• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jakob Fuglsang discussion thread

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I never figured if that Black Album signature, that you are referring to, was meant in a serious manner, considering that both statements has always seemed malplaced and untrue in the first place. I gather that the absurdity of the statements have made the signature reach meme status over the years.
I don't remember the original context. To me it's simply one of the legendary quotes of the old days of the forum. Like the old Hitch Greatest Of The Nine signature.

Fuglsang probably already had a puncture on the final climb. He was near the front marking Keldermann & Pozzovivo all the time and then suddenly dropped down through the pack. Shortly after the Dane was seen having a flat tire.

Fuglsang actually was my no.1 favorite to win the pink jersey IF he stays save until Saturday. Because, as I've mentioned before, from Saturday on this Giro d'Italia basically is a one week race which should favor him.

Now he's a bit out of contention. Let's see what happens next. Whether he's shattered mentally. Whether he's riding conservatively for a podium spot. Whether he rides super aggressive with anger in his mind as this really was his race to take until today.

If the Giro d'Italia resumes at all after Friday of course.

So many scenarios, so much potential drama. Could be worse pals. Could be worse...

Who would have thought that Fullsan' puncturing would have fostered a creative outburst of metallica and homosexual jokes:sweatsmile:. this community! I should log in more often

He was the one who wrote about his three husbands! Or, at least that's what google translate claims he was writing about.
And you missed the will riders land on their penis if they fall while peeing? debate of the Tour.

Actually he almost fell when he punctured on the descent, incredible save right there.

Not quite L-B-L level, though.

I never figured if that Black Album signature, that you are referring to, was meant in a serious manner, considering that both statements has always seemed malplaced and untrue in the first place. I gather that the absurdity of the statements have made the signature reach meme status over the years.

Being a Boonen fan, it makes sense that he saw Cancellara as overrated.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Being a Boonen fan, it makes sense that he saw Cancellara as overrated.
It makes sense, but it should not follow necessarily that you view things as overrated if you do not like them. Personally, I don't view Boonen as overrated, even though I never really liked him as a rider. I think there is a difference between disliking (or just not caring for a rider) and calling a rider overrated. I am not too happy with how the concept overratedness is used, in general. It seems to imply that someone (usually perceived as a majority) is wrong if they do not share your opinion. It is, in my opinion, immature, convenient and lazy behavior to just call things overrated (not that I haven't done it myself previously).

TRENDING THREADS