needle sick (sic) who know where to hide the tracks slink down the hall secret door hidden refrigerators pay off the cops pay off uci pay off the team mates pay off the massuse who notices you blew out a vein with a needle stick... oh.. and win the race.

it will be big boat heaven

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
jackhammer111 said:
i didn't think he could win it either but basso knows him pretty well.

of course of he does big boat will post the sci-fi/horror version of it fifty times a day for months.

needle sticks, blood bags, microdosing epo plasma expaders drain blood into coke cans more needle sticks hgh injections portable blood testing labs go train act normal more needle sticks drain blood out put blood back no to much drain some into coke cans flush it down the toilet more needle sticks altered genes more blood bags more needle sick (sic) who know where to hide the tracks slink down the hall secret door hidden refrigerators pay off the cops pay off uci pay off the team mates pay off the massuse who notices you blew out a vein with a needle stick... oh.. and win the race.

it will be big boat heaven

Oh he already does that for a top 75 or so. LOL

I think he has a decent shot at winning. The route this year is moderate. The competition (aside from Contador) is made up of second rate riders; that Sastre was able to win the TdF says a lot. His "100% back" t-shirt said it all. He intends to go right back to what he was doing four years ago. The UCI and the ASO know it, and they do not intend to do anything about it.

Well, we'll have an idea, come the first road stage.
If Bertie is riding on his lonesome and there's this other Astana guy, wearing yellow, surrounded by a 7 man, turquoise protective bubble.

At which point, all fans of variety, might as well switch off. (see the Tour of Switzerland for details.:rolleyes:)

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I think he has a decent shot at winning. The route this year is moderate. The competition (aside from Contador) is made up of second rate riders; that Sastre was able to win the TdF says a lot. His "100% back" t-shirt said it all. He intends to go right back to what he was doing four years ago. The UCI and the ASO know it, and they do not intend to do anything about it.

I like Sastre...but he's going to "back pedal" big time. LOL

Lance will be the leader of Astana (practically owns it :) ). He wont F up either. Its Lance!

A

Anonymous

i dont think he will win, but nothing would surprise me..

but if he does win.. So *&^&%$ what.. it just means that hes the best tour rider over those three weeks.. have we now got to the point in cycling where we dont want the best guy to win..?

no doubt bigboat et al, will say, it wont be the best guy, just the most jacked up guy.. are we at the point where we dont want the most doped to win, just the guys who have doped a little bit..

if he wins, hes the best rider over those three weeks, then he wins, get over it.. if someone else wins, then good luck to them..

LOL, at both of you guys (Jack/BigB). Funny stuff.

Roberto Heras said earlier this year he thinks Lance can win the Tour. He didn't talk like he and Lance were still buddies, but seemed to have great respect for him as a team leader, and said it was certainly very possible for Lance to win again.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Contador will have to win this!.. his legacy as an all time great is on the line here.
If a 40 year old armstrong will beat him he will be a joke for his entire career! even if contador wins another 10 GTs :)

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
i dont think he will win, but nothing would surprise me..

but if he does win.. So *&^&%$ what.. it just means that hes the best tour rider over those three weeks.. have we now got to the point in cycling where we dont want the best guy to win..?

no doubt bigboat et al, will say, it wont be the best guy, just the most jacked up guy.. are we at the point where we dont want the most doped to win, just the guys who have doped a little bit..

if he wins, hes the best rider over those three weeks, then he wins, get over it.. if someone else wins, then good luck to them..

Lance is the most tuned up no doubt... But Conta is relatively close too. I think Lance is a great rider... :] But he wouldnt have ever been top 30 ever without Ferrari.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Speculation...

Nobody knows! he will have a decent ride, maye top 5 or a podium, but he will not win it! He's a great rider, but time cought up to him, and his preparations were interupted also...

Conti for first (he is the best at present)...looking forward to a great Tou:D! VIVA LANCE:cool:!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I think that a lot of whats being reported is the team playing media mind games. I do believe that there is every chance that Armstrong could step up on the podium, which one I don't know. Or alternatively, he could crash and burn like others have. As for Contador, I am thinking that if he gets screwed over by his team, I imagine that there will be a new team for him in 2010.

We will soon see what unfolds....and anyone of you could be right about the outcome.;)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Bigboat, why if everyone is jacked is would amstrong never have made the top 30? i thought you would subscribe to he is the most talented in a jacked up world. Or is your point that everyone is jacked and he is so talented he could have been as high as 30 without it?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
msjett said:
I think that a lot of whats being reported is the team playing media mind games. I do believe that there is every chance that Armstrong could step up on the podium, which one I don't know. Or alternatively, he could crash and burn like others have. As for Contador, I am thinking that if he gets screwed over by his team, I imagine that there will be a new team for him in 2010.

We will soon see what unfolds....and anyone of you could be right about the outcome.;)

maybe team sky or caisse

A

Anonymous

Belokki said:
Speculation...

Nobody knows! he will have a decent ride, maybe top 5 or a podium, but he will not win it! He's a great rider, but time cought up to him, and his preparations were interupted also...

Conti for first (he is the best at present)...looking forward to a great Tou:D! VIVA LANCE:cool:!

34 letters until a contradiction. That's pretty good.

35 actually, but I added one for you!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
i don't think it's mind games, a lot of riders in the peleton have said that they are impressed with Lance's form - they know he will be a threat.

even if he isn't at his best, his 7 TdF wins will help him mentally beat most of his competitors - think of Arnie in "Pumping Iron" when he was going for his 6th Mr Olympia title

TRENDING THREADS