• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jan Ullrich's latest Facebook update: "Lance, I am coming!"

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
While he was typing that he was stuffing himself with bratwurst and black forest cherry cake.

MMMMmmm-cake. Chased by a frothy Doppelbock and some x. No wonder LA liked his as the prime competition.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:
He'd be almost old enough to join Radioshack, but looking at Allan Davis at the TdU I suspect Jan's been training with Astana.

We shouldn't bag fat boys...:D

Allan and jan have got together it seems
mcdonalds-kid.jpg

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes I wonder, why would people who claim not to believe the LA media BS constantly perpetuate the line of the Nutstrong camp? Namely that Jan was perpetually over weight and underperforming. You guys all sound like Paul Sherwin to me.

A

Anonymous

53 x 11 said:
Sometimes I wonder, why would people who claim not to believe the LA media BS constantly perpetuate the line of the Nutstrong camp? Namely that Jan was perpetually over weight and underperforming. You guys all sound like Paul Sherwin to me.

To be fair, my first thought was RSVP to a bachelor party, but that didn't fit, so I switched to the first other type of social event that popped into my head (after being stuck on bachelor parties for 15 minutes). I'm Biggest Loser sized myself and don't throw that kind of stones.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
To be fair, my first thought was RSVP to a bachelor party, but that didn't fit, so I switched to the first other type of social event that popped into my head (after being stuck on bachelor parties for 15 minutes). I'm Biggest Loser sized myself and don't throw that kind of stones.

Yeah, I get that. I just think that the 'fat Jan' thing is more of a LA creation than anything else, all part of the mind games.

My first thought was was that perhaps it was some kind of Jan-Lance sex talk but I'm probably a bit sicker than most people here.

For those who never read it before "Jan Ullrich's" myspace blog was the funniest thing of ALL TIME. http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=31414033

Just scroll down from the last post.

A

Anonymous

Jan was a champion who had respect for the man who beat him:

n788116797_1098209_2085.jpg

n788116797_1098203_743.jpg

franciep10 said:
maybe that's why he couldn't beat lance

Possibly. I got the impression that Ullrich was respectful of all of his opponents. I can't recall any bad mouthing of his opponents coming from Jan. He seemed to be understated and modest for the most part. I personally hated the fat jokes and lack of fitness/dedication to training statements made about Jan, primarily because he rarely responded in anger. I'm a bit biased because I was always rooting for Jan and to this day wish he had fessed up, served his time and came back to the sport. To me he was rather refreshing when compared to Armstrong's constant attention chasing.

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
Possibly. I got the impression that Ullrich was respectful of all of his opponents. I can't recall any bad mouthing of his opponents coming from Jan. He seemed to be understated and modest for the most part. I personally hated the fat jokes and lack of fitness/dedication to training statements made about Jan, primarily because he rarely responded in anger. I'm a bit biased because I was always rooting for Jan and to this day wish he had fessed up, served his time and came back to the sport. To me he was rather refreshing when compared to Armstrong's constant attention chasing.

Yep, me too.

TRENDING THREADS