• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jakob Fuglsang discussion thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
BigMac said:
Vino's Mum said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
a discussion about fuglsang being too fat for winning gt is more useless than woman cycling. it's completely irrelevant in every possible way

What does this fool have to post to get a permanent ban?

I asked precisely the same when I reported his post. It''s gotten even more flagrant a few thousand posts now. I wonder what is it that gives him a free pass.

Probably the only poster I have reported and will keep doing so.
lol complaining online about a forum member and reporting him like a little kid only because he is stating his opinion. can life get any more sad? :eek:

I report you because literally 90% of your posts are agressive tosh, insults, machismo, or the belittling of others, just like you did a page back. If people want to discuss something they feel is relevant, it's not your right to come in all haughty and mighty telling them how useless it is, with one of your typical sexist and off topic remarks no less. So yes, I will keep reporting you until you stop or are stopped.

ILovecycling said:
Sounds funny from you :p :D

Only I got sniped on my first infraction, clarified it with the mods, and learned my lesson. If there was one. This guy is on what, his 20th ban?
yep,something like that...I've got nothing against you, good addition for the forum, not boring ;)

Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
a discussion about fuglsang being too fat for winning gt is more useless than woman cycling. it's completely irrelevant in every possible way

That's your opinion, yes. What do you care if someone else wants to discuss Jakob Fuglsang?

Btw this is not just a discussion about Fuglsang being too fat, it's more like a general discussion thread about him.

LaFlorecita said:
BigMac said:
staubsauger said:
Maybe Prudhomme wants to enter the #lowcarb #lifevegan #eatfresh business? Fuglsang would be the perfect posterboy for it. He looks like Nick Carter on a bike, pals! :D ;)

Highcarb rawtil4 tho.
I was watching videos of durianrider's GF the other day about HCLF and raw till 4.. lol

But I hate bananas so won't go on a banana diet :p

Damn I just found out (thanks to you) that actually my feeding almost is #rawtill4! :eek:

No I know why I'm so lean.

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site

BigMac said:
Vino's Mum said:
Ryo Hazuki said:

I asked precisely the same when I reported his post. It''s gotten even more flagrant a few thousand posts now. I wonder what is it that gives him a free pass.

lol, you reported that? I am highly entertained how a mere opinion can get some people crying to the hall monitors. Mommy, save me from the man saying bad things!

It's white knights like this that keep women's cycling limping along. You have vision, I'll give you that.

TourOfTexas said:
BigMac said:
Vino's Mum said:
Ryo Hazuki said:

lol, you reported that? I am highly entertained how a mere opinion can get some people crying to the hall monitors. Mommy, save me from the man saying bad things!

It's white knights like this that keep women's cycling limping along. You have vision, I'll give you that.

Perhaps you'd like to take a look at his posting history. It wasn't 'just' an opinion coming from him.

Re: Fuglsang too fat to win the Giro d'Italia, Andersen says

BigMac!!! You are really wrong, believe me. Censorship is never a solution. You can't judge anyone on his words because word is too flexible, you can be ironic, you can be allegorical, you can be joking etc. You can never be sure of what someone truly means.
Make no exception. Never report anyone. Something to be proud of ;) :)
Remember that I once had your age and make stupid mistakes too...

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

jens_attacks said:
Ryo Hazuki said:

that's it, guys. i think fuglsang will podium this year's tour.

I already predicted this weeks ago

Re: Fuglsang too fat to win the Giro d'Italia, Andersen says

Echoes said:
BigMac!!! You are really wrong, believe me. Censorship is never a solution. You can't judge anyone on his words because word is too flexible, you can be ironic, you can be allegorical, you can be joking etc. You can never be sure of what someone truly means.
Make no exception. Never report anyone. Something to be proud of ;) :)
Remember that I once had your age and make stupid mistakes too...

I know what you mean Echoes, but you sort of get to know them with fifteen thousand posts of the same thing. I swear I try to take a deep breath and scroll past, but I don't like to ignore. Will take that into consideration next time. Cheers.

Re:

ciranda said:
Fuglsang is cool, I like him. He has no acceleration at all but races well and is very tough on the hardest days. His weight when in shape in earlier years has been 66kg. His trainer is a guy called Rune Larsen, afaik.

Netserk's comments about character is not really correct. I don't see how he's conceited. Some times he seems uncomfortable in interviews but then sport reporters are mostly idiots.

Okay, his trainer is still Rune Larsen. Psychic man helps with breathing exercises.

Re:

GuyIncognito said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love to see fanboyism fall flat on its face

Lol, such a ridiculous comment

Fuglsang is not a pure climber and never will be and this climb was simply too much for him. Still, he will probably a very valuable domestique for Nibali in the Tour where the climbs suit him much better.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
Lol, just saw the finish. Can't say I was surprised.
Is he even a top 5 climber in his own team?
Nibali, Aru, Landa and Lopez seem to be better climbers, I don't know how good 2015 Scarponi still is.

the sceptic said:
jens_attacks said:
Ryo Hazuki said:

that's it, guys. i think fuglsang will podium this year's tour.

I already predicted this weeks ago

Such great predictions ...Fuglsang will podium at the Tour :confused: ...can't podium at the Tour of Suisse or even get ahead for his teammate

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
lol @ fuglsang and people mocking my opinion early on when it's clear as hell he has nothing to do in a gt for gc

You're a smart guy, you must have been the only guy with that opinion right?

Not that this race means anything for a GT, although i don't think he can perform in one anyways. Many were just joking btw cause of the whole landa case.

Cance > TheRest said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
lol @ fuglsang and people mocking my opinion early on when it's clear as hell he has nothing to do in a gt for gc
lol @ you for saying that, well knowing that he was 7th in the most highly contested Tour in recent years.

Was is it? From my pov the field was not even close to the level of the Giro 99 or Tour 2007. Probably not even equal to the Tour 2009, Giro 2011 or Vuelta 2012 expect the top 5.

He's got a point there, pal! Wheter we like the chauvinistic character of his statement or not. He's definately got a point!

staubsauger said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
lol @ you for saying that, well knowing that he was 7th in the most highly contested Tour in recent years.

Was is it? From my pov the field was not even close to the level of the Giro 99 or Tour 2007. Probably not even equal to the Tour 2009, Giro 2011 or Vuelta 2012 expect the top 5.

He's got a point there, pal! Wheter we like the chauvinistic character of his statement or not. He's definately got a point!
I said in recent years. Not 16 years back. Tour 07 and 09 may have had an equal level of competition, but they didn't have a full genius Froome or Quintana+Rodriguez in absolute top shape. I don't support the notion (or joke, whatever it is) that Fuglsang will do anything GC-wise this Tour, but to suggest that he's not able to ever ride a good GC in a GT, when there's evidence for the opposite on a least likely case, is beyond laughable.