• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jan Ullrich still has it!!!

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dk5edoVXcAA9Gpl.jpg

Lance Armstrong flew over to Germany to try and help Jan Ullrich

Re: Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
SHAD0W93 said:
What was he saying in the video?

He says he has two cooks but no one is there to cook for him. The rest made even less sense. He sounds like a 60-year-old lunatic full on booze and stuff. A sad sight.

He's got that typical self-aggrandizement of alcoholics: I know what I'm doing, I can stop any time, Nobody can help me...

He calls other people ants and himself a giant. He calls all the people, who are trying to help him, his "Klödis".
He also speaks about being the world champion of smoking, because he smoked 999 cigarettes in nine hours and that he did 900 push-ups in the last hours.

This is very sad. How many times has he gone through this already? Seems since his retirement he's had something happen every year. He was already in trouble during his racing career when he was caught with party drugs. I can only speculate why he is in free fall at the moment. There could be many reasons, and it could be multiple reasons at the same time. The fact that Armstrong, who burned plenty of bridges in his career, went all the way to Germany to visit Ullrich and cheer him up, says a lot about Ullrich. The guy was well liked in the peloton. Sure he had his legal troubles, but as far as his fellow competitors are concerned, he had lots of respect. Can only hope that he pulls through this.

I've gone back to watch some of his races back in the day and it's still very impressive how he rode that massive gear up those steep pitches and how he could contend year after year with head scratching preparation and weight issues. How great would he have been if he maintained that weight from 1996/1997?? In 2001 and 2003 he was probably closest to his tour winning shape, but just couldn't quite do it. In 2003 he was unlucky with sickness during Alpe D'Huez where he effectively lost the tour. After that he was never realistically a favorite for the tour.

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Edit: This is even worse than I thought, German TV has an interview with the prostitute whom Ullrich allegedly assaulted. And more video which is circumstantially incriminating, and really bad stuff[/quote]

Can you elaborate? Not much new information on English language web pages.

German law isn't like the US were you can't drop the charges once it is reported to the police?

It is definitely understandable for her not to know who Ullrich was at the time. Is that the statment she gave police or after the fact? Either way not fun for her and hopefully she can get the help she needs.

We shall see what happens with the lawsuit but Ullrich should definitely answer for what he did and needs to get help and stick to it. Maybe this is the wake up call he needs.

I'm surprised no one has brought up the East German school. I'm not using it as an excuse for his actions, just an idea. We already know he was never great with pressure and mentally was not anywhere near as strong as others. Who knows what happened in the East Germany school, add on not working as hard as he should in the 90's, than getting humiliated by Armstrong no matter how hard he tried, the positive and suspension, and than the complete backlash from Germany. He probably has a lot bottled up and needs to talk to a therapist to help him mentally get through everything.

Sorry, a lot of the news sites are in German and I do not understand it at all and I forgot it was in Mallorca.

Agreed that she didn't start making up what happened after the fact with her telling that to police for her statement. I wasn't sure if she said that is what happened before or after she knew who he was.

Yea, he seems to just be going on a huge downhill slide and needs an intervention and therapist help to try and get his life together. Definitely needs punishment for his actions( I'm not an attorney so have no idea what would be a fair punishment) and hopefully the court or his friends can help give him the push to get help and straighten everything out.

chiocciolis_calves said:
LaFlorecita said:
hazaran said:
Hello, the guy just tried to strangle a hooker and god knows he has driven more kilometres high as a kite than he ever did sober in his entire life. I'll have my laugh at his expense, no worries.
What a disgraceful attitude.

On topic: glad he is now getting the help he needs

It's really repugnant when folks like you voice your concern for the perpetrator rather than the victim. Not even a mention of her health and wellbeing. You probably wouldn't do this if the perp was a non-athlete/non-celebrity, which is all the more disgusting.

What does the data show as to the effectiveness of psychiatric treatment for criminals behind bars?

This. Too many excuses for this fat german drunkard.

”But. But. Omagad he was so talented.” This sorry mess has been driving drunk more then anyone can tell, is violating people and only visible talent is destroying families and choke hookers.

He is a filthy criminal now.

No_Balls said:
chiocciolis_calves said:
LaFlorecita said:
hazaran said:
Hello, the guy just tried to strangle a hooker and god knows he has driven more kilometres high as a kite than he ever did sober in his entire life. I'll have my laugh at his expense, no worries.

It's really repugnant when folks like you voice your concern for the perpetrator rather than the victim. Not even a mention of her health and wellbeing. You probably wouldn't do this if the perp was a non-athlete/non-celebrity, which is all the more disgusting.

What does the data show as to the effectiveness of psychiatric treatment for criminals behind bars?

This. Too many excuses for this fat german drunkard.

”But. But. Omagad he was so talented.” This sorry mess has been driving drunk more then anyone can tell, is violating people and only visible talent is destroying families and choke hookers.

He is a filthy criminal now.
No one is making excuses or showing more concern for him than the victims of his behavior, but he is in a very dark place and needs help. If people want to make fun of that, go ahead. It just shows they have no empathy whatsoever.
Frankly disgusted by some of the posts in this thread. Some people in here know no shame.

chiocciolis_calves said:
LaFlorecita said:
hazaran said:

Let's hope if someone close to you ever suffers from a psychological disorder and needs your help and support you will show more empathy.

I don't care one bit about Jan Ullrich as a cyclist or "celebrity", never have. However when I notice someone is struggling I am not one to turn my back on them and let them rot. Bring him to court, let him pay for his crimes, but also offer him the help he needs to get out of this mess. Drugs can do scary things to a person's mind.

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
LaFlorecita said:
I don't care one bit about Jan Ullrich as a cyclist or "celebrity", never have. However when I notice someone is struggling I am not one to turn my back on them and let them rot. Bring him to court, let him pay for his crimes, but also offer him the help he needs to get out of this mess. Drugs can do scary things to a person's mind.
Jan Ullrich was allowed to do an interview with a TV crew in the drug rehab clinic where he is staying now, and it is kind of weird stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnoZEmJiQx4&t=0m30s

Droge ist bei mir eine falsches Wort. Ich habe wirklich mehr Energie, und eigentlich gegen energetischen über diesen Sachen, und die bringen mich runter. Es war wie eine Schlaftablette für eine normalen mensch. Das ist bei mir Amphetamin ist es genau andersrum. Die Energie will raus wie sowieso ein schnellkochtopf oder nach oben pfeift. Und das habe nicht an menschen angehören, also ich glaube ich habe niemals einen weh getan...
"To me, "drug" is the wrong word. I really have more energy, and actually, an opposing energy over these things, and they bring me down. It was like a sleeping pill for a normal man. For me, with amphetamine, it's exactly the other way around. The energy wants out somehow, anyhow, like a pressure-cooker whistles up. And that did not belong to humanity, so I think I never hurt anyone ..."
He is clearly deranged.

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
LaFlorecita said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
"For me, with amphetamine, it's exactly the other way around. The energy wants out somehow, anyhow, like a pressure-cooker whistles up. And that did not belong to humanity, so I think I never hurt anyone ..."
He is clearly deranged.
A native speaker of German could listen to that Ullrich interview video and explain better, but it's something like,
Either :
(A) Ullrich is saying that his "energy" is released involuntarily, like a pressure-cooker blowing up, and that is almost a mechanical phenomenon OR...
(B) since Ullrich currently believes he is not part of ordinary humanity, he could not possibly have hurt humans, being detached from mortal beings

But either way, he doesn't take responsibility for his actions, or maybe doesn't even remember what he has done.
I think I transcribed / translated the whole thing correctly, but what is going on in Ullrich's mind, behind that particular sentence, is hard to say

Let me help you out here (I'm a native speaker of German):
He says he has a lot of energy that needs to get out, like air trapped in a pressure cooker, but that he never let that energy out against people but only against trees or a punching bag as he took up boxing (he also emphasizes that he never hurt anyone). He also says he used to be able to compensate said energy-overflow very well doing sports, but having hurt his knee 1.5 years ago he can't ride bikes anymore.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
This thread should be moved to the Clinic section methinks ... this is a professional cycling thread and this guy has been retired for years and this is just a TMZ gossip

Disclosure: I love Jan dearly and even one of my computers is named Der Kaiser so I do not take this lightly by any mean.

TRENDING THREADS