• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jonas Vingegaard Rasmussen, the new alpha mutant

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Doping that is legal is legal and not doping. I don’t think that’s what we are talking about with the big kids at this Tour

I don't know. But I do know that there are people in doping organizations that cleared Russian athletes right up to the point when it was clear that there was massive state orchestrated doping going on. So I'm not convinced that those organizations are doing all they can to find out if doping is involved.

Yea, there are two pretty extreme outliers here, but Pog smiles a lot more so I like him better

XXQ7uaa.png

That's at least three vitesses in there

Jul 12, 2022
Visit site
So you're mad at us for what you imagine our response would be

Remove Vinge from the picture & Pog "won" today's ITT in the same manner as LPDBF. He caught Rodriguez over 22km ffs.

But given another 500m, Vinge would have caught both Pog & Rodriguez.

It's just crazy stuff & I don't even know wtf I'm watching anymore.

But there are a lot more than 2 riders in the race. Pogacars performance on its own would merit full scrutiny but given that the gap to the third place rider was 2:51 over just 22km makes it much more ridiculous than you are trying to claim. Its unprecedented and no amount of downplaying it will make it any less so, the clock doesn't lie.

The previous climbing performances from the 2 riders in question were ridiculous on their own merits as the climbing speeds will testify. Today just made a complete mockery of the sport.

That doesnt really tell you anything since the ITT's historically has been way longer, it is only recently they have become shorter and shorter. So how could it really be precedented? Those kind of gaps have happened several times on the older longer ITT's. You cant say with certainty the gaps would be smaller had the ITT's been shorter.

• Haha
Reactions: SHAD0W93
Vinegaard was either was riding an e bike, or he cut off part of the course. I refuse to believe he did this just by doping. Doesn't make sense. Pogi's performance today barely makes sense. What was the average speed on the flat? Was the road wet when WvA did his ride? And it dried up later? WvA was obviously giving it all to try to win this stage. Did he do way worse than his usual performance? Please show me some evidence, because of WvA was doing his normal pace, then this is 3x as insane s the 2020 TT, where I already thought Pogi was using an electric motor.
Pogacar took ~2.5 seconds/km out of Wout on La Planche. Today he took ~3.4 seconds/km out of him, on a course that in theory should be better for Wout. Okay maybe Wout hasn’t been climbing quite as well this year, but he still beat all the other GC riders so he must have been going well - so still a crazy performance from Pogacar.

Vingegaard took ~7.8 seconds/km out of Wout today. For reference, that would’ve meant beating Pogacar by 3 minutes in 2020. Completely ludicrous.

Edit: corrected a number

Last edited:
As I said, Pogi panicked with Vingo's early level, slammed an early bag and remained competitive for the 2nd week. Now Vingo returned favour and slammed his own as planned, and here we are.

Of course, this kind of dominance is utterly disgusting and I wish he got busted.

At the same time, the tears of the Pog fans who parade from the northern classics and RVV to the Tour and somehow spirit away his obvious doping do indeed taste sweet.

As I said, Pogi panicked with Vingo's early level, slammed an early bag and remained competitive for the 2nd week. Now Vingo returned favour and slammed his own as planned, and here we are.

Of course, this kind of dominance is utterly disgusting and I wish he got busted.

At the same time, the tears of the Pog fans who parade from the northern classics and RVV to the Tour and somehow spirit away his obvious doping do indeed taste sweet.
Great post!

Obviously this is the most ridiculous ITT performance this century.

However, do think there's a few factors that make the result less ridiculous than it is.

1. Pogacar and Vingegaard holding hands a bit the previous 3 mountain stages, making the gap to the rest in general look less big than it is.
2. Pogacar doing a bike change - IMO that's an obvious mistake. The steep part of the climb was Pogs worst split
3. Vingegaard cornering and descending like an absolute maniac. I wouldn't be surprised if the bike change and the cornering alone account for 30 seconds
2 is total BS, they have calculated everything and test driven with both bikes.

Reactions: Lui98
...the ridiculous notion is that history will only affect one rider...hate to break it to you, but this entire section of the forum, has many names listed, all deserving of a thread.

I think you misunderstood me here, I'm familiar with the history of cycling, it's just interests me how the performances compare, especially to the EPO era.

It's not tears of Pog fans on here, everyone, myself included had exactly the same response when Pog did LPDBF 2020