• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jay Vine discussion thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
it's not strange at all. watt monster.

It's with I heard on one of the podcasts with actual pro cyclists, there are plenty of these watt monsters in the peloton who have average results on the road because they struggle with the actual cycling. Cornering, saving energy, surfing the peloton. As soon as one of those watt monsters figure that part out they get the actual results.

Not sure about that yet. I don’t think for example that he lost time on stage 4 on purpose since. But obviously nice potential in him.
I see him climbing the GC anyway I look.
Will need to drop a massive chunk to turn the trend.
And I'm sure they'd (he and team) love to capitalize on the brilliant form.
...the stages are done, the jersey's there, what's next?

A massive chunk dropped...
Suppose the aim are GPMs along the way.
Indeed, he didn't seem to try, or knew he shouldn't try after the breakaway from yesterday. He is clearly picking stage wins and mountain jersey over a potential top 10 GC, which is very understandable.
I can see him win some more stages if he can get away and if those breakaway companions want to ride with him. Because not everyone is as stupid as FDJ to do most of the pulling.
I hope he can still show himself on Sierra Nevada though. If it isn't for the win, maybe for top5 on that mountain.

Last edited:
Indeed, he didn't seem to try, or knew he shouldn't try after the breakaway from yesterday. He is clearly picking stage wins and mountain jersey over a potential top 10 GC, which is very understandable.
I can see him win some more stages if he can get away and if those breakaway companions want to ride with him. Because not everyone is as stupid as FDJ to do most of the pulling.
I hope he can still show himself on Sierra Nevada though. If it isn't for the win, maybe for top5 on that mountain.
I'm not sure he'll be a too desired breakaway companion.
Thought he'd be maintaining the KOM position by mixing in the GC... plenty of points at the finish lines.
Probably still profiling himself.

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and Riek s
I just had an epiphany regarding his name. I don't know whether this is common, but sometimes people make a wordjoke with names, by swapping the first letters from people's names around. Like Wim Tellens, or Savel Pivakov. I wonder if Jay had some mean kids in his school when he was 8 years old.

I'm glad i could share this very important piece of analysis with you.

I just had an epiphany regarding his name. I don't know whether this is common, but sometimes people make a wordjoke with names, by swapping the first letters from people's names around. Like Wim Tellens, or Savel Pivakov. I wonder if Jay had some mean kids in his school when he was 8 years old.

I'm glad i could share this very important piece of analysis with you.

a

I finally got that :)

TRENDING THREADS