• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Joe Papp Doping Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
No axe to grind, just trying to understand the timeline of Joe Papp’s relationship with doping & anti-doping.

As I understand it Joe gave a positive test on May 7, 2006.

On May 18th 2007 he admits his guilt at the Landis hearing. Maybe he admitted it before the hearing but I can’t find anything. After the hearing he publically goes on the offensive about the dangers of doping.

According to his Wiki article: “In August 2007, he addressed a South Florida high school coaches conference, and has been quoted in Scientific American, the Wall Street Journal, the International Herald Tribune, and the New York Times”

In February 2010 he pleads guilty of conspiracy to distribute EPO & HGH during the period between September 2006 and September 2007.

It looks to me that during the time he has speaking out against the dangers of doping he was selling drugs. Am I missing something?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
a 100% trolling thread given the times and circumstances.

if the reasonable posters refrain from posting here, it will give the mods a perfect opportunity to isolate the trolls and their sock puppets. let the filtering start.

A

Anonymous

I thought new people were on post preview?

I have an idea. Write your time line down on the back of a piece of sandpaper (60 grit)..

May 18, 2009
Visit site
python said:
a 100% trolling thread given the times and circumstances.

if the reasonable posters refrain from posting here, it will give the mods a perfect opportunity to isolate the trolls and their sock puppets. let the filtering start.

Please list the reasons why this is not a legitimate subject to discuss in the Clinic. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

ChrisE said:
Please list the reasons why this is not a legitimate subject to discuss in the Clinic. Thanks.

1. Because the impetus behind the OP's effort was not to discuss.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

How do you know that? He posted facts, and maybe alot of people don't know about these things. Me thinks you are not being honest with your answer. :rolleyes:

You guys should go ahead and admit you don't want this thread because Papp is uber anti-LA. Admission is the first step to recovery, TFF. :D

ChrisE said:

Seem reasonable for the clinic. The OP asks a question of the Joe Papp timeline, big deal?!? Its as relevant as a post that asks when you took your yellow bracelet off and I can guarantee TFF didn't post his objection there. The real trolls are the one who disrupt and take every thread off topic.

What we need is a filter/review process for anybody with over 5000 posts and very possibly a wellness plan.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
You can pull out your...

This is where I think a bunch of you go off the rails, and lose credibility due to lack of subjectiveness. And, you know you are doing it but you just can't help it. :D

Why not just say "hey, yeah Papp did that. And?". Instead, the knives come out and the usual wagon circling is done around one of the members of the club. "Troll", ad homenems, etc. start to fly.

Kinda reminds me of Foxnews when discussing W being attacked by his "enemies". :cool:

May 18, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
Seem reasonable for the clinic. The OP asks a question of the Joe Papp timeline, big deal?!? Its as relevant as a post that asks when you took your yellow bracelet off and I can guarantee TFF didn't post his objection there. The real trolls are the one who disrupt and take every thread off topic.

What we need is a filter/review process for anybody with over 5000 posts and very possibly a wellness plan.

Oooooh, I haven't read much of your stuff. You ready for some 3 on 50 royal rumble? :D

A

Anonymous

JRTinMA said:

ChrisE said:
This is where I think a bunch of you go off the rails, and lose credibility due to lack of subjectiveness. And, you know you are doing it but you just can't help it. :D

Why not just say "hey, yeah Papp did that. And?". Instead, the knives come out and the usual wagon circling is done around one of the members of the club. "Troll", ad homenems, etc. start to fly.

Kinda reminds me of Foxnews when discussing W being attacked by his "enemies". :cool:

Fellas, this was discussed when the news broke...back in February. The time line of bringing it up tells me everything I need to know.

It wasn't knives. It was sandpaper.

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

The impetus is absolutely to discuss.

I have read some of Joe’s earlier posts and was impressed. There was also a great article about Joe on Pez Cycling News. When I searched deeper, I saw the guilty plea in Feb of this year and I am trying to understand the situation.

If this has already been covered too much please give me some links.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Fellas, this was discussed back when the news broke. The time line of bringing it up tells me everything I need to know.

Yes, and everything LA has been discussed as well 100's of times. I suppose the clinic should be shut down for LA issues until some new info comes out?

A

Anonymous

ChrisE said:
Yes, and everything LA has been discussed as well 100's of times. I suppose the clinic should be shut down for LA issues until some new info comes out?

...which is every day now.

A

Anonymous

FrankDrack said:
The impetus is absolutely to discuss.

I have read some of Joe’s earlier posts and was impressed. There was also a great article about Joe on Pez Cycling News. When I searched deeper, I saw the guilty plea in Feb of this year and I am trying to understand the situation.

If this has already been covered too much please give me some links.

I refer you to post #9.

ChrisE said:
Oooooh, I haven't read much of your stuff. You ready for some 3 on 50 royal rumble? :D

I'm reasonable and that's not welcome on this forum but I like it here. I understand well what LA did so he's no hero of mine but I don't see him as that much more evil than any other doped rider. They all suck equal to me. I like to point out when jealousy, no righteousness drives the discussion. It can get tiring...

A

Anonymous

ChrisE said:

Right now, its 3 on 1. Good thing I ate my WheatiesTM

A

Anonymous

JRTinMA said:
I'm reasonable and that's not welcome on this forum but I like it here. I understand well what LA did so he's no hero of mine but I don't see him as that much more evil than any other doped rider. They all suck equal to me. I like to point out when when jealousy, no righteousness drives the discussion. It can get tiring...

Um, up to this point, find where I brought up Armstrong...oh wait, that was you.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
I'm reasonable and that's not welcome on this forum but I like it here. I understand well what LA did so he's no hero of mine but I don't see him as that much more evil than any other doped rider. They all suck equal to me. I like to point out when when jealousy, no righteousness drives the discussion. It can get tiring...

Well, we should form a club to counteract the club of the miserable, or whatever it is called. How about the "Reasonable Rascals"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS