• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jail time for Lance? Thoughts peeps?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
guilder said:
Biggest fraud in sports are all those laughing that haven't been caught. Took advantage of cancer people? Get a life you tool. Drug trafficker and ringleader? Says those extorting testimony from cowards.

guilder,

Aside from your ill-framed writing, this is a discussion board, not a platform for flaming those with whom your disagree.

Next, you respond to someone whom you think should "Get a life ...." That makes your life seem equally as vapid you say the other is.

Finally, have you not been made aware of the avalanche of evidence that has fallen on LA and his cohorts? Or are you an apologist for the perpetrators?

If you wish to post contrary points of view, you are welcomed to do so - with credibility and tact. As it stands, you characterize yourself as a a poorly educated, biased cyber-bully who used the anonymity of the internet to pound your chest like a gorilla.

I opine that LA is a big, maybe the biggest fraud, that he used/abused cancer as a springboard and that he trafficked in illicit substances, not to mention the conspiracy and other frauds. Now call me a tool with no life ....

Love, l

snackattack

BANNED
Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
You know what, my bad. I have you mixed up with another poster. I apologize for the flames, you are not the poster I was thinking of.

Yeah, and a whole friggin brain if there is one at all idiot.

265663.jpg

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
lactictac said:
guilder,

Aside from your ill-framed writing, this is a discussion board, not a platform for flaming those with whom your disagree.

Next, you respond to someone whom you think should "Get a life ...." That makes your life seem equally as vapid you say the other is.

Finally, have you not been made aware of the avalanche of evidence that has fallen on LA and his cohorts? Or are you an apologist for the perpetrators?

If you wish to post contrary points of view, you are welcomed to do so - with credibility and tact. As it stands, you characterize yourself as a a poorly educated, biased cyber-bully who used the anonymity of the internet to pound your chest like a gorilla.

I opine that LA is a big, maybe the biggest fraud, that he used/abused cancer as a springboard and that he trafficked in illicit substances, not to mention the conspiracy and other frauds. Now call me a tool with no life ....

Love, l

Yawn. Credibility isn't this forum's strong point.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
cineteq said:
-
- He took advantage of Cancer people and made loads of money at the expense of them.

I am no Lance apologist but this one you are going to have to prove my friend. Start by sharing how this opinion even relevant

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Tar, feather, jail. Something! Anything! The guy is a multimillionaire who has derived pleasure from ruining people's financial livelihood. Put him in jail? Hell yes!

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Boeing said:
I am no Lance apologist but this one you are going to have to prove my friend. Start by sharing how this opinion even relevant

I believe what they are saying is that LA has raised tens of millions for his foundation by being famous as a record setting TdF winner. It's becoming clear that the fame was achieved by cheating.

It has been proved publicly that although Livestrong has an admirable mission, a very low percentage, relatively, of the funds raised go toward cancer research. A lot of the funds, I think I remember, go towards LA's lifestyle costs; travel, hotels, meals out.

If LA were just some other punter, as he might well be without doping and coercing his teammates to dope, there would be no fame and no foundation.

I think LA is going to jail. There is a reason Novitsky just stopped and went silent. We now know it wasn't for lack of evidence.

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
Yes. No doubt that Armstrong should go to jail. He stole millions of taxpayer money as funneled through USPS and used it to buy and traffic drugs, all aimed at cheating in sport. Even the best Mexican drug cartels would marvel at the sophistication and years that Lance got away with it.

Should Armstrong go to jail for this? No doubt. He should be in jail already. Put him in there. Throw away the key.

Other than this post, I have enjoyed this thred

May 24, 2011
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
That does open the door. Perjury charges are the ones that most dopers get caught on in the US. Though these sort of charges aren't exactly easy to get convictions on (see Barry Bonds and Roger Clemmons). I'm actually not 100% sure we've had a perjury charge with any of the high profile doping cases where the accused didn't actuall ADMIT openly to doping.

Bet his lawyers put the willies up him for making that mistake. At least LA has been very determined to avoid any under oath denials since.

And won't it be interesting to see how the SCA case proceeds now. There's hope of comeuppance right there.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
GWAR79 said:
whoops, i replied to the wrong post

Ok. I still luv u too, you accidentally-posted-to-the-wrong-post poster. Now back to Armstrong.

Yes. He should serve jail time. Marion Jones did, and she didn't harass and threaten anyone.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
He is caught between a rock and a hard place now.

He lied during SCA and if SCA want their money back he will be damned, but i guess he will settle that very quicky and as quietly as possible to avoid the perjury charge.

Will he start settling cases left right and centre? I thinks so till he gets as much of his liquid assets to a safe palce and the rest in the names of his Mother and Children then he'll start defending the rest if it doesn't get him in the poo with the lying in court.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
StyrbjornSterki said:
fraud
money laundering
drug smuggling
perjury
suborning perjury
conspiring to commit all the above
witness tampering
RICO

Should be at least a fortnight in the cooler in there somewhere.

Yeah, add harassing and threatening women to that one too.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Heckler said:
I believe what they are saying is that LA has raised tens of millions for his foundation by being famous as a record setting TdF winner. It's becoming clear that the fame was achieved by cheating.

If that were something that could land you in jail, then we'd have to put half the big-church evangelist in jail for preaching against sin yet are caught sleeping with mistresses or gay lovers.

Heckler said:
It has been proved publicly that although Livestrong has an admirable mission, a very low percentage, relatively, of the funds raised go toward cancer research. A lot of the funds, I think I remember, go towards LA's lifestyle costs; travel, hotels, meals out.

That has nothing to do with his doping, and a lot of charities operate this way. Surely if there is direct evidence of accounting crimes, they can be prosecuted, but the authorities are not necessarily going to launch an investigation of his charities just because USADA convicts him of doping.

gooner said:
Have to love his answer to the question about what he would do if he was Lance's lawyer.

He said thankfully he is not his lawyer.

. Being Lances lawyer is the easiest thing in the world. You dismiss all the evidence as conjecture, all witnesses as liars and all accusers as out with a grudge.

No matter how obsurd it gets, just shut off your brain and follow those rules.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
In a word, no.

Shown to be a liar and cheat, and have to return all his prize money, and deal with potential sponsor lawsuits, yes. Having the media truthfully report on him being a drug kingpin and fraud, and press him every time they see him, yes. But jail, no. I see no reason for it. None. The only person in this mess I potentially see going to jail is Del Moral.

:eek::eek::eek:!
Lance perjured himself when he said he had severed ties with Ferrari and the bank records clearly show he did not. so that is perjury.
We know about witness tampering, going after Tyler Hamilton wanting to know what he said to the authorities and then telling him he would ruin him.
It was also reported in the reasoned decision that Lance presented his fellow riders with affadavits to sign where they would be committing perjury(if one of those riders held on to one it would be worth a fortune now)
that is suborning perjury.
Those are serious federal offenses that undermine our whole system of justice. If people lie under oath and try to get others to do the same the system falls apart.
Sorry Alp you are waaaaay off base on this one. The doping in comparison to the perjury is inconsequential.