• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

João Almeida - Bota Lume

Page 82 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

ALC

Feb 22, 2023
Visit site
So, let me try to understand…
The guy doesn’t know how to ride in the rain!
The guy doesn’t know how to descend!
The guy sucks in the montains!
The guy can no longer ride a TT bike!
….

And even with all this, he is only losing something like 20s to the race leader…
imagine if he could do well only one of those things… 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
So, let me try to understand…
The guy doesn’t know how to ride in the rain!
The guy doesn’t know how to descend!
The guy sucks in the montains!
The guy can no longer ride a TT bike!
….

And even with all this, he is only losing something like 20s to the race leader…
imagine if he could do well only one of those things… 🥴
Amazing and reliable GC rider, with a well balanced skillset as far as mountains and iTT but needs to work on his positioning and be more keen to take risks if he wants to win a GT during his career.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Here I'm trying to show him trolling us all but sadly cannot link it properly without a parent tweet as it's a comment and I cannot find the gifs

Also trolling Thomas, which apparantly also Rogla did.

Last edited:

View: https://i.imgur.com/n3xHU17.mp4

Okay, it was a lot easier to just do a search for "joao almeida gif".

joao-almeida-jo%C3%A3o-almeida.gif

Here I'm trying to show him trolling us all but sadly cannot link it properly without a parent tweet as it's a comment and I cannot find the gifs

Also trolling Thomas, which apparantly also Rogla did.

These guys (Almeida, Roglič) troll G Thomas because he has a famous podcast.

It's the equivalent of telling someone who can't keep a secret... a secret. They know he'll go on his podcast & casually talk about the best peloton rumors.

As for the Giro, Almeida is my second favorite. He's just such a consistently good climber I think he'll do well on the coming MTF's in terms of always limiting his losses.

These guys (Almeida, Roglič) troll G Thomas because he has a famous podcast.

It's the equivalent of telling someone who can't keep a secret... a secret. They know he'll go on his podcast & casually talk about the best peloton rumors.

As for the Giro, Almeida is my second favorite. He's just such a consistently good climber I think he'll do well on the coming MTF's in terms of always limiting his losses.
Yeah I know it's the reason. It makes it even more funny. :grinning:

Yup, but no injuries from it whatsoever if I understood correctly? :)
As far as I know he's not been injured at all since he hurt his knee on the handlebar 2020 or if it was even earlier. So his only "injury" is covid so far?
I thought Almeida was wearing some bandages on stage 5 (the dog crash stage). But at least he's had longer to heal from his crash than Rog and Thomas (though I don't think Thomas even got a scrape from his crash).

• Wow
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
I must say, besides Stage 18 at last year’s Vuelta, Joao is an incredibly boring rider. He should really try some attacks.

He's on his limit. This is GT racing, i.e. if he goes early today, he blows up & falls out of GC.

Carthy put in a big dig on Crans Montana & got absolutely nothing for his trouble (6 seconds I think). I know fans want action but this is how Almeida will podium the Giro.

Reactions: noob
He's on his limit. This is GT racing, i.e. if he goes early today, he blows up & falls out of GC.

Carthy put in a big dig on Crans Montana & got absolutely nothing for his trouble (6 seconds I think). I know fans want action but this is how Almeida will podium the Giro.
Exactly there’s no way magically a rider who is perm in 4-6th has the ability to take a minute of a climb like this. They are in those positions for a reason because they are just holding on

Exactly there’s no way magically a rider who is perm in 4-6th has the ability to take a minute of a climb like this. They are in those positions for a reason because they are just holding on
He‘s third at 22 seconds, stop pretending he can‘t win and is just an interesting also-ran. He’s racing a Roglič who admits he‘s not 100% and Geraint f‘ing Thomas who is 36. If he ever wants to win a GT, this Giro is going to be one of his best shots.

I do not expect epic mountain raids from him but if he had his teammates set whatever pace they can manage and then attacked like 5 k out, he might discover that his opponents are just bluffing and don‘t have it in them to respond. So what if they get back to him and he loses a few seconds, he‘ll at least know his competition better and afterwards he can just go back to riding for his precious fourth places.

TRENDING THREADS