• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jeannie Longo Ciprelli: Phenomenal

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I know Jeannie Longo's legacy it talked about a lot but at nearly 52 years of age I was truly impressed by her peformance. 5th in the time trial! That was truly spectacular.

Is she riding next year and is she in the road race on Saturday?

auscyclefan94 said:
I know Jeannie Longo's legacy it talked about a lot but at nearly 52 years of age I was truly impressed by her peformance. 5th in the time trial! That was truly spectacular.

Is she riding next year and is she in the road race on Saturday?

The top in women cycling obviously isn't as wide as in men cycling. Besides that.. eh nevermind I'm not going there, but at the age of 52 these performances?

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
I think someone started this thread in the wrong section. :rolleyes:

No, No needs to be in both, what the hell, Miss Longo needs to be all over the god damn place. No better prove then her and Ottey ...

Kudos to auscyclefan94 kept his word after last night that he would open a thread if he felt to, when a starkling result came in at Geelong ...

0.jpg

Also La 'Lo' as Quizmaster on French TV

A

Anonymous

DAOTEC said:
Kudos to auscyclefan94 kept his word after last night that he would open a thread if he felt to, when a starkling result came in at Geelong ...

I think thats a great example of how little acf cares for other peoples opinions and feelings. sad really.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yup, they are actually.

Your average hobbyist (men) goes as fast as most of these 'pro' women.
Says enough the U23 and often even junior men already ride faster

:D Of course the U-23 and junior men are way better than the women, genius. What do you expect? :rolleyes: Every female on the face of the planet could be a full time bike racer and there still would not be a single woman able to challenge a good male junior.

Having said that, of course women's cycling sucks if a 52 year old can finish 5th in the TT. That isn't even debatable.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
:D Of course the U-23 and junior men are way better than the women, genius. What do you expect? :rolleyes: Every female on the face of the planet could be a full time bike racer and there still would not be a single woman able to challenge a good male junior.

Having said that, of course women's cycling sucks if a 52 year old can finish 5th in the TT. That isn't even debatable.

There are masters better than juniors and juniors better than masters Einstein.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
:confused: Did you read the post I responded too?

yes TT I read it..It was just as stupid as what you said. Like a hard old master who puts in a better tt time than the juniors...he still doesn't race with them nor do they with him.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
I think thats a great example of how little acf cares for other peoples opinions and feelings. sad really.
Cry+baby_.jpg

Some people are just precious!
DAOTEC said:
No, No needs to be in both, what the hell, Miss Longo needs to be all over the god damn place. No better prove then her and Ottey ...

0.jpg

Also La 'Lo' as Quizmaster on French TV

Well the heading gave nothing away, and if people went into the thread they would of only found out that she came 5th. TeamSkyFans can go have a sook with Cavendish. Those two seem a perfect match! I hardly spoiled anyones experience.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
redtreviso said:
yes TT I read it..It was just as stupid as what you said. Like a hard old master who puts in a better tt time than the juniors...he still doesn't race with them nor do they with him.

What the **** are you talking about!? :confused: I said it's ridiculous to put down women's cycling on the basis that male U-23 & junior riders are better, because prominent men that age will be better than women in any physically demanding sport regardless of how talented and dedicated the women are. I have not the slightest idea what your point is.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
What the **** are you talking about!? :confused: I said it's ridiculous to put down women's cycling on the basis that male U-23 & junior riders are better, because prominent men that age will be better than women in any physically demanding sport regardless of how talented and dedicated the women are. I have not the slightest idea what your point is.

Why even bring it up? and then bring it up and embellish it more? and do it some more.

TRENDING THREADS