• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johann bruyneel as a DS.

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
If people who hate Lance and love Pro Cycling want to make a difference sponser a junior team and a U/23 team. Then I will listen to what you have to say. Sponser a team and have them ride clean 100o/o.

Huh? Why would someone have to do that b4 they can have an opinion. That's ridiculous.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I'm sure you are right, and he will be right at home in that line of work.
He will have to run as a Republican, because if he runs against them they will dig up the dirt.

He thinks George bush snr, and clinton are great men. He obviously has no ****ing idea of who they really are. He won't last long in politics, sportsmen seldom do. They actually want to achieve things. Soon find out they're in the wrong place for that.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
I was speaking with a friend of mine as we were riding through Sonoma the other day. We were speaking about a mutual friend who was a manager of a US based UCI continental team. I asked him what is in it for the team manager/director sportife. He told me that when the riders are paid and all the other bills are paid the DS gets to keep the rest. That is quite an incentive to do well racing eh? I think Johann has done quite well for himself, his sponsers and his riders. It is not our job to criticize his methods or his riders. We must remind ourselves that this the Pro Cycling thing, it is Pro and for money. Athletes are not always on the level. If people who are cycling fans want to shoot down Lance they are shooting themselves in the foot. Because Lance currently is #1 advocate in Cancer Awareness and Procycling. If people who hate Lance and love Pro Cycling want to make a difference sponser a junior team and a U/23 team. Then I will listen to what you have to say. Sponser a team and have them ride clean 100o/o.

This is why I never complain when someone serves me poisoned meat. I mean, I've never been a USDA inspector, so wtf do I know, right?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Emperor_Lance_I

Bruyneel would make a great politician, but not Lance....World Emperor maybe.

But back to the OP about Johan's Tactical Genius. This recent quote from
Haimar points towards it:
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/2...ctor-in-choice-of-RadioShack-over-Astana.aspx

“I’ve always admired him....Now, after working a year with him,
I saw that the preconceived image I had was true."

That "preconceived image" is probably be that "tactical genius" thing
that everyone always refers to.

Polish said:
Bruyneel would make a great politician, but not Lance....World Emperor maybe.
That "preconceived image" is probably be that "tactical genius" thing
that everyone always refers to.

Yeah, especially with all those languages he speaks, all of them with forked tongue.
He'll have to add another two, so that he can understand, when everyone who refers to him as a tactical genius, get chatting: Fanbois and Gibberish.