• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jan Ullrich

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
thingswelike said:
Too much writing - too few pics.

ullrich.jpg

I miss him

Me too, especially he was the ONLY scapegoat. What a mess. UCI and German Press + Werner Franke stole us at least 4 great TdF.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Ok minimum one...
But what a shame the audience got instead. A blood doped 5th Stringer as Winner of 2006. And then more doped winners...
Really, until 1998 it was fair. Everybody was at 50, and the best rider won. Nowadays only the clever dopers with the best attorneys and biggest bribes win. Again, what a mess. What a shame.

While you can't condone doping, I see your point about having a level playing field or for that matter allowing the true champions to "modulate" their intake. Whatever Ullirch took in 1996 and 1997, it had to be less than Riis and Virenque/Pantani, respectively.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Ok minimum one...
But what a shame the audience got instead. A blood doped 5th Stringer as Winner of 2006. And then more doped winners...
Really, until 1998 it was fair. Everybody was at 50, and the best rider won. Nowadays only the clever dopers with the best attorneys and biggest bribes win. Again, what a mess. What a shame.

50 did not signify a level playing field. A rider with a natural Hem level at 46 was only getting a small benefit getting it to 50 while someone with a level of 38 was getting a huge performance enhancement. PEDs dont level the playing field.

Sporting achievements come from talent, training, hard work and intelligence.

Some are more talented than others but others are more intelligent. That is the only playing filed that should exist, all natural. I am not blind enough to believe that no one will dope, but make it as hard as possible to get away with it if they do.

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Ok minimum one...

Sounds like you´ve never heard of Mr. 64%?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
biopass said:
Sounds like you´ve never heard of Mr. 64%?

Of course i did. And i remember what D´Hont said. Ullrich wasn´t such a crazy guy like Rijs. On a true level field "Ullrich would have dominated 10 years" (again D`Hont).

Benotti69 said:
50 did not signify a level playing field. A rider with a natural Hem level at 46 was only getting a small benefit getting it to 50 while someone with a level of 38 was getting a huge performance enhancement. PEDs dont level the playing field.

Sporting achievements come from talent, training, hard work and intelligence.

Some are more talented than others but others are more intelligent. That is the only playing filed that should exist, all natural. I am not blind enough to believe that no one will dope, but make it as hard as possible to get away with it if they do.

See above... And to go with your (good) arguments, Ullrich did not only got robbed of 2006, but all the years before, because a crazy american was $hitting on the "Tour of renewal", taking doping to the next level. Hope this guy one day burns in hell. The Cancer of cycling destroyed the sport completely with the help of the UCI.

webvan said:
While you can't condone doping, I see your point about having a level playing field or for that matter allowing the true champions to "modulate" their intake. Whatever Ullirch took in 1996 and 1997, it had to be less than Riis and Virenque/Pantani, respectively.

Yes we can´t condone Doping. But i forgive Ullrich nevertheless. What a great guy. Not arrogant, fair (see 2003), natural like the "Avg.-Joe". I really can´t believe that german media and some ugly self-proclaimed "Doping-Fighters" like Franke hate him.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Of course i did. And i remember what D´Hont said. Ullrich wasn´t such a crazy guy like Rijs. On a true level field "Ullrich would have dominated 10 years" (again D`Hont).

See above... And to go with your (good) arguments, Ullrich did not only got robbed of 2006, but all the years before, because a crazy american was $hitting on the "Tour of renewal", taking doping to the next level. Hope this guy one day burns in hell. The Cancer of cycling destroyed the sport completely with the help of the UCI.

Yes we can´t condone Doping. But i forgive Ullrich nevertheless. What a great guy. Not arrogant, fair (see 2003), natural like the "Avg.-Joe". I really can´t believe that german media and some ugly self-proclaimed "Doping-Fighters" like Franke hate him.

You think Jan would be proud of your post ?
You think a German is proud of your post ?
Next, but most significant Question:
Are you from that incredible-exaggerated-excessive-onesided, subjective-epochal Tourgott-Forum ? http://www.tourgott.de/
Did you dedust your shrine, like I told you ?

Ok, I am thinking about changing the country in my CN-profile and emigrating right now. :cool:

Look, I love Jan too, but you are definately not what he deserves. Not.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Look, I love Jan too, but you are definately not what he deserves. Not.

No need to make enemys. But i know your posts. So tschüss, quatsch die Leute im Eurosport-Forum zu. :p

To all other guys. Germans are not as harsh as Cobblestone. But he´ll leave anyway. :) Good for Germany. ;)

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
No need to make enemys. But i know your posts. So tschüss, quatsch die Leute im Eurosport-Forum zu. :p

To all other guys. Germans are not as harsh as Cobblestone. But he´ll leave anyway. :) Good for Germany. ;)

I never ever posted in that ESP forum or in comments, and the real one was closed few years ago. And that was a good decision. No one deserves these people. I mean both parties.

But I know some survivors from there who are trying their luck in other forums.
I teach them regularly how to behave and use brain. :D

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Good for you. I got one. BTW, i don´t love Jan, but appreciate his performances.

P.S.: Cobblestone was banned late last year. The comish: He was from Germany too. You think am a fool? Well, it´s your choice. I really don´t care.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

It is very arrogant, your comment," I forgive Ullrich," and "Ullrich is a great guy."

He is a great rider and personality. He has done much to encourage sport. He has done nothing to tarnish cycling and sport.

A great guy has nothing to do with sport. I admire Armstrong because he is a winner with a winning attitude, not because he is a great guy.

With your analogy, great guy but a doper but I forgive him anyway, you give haters' like Franke ammunition to tear cycling apart. That is pretty much what has happened in Germany. What next, tear down the velodromes and replace them with Wal-Marts and Apple stores so that German kids can wear Chinese made clothes, play on their I-phones and get fat on fast food and corn syrup food types?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Good for you. I got one. BTW, i don´t love Jan, but appreciate his performances.

P.S.: Cobblestone was banned late last year. The comish: He was from Germany too. You think am a fool? Well, it´s your choice. I really don´t care.

I also appreciate and respect Lance's great performances.
This is what divides us. You are nothing but a bad loser and a typical hardcore Ullist. Different from you, Ulle has always been a good loser, which automaticly makes him a winner. That is a huge factor why people like him.

PS: I can only laugh about your PS and don't know what you are talking about.
I don't even know what forum you are talking about and you didn't even make that clear. I never use the same nick or similar in any forum and this is the first english spoken forum I ever joined.
btw, my nick is cobblestoned. Tourgottforum seemed logicaly for me, because you are so hardcore and must belong to that holy temple. lol :D

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
It is very arrogant, your comment," I forgive Ullrich," and "Ullrich is a great guy."

He is a great rider and personality. He has done much to encourage sport. He has done nothing to tarnish cycling and sport.

A great guy has nothing to do with sport. I admire Armstrong because he is a winner with a winning attitude, not because he is a great guy.

With your analogy, great guy but a doper but I forgive him anyway, you give haters' like Franke ammunition to tear cycling apart. That is pretty much what has happened in Germany. What next, tear down the velodromes and replace them with Wal-Marts and Apple stores so that German kids can wear Chinese made clothes, play on their I-phones and get fat on fast food and corn syrup food types?

Your are splitting hairs here. I didn´t study english dictionaries to please you. So here´s another quote of me: "Jimmy Mac" is a great guy too. :D
And Franke... Well, he is a fat ugly guy who needs to go public to cover his shortcomings in Life (failed in cancer fighting, failed in sports). He is just another arrogant psychopath like Armstrong (sorry, i know you love him, but hey, it´s the truth).

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
I also appreciate and respect Lance's great performances.
This is what divides us. You are nothing but a bad loser and a typical hardcore Ullist. Different from you, Ulle has always been a good loser, which automaticly makes him a winner. That is a huge factor why people like him.

PS: I can only laugh about your PS and don't know what you are talking about.
I don't even know what forum you are talking about and you didn't even make that clear. I never use the same nick or similar in any forum and this is the first english spoken forum I ever joined.
btw, my nick is cobblestoned. Tourgottforum seemed logicaly for me, because you are so hardcore and must belong to that holy temple. lol :D

I don´t know "Tourgottforum", so what?
I mean this forum, of course.
Hardcore Ullist? Again wrong. I just hate the double standard used in cycling. Some earning millions out of cheating because they are protected by the corrupt "leaders", the others are sacrificed and crucified. Some are luckily born in USA or Spain. Others are unlucky because they were born in Germany, Italy or Denmark. What a mess.

So either you understand me, or you can call me also a Vinolist, Rasmusslist or Bassist (LOL)... I don´t care.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
webvan said:
Thanks to the Tougott link posted above I found this :

schlag_unfall2.jpg
schlag_wunde.jpg

Nasty !

Thx Webvan. Looks nasty from my vantage point too.

I recently watched the 2001 tour on DVD and relived the crash Ulle had. I loved it when Phil and Paul say over and over..."it really shows the class of LA to wait for Ullrich like that what a true champion." I watched it and I'm not so sure he waited. He kept pedaling that is for sure. And then when Kevin L was killing himself on the flats to catch LA, Beloki who went past KL and JU, caught up to LA and as soon as he was on, LA followed and powered on the flats with him. Certainly not waiting.

Would I have waited for Ulle, probably not. But the BS coming out of Phil and Paul afterwards is so revealing and embarrassing professionally. What a bunch of nitwits. However, the converse is 2003 is also true, why did LA and Tyler et al... forget the fairness factor on that climb. And then Ulle actually soft pedaled and was dragged through the media and forums like these.

Personally, after all the hardship I had had against the charged USPS team, the negative comments from LA and JB over the years about my weight etc... and my weak Bianchi team, if I was almost beating LA and he crashed up the final climb I would have nailed him like Contador did to Andy S this year. Racing is racing. No gifts right Lance?

NW

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
stainlessguy1 said:
Hello Nw .

Yes , you said it right there .

Stainless Steel...I will PM you to avoid wasting everyone's time with your old school logic, when I get a chance.

But suffice it to say that I would rather take a team of riders with VO2's in the high 80s, who had equal passion and determination, but incorrect riding positions...over your riders with correct (important yes but secondary) and low to average O2 consumptive values. I can always correct there mechanical parameters, but you cannot increase their VO2s (unless you dope like LA)

Ever watch grand tours where on the final climbs most times the riders never even sprint, the faster ones just slowly ride away from the rest? I bet you a custom made Canadian stainless steel ride that none of them have low VO2's.

NW

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
...to tear cycling apart. That is pretty much what has happened in Germany. What next, tear down the velodromes and replace them with Wal-Marts and Apple stores so that German kids can wear Chinese made clothes, play on their I-phones and get fat on fast food and corn syrup food types?

You mean like what is already happening in North America? Did your lap dancing Lance do that here?

Oops eh Flicker

NW

Neworld said:
Thx Webvan. Looks nasty from my vantage point too.

I recently watched the 2001 tour on DVD and relived the crash Ulle had. I loved it when Phil and Paul say over and over..."it really shows the class of LA to wait for Ullrich like that what a true champion." I watched it and I'm not so sure he waited. He kept pedaling that is for sure. And then when Kevin L was killing himself on the flats to catch LA, Beloki who went past KL and JU, caught up to LA and as soon as he was on, LA followed and powered on the flats with him. Certainly not waiting.

Would I have waited for Ulle, probably not. But the BS coming out of Phil and Paul afterwards is so revealing and embarrassing professionally. What a bunch of nitwits. However, the converse is 2003 is also true, why did LA and Tyler et al... forget the fairness factor on that climb. And then Ulle actually soft pedaled and was dragged through the media and forums like these.

Personally, after all the hardship I had had against the charged USPS team, the negative comments from LA and JB over the years about my weight etc... and my weak Bianchi team, if I was almost beating LA and he crashed up the final climb I would have nailed him like Contador did to Andy S this year. Racing is racing. No gifts right Lance?
NW
Yes I'm sure that in hindsight he must regret it. I remember seeing this documentary on the upcoming 2004 TDF and he did say he would do it again ...even though he was upset that LA had released a book saying he hadn't waited "he probably wanted to generate some interest in the book". In the same documentary Pevenage was saying that you couldn't be too nice to win...Just his luck to be dealing with a bully like LA too.

I missed the end of the 2001 TDF as I was travelling, the whole Pyrenees actually, but I caught some reruns on ESPN Classic over the years.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I don´t know "Tourgottforum", so what?
I mean this forum, of course.
Hardcore Ullist? Again wrong. I just hate the double standard used in cycling. Some earning millions out of cheating because they are protected by the corrupt "leaders", the others are sacrificed and crucified. Some are luckily born in USA or Spain. Others are unlucky because they were born in Germany, Italy or Denmark. What a mess.

So either you understand me, or you can call me also a Vinolist, Rasmusslist or Bassist (LOL)... I don´t care.

When I remember it right, Jan's problem was not that he was born in Germany.
The problem was, that he stored his blood in Spain at a Gynäkologe's fridge AND was not from Spain, and there was no way to hide that under the carpet in the sporting aspect if you are correctemundo. Ok, the spanish could, tried and still try for some time/years now, but they have to pay their price now and later. :D
The legal theatre of Bannenberg, Franke and Dahms (sure I forgot some) was useless and was more coming into spotlight, revenge, making money or other motives.
Too much. We can agree on that.

You have some strange views and logics, dude.
You can whine about the Spanish sports authorities who protected their riders and other athlets, but not about Lance who just did a perfect job. They were "unfair", while Spanish police just did their work. Good work, if you have a closer look. You could also say this about Bannenberg and Franke if you do the double ;)

You think Jan, T_Mobile, other topriders and teams were not protected and prewarned as much as possible ?
That doesn't make any sense, because das Duell and others, were the golden donkeys for many years. Riders and even DS also confirmed that there was protection in teams.

btw, what are the Suisse, UCI and CAS doing ? Any updates people ?
Jan is still not sanctioned or cleared.

PS foxxy: This forum ? Like I said. Just read. Not true. Tourgott or 2nd generation ESP-troll was my guess on you and you shouldn't whine because of that. It was just a logical and well known joke, while you did try to produce lies about me.
I don't mind. You can go now and try next time with someone else who is perhaps on your Augenhöhe.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Am tired of you. But i have to defend myself of your BS you write about me. Am not in Tourgott-Forum. Only sometimes here. So pls leave your lies to where they belong: Pharmstrong. Don´t mix me up with this bad egomanic people. Tschüss, tschüss, tschüss. Shame on you being German.

P.S.: I was in Mexico too. Does it mean i doped there? I have stored some blood at doctors. Does that mean am doping? OTOH, we have overwhelming evidence against the biggest cheat in the history of cycling. His Name: Epo-Lance Pharmstrong.

Use your brain. You said you´ve got one. Germany don´t need fans like you, trying to make pipo annoyed as you always do. No need for you to reply. You are on my ignore list from now.

Auf nie Wiedersehen...

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Am tired of you. But i have to defend myself of your BS you write about me. Am not in Tourgott-Forum. Only sometimes here. So pls leave your lies to where they belong: Pharmstrong. Don´t mix me up with this bad egomanic people. Tschüss, tschüss, tschüss. Shame on you being German.

P.S.: I was in Mexico too. Does it mean i doped there? I have stored some blood at doctors. Does that mean am doping? OTOH, we have overwhelming evidence against the biggest cheat in the history of cycling. His Name: Epo-Lance Pharmstrong.

Use your brain. You said you´ve got one. Germany don´t need fans like you, trying to make pipo annoyed as you always do. No need for you to reply. You are on my ignore list from now.

Auf nie Wiedersehen...

:confused:

Ah ja.
Do whatever you want.
btw, I don't have to write BS about you. There is no need for that. :D
I don't care where you were. You were not where you should have been at a time you should have been there. Multiple times.
And cyclists are not allowed to store blood at a spanish gynäkologe.

Look, here is Lance on a weekend-ride with Jan. Lance is that one on the right........of course.

fatherandson-619x500.jpg

TRENDING THREADS