• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard thread: Mountain Sprinter

Page 166 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Some calculations by frederic portoleau about TA.

" Kämna at the head of the peloton develops the equivalent of 470 standard watts for 9min43sec (3.43 km at 8.86%) . The leaders still remain sheltered in the peloton. Then Jay Hindley attacks, only Juan Ayuso and Jonas Vingegaard can accompany him. 1min30sec later, 6.2 km from the finish, Vingegaard countered and left alone in front. Since Hindley's attack, Vingegaard has just developed the equivalent of 464 standard watts (6.8 w/kg if 60 kg) for 7min38sec (2.95 km at 7.8%) . The Dane continues his effort and continues to widen the gap. After 8.1 km of climbing, he is 35 seconds ahead of Ayuso and Hindley and 54 seconds ahead of a group led most often by Tom Pidcock . He has just completed a block of 12min15sec at 459 standard watts (6.74 w/kg if 60 kg) . The Dane is assured of winning the general classification and the stage then relaxes its effort in the last two kilometers. It is located at 412 standard watts (6.05 w/kg if 60 kg) on this final for 5min20sec."

"Jonas Vingegaard of course achieves the best time of the climb in 27min17sec for the 10.035km at 8.06%. Its average speed is 22.15 km/h. Its estimated power is 6.65 w/kg (if 60 kg) or 448 standard watts."

" Kämna at the head of the peloton develops the equivalent of 470 standard watts for 9min43sec (3.43 km at 8.86%) . The leaders still remain sheltered in the peloton. Then Jay Hindley attacks, only Juan Ayuso and Jonas Vingegaard can accompany him. 1min30sec later, 6.2 km from the finish, Vingegaard countered and left alone in front. Since Hindley's attack, Vingegaard has just developed the equivalent of 464 standard watts (6.8 w/kg if 60 kg) for 7min38sec (2.95 km at 7.8%) . The Dane continues his effort and continues to widen the gap. After 8.1 km of climbing, he is 35 seconds ahead of Ayuso and Hindley and 54 seconds ahead of a group led most often by Tom Pidcock . He has just completed a block of 12min15sec at 459 standard watts (6.74 w/kg if 60 kg) . The Dane is assured of winning the general classification and the stage then relaxes its effort in the last two kilometers. It is located at 412 standard watts (6.05 w/kg if 60 kg) on this final for 5min20sec."

"Jonas Vingegaard of course achieves the best time of the climb in 27min17sec for the 10.035km at 8.06%. Its average speed is 22.15 km/h. Its estimated power is 6.65 w/kg (if 60 kg) or 448 standard watts."
Wonder if he is 58kg already.

Reactions: Froome

Hmm, I'm not sure how early he eased up. It certainly wasn't as clear as on Croix de Fer.

For sure it will be 58 kg on Tour de France, but in the calculations, normally they use a standard weight, to compare the performances of each rider.
I know it's normalized. I was just thinking that with these numbers from "Pogileaks" coming from this Mou character, the weigh is probably very close to correct. Same when Remco postes his adventures. While with Jonas we only really get these normalized value's. I don't put too much stock in this stuff, but just a thought.

Reactions: Froome
I know it's normalized. I was just thinking that with these numbers from "Pogileaks" coming from this Mou character, the weigh is probably very close to correct. Same when Remco postes his adventures. While with Jonas we only really get these normalized value's. I don't put too much stock in this stuff, but just a thought.
Those "pogileaks" are funny because it would mean that Pogacar stagnated in the last couple years. Probably he can do even better than the numbers he talked about in those specific conditions.
Obviously Pogacar will be even more stronger this year, Matxin already said that, we don't need a Mou from the Aliexpress to say something like that. Since 2020 the peloton is getting faster and faster.
Pogi will be even stronger than last year, Vingegaard will be even stronger than last year, Evenepoel will also be more stronger than last year, and even Roglic can be more stronger this year even if he has 34 years because he started cycling more later and we already saw guys like Thomas getting better with 37 years than when he won the Tour in 2018.

Like the engineer Portoleau speaks in the article, guys like hindley are also even more stronger this year in March than in the same time last year.

The peloton is getting faster and faster, year after year.

In terms of weight, Vingegaard already said that 58 kg is the perfect weight for him.

It basically confirms what we knew back then. The original agreement in the team was to race for the title. Vingegaard preferred the team to ride for Kuss, while Rogla wanted freedom to go for it as had been the plan. Then after Angliru, management turned around and decided to end the race for the title.

I hope the documentary will show more about Bejes and the reactions afterwards.

Respect for Landa, didn't know most of the peloton was backing Kuss. Roglic didn't have to prove anything at that point. Everyone knew why Kuss was in yellow but Roglic just had to make it about himself. Of course, his fate at Visma was sealed the day Vingegaard was announced for the Vuela, because Jonas doesn't race not to win...
Kuss was in red. Rogla rode for the win as they had agreed to. That was the deal in the team, bring all the captains and let them race.

It basically confirms what we knew back then. The original agreement in the team was to race for the title. Vingegaard preferred the team to ride for Kuss, while Rogla wanted freedom to go for it as had been the plan. Then after Angliru, management turned around and decided to end the race for the title.

I hope the documentary will show more about Bejes and the reactions afterwards.
Bejes is where the team managment *** it up completely, so I doubt it'll be in.

But what I love most is how they say "Roglic doesn't communicate" and then they also said "Roglic flat out said he wants to win and he therefor wants to attack"

Last edited:
Reactions: acm
Kuss was in red. Rogla rode for the win as they had agreed to. That was the deal in the team, bring all the captains and let them race.
Exactly, but it was sadistic to agree to that on the part of Visma management. At some point Vingegaard had second thoughts, but Roglic didn't.

The whole situation was effed, and to attack Kuss on the Angliru was just nasty. There was absolutely no need to do that. The fact that Landa saved Kuss says a lot about Visma's agreement...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching the series...i might have a different view after that although we'll never know the whole story.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Exactly, but it was sadistic to agree to that on the part of Visma management. At some point Vingegaard had second thoughts, but Roglic didn't.

The whole situation was effed, and to attack Kuss on the Angliru was just nasty. There was absolutely no need to do that. The fact that Landa saved Kuss says a lot about Visma's agreement...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching the series...i might have a different view after that although we'll never know the whole story.
It was nasty to follow previously established plans to race for it?

If Angliru was nasty, then Bejes was nasty, Tourmalet was nasty, and basically Kuss getting in the break that day was disgusting to begin with

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and acm