• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Butterfly Effect

Page 210 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what i see is now happening is rather interesting, Jonas looks like is putting this training camp time to much use. As when he was at 100% he just flew by any resemblance of a post and that likely came across as cold if not harsh. Now, when Jonas needs to rest, every couple of kilometres, now the reception he is getting is worming up on him and Jonas is turning from being a snub into a socialite.

Go figure.

So what i see is now happening is rather interesting, Jonas looks like is putting this training camp time to much use. As when he was at 100% he just flew by any resemblance of a post and that likely came across as cold if not harsh. Now, when Jonas needs to rest, every couple of kilometres, now the reception he is getting is worming up on him and Jonas is turning from being a snub into a socialite.

Go figure.
Far from being a socialite. He doesn't post anything on social media.

Far from being a socialite. He doesn't post anything on social media.

I don't know to be honest. AFAIK he said hi to that journalist, the first image meeting complete strangers, the one with tattoo, there the smile is not up to the standards just yet, this last one on the other hand, getting there. On top of that he is faster and faster on the bike.

So what then, we will have big 4 likeable characters in pro road cycling? Awful.

I don't know to be honest. AFAIK he said hi to that journalist, the first image meeting complete strangers, the one with tattoo, there the smile is not up to the standards just yet, this last one on the other hand, getting there. On top of that he is faster and faster on the bike.

So what then, we will have big 4 likeable characters in pro road cycling? Awful.
I guess the likeable characters depends on the personal tastes of every fan. That's why you prefer Roglic and i prefer Vingegaard. Others prefer Remco or Pogacar, and that's the funny thing. It would be boring everyone rooting for the same rider.

It was just some fans who taked some pics with him.

His coach says that he still can't endure a 5-hour session and is still healing. And it's a little over 5 weeks till the Tour. They won't send him there, the Vuelta will be the goal.
That was true, but it's something that happened in the beggining of this month. Now he is doing normal trainings sessions.

Let's see how it goes in the near future.

Who knows. What I do know though is that when Jumbo saying he wont attend unless 100%, its a load of bull, because there's no chance in hell he will make it to 100% in time. He might reach 85%-90%, and then it gets interesting in terms of if you think he will improve further throughout the race or the opposite.

Because Jonas at 85-90% can definitely win the Tour if he gets better throughout. There are question marks about all his rivals, crashes happen, Pogi can get sick etc. etc.

It should rather be: We don't send him to the Tour unless we think he has a realistic shot at the victory. All this other stuff is just PR-bull

That was true, but it's something that happened in the beggining of this month. Now he is doing normal trainings sessions.

Let's see how it goes in the near future.

So maybe it was an older quote, I thought I found it in the recent link but it must've been from another one. Still, I have doubts regarding his Tour participation but I guess they will know more during training sessions in June and then they will decide: Tour or Vuelta.

So maybe it was an older quote, I thought I found it in the recent link but it must've been from another one. Still, I have doubts regarding his Tour participation but I guess they will know more during training sessions in June and then they will decide: Tour or Vuelta.
It's not your fault. Some newspaper made an article a couple of days ago with old statements by Vingegaard coach from the beggining of the month.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Who knows. What I do know though is that when Jumbo saying he wont attend unless 100%, its a load of bull, because there's no chance in hell he will make it to 100% in time. He might reach 85%-90%, and then it gets interesting in terms of if you think he will improve further throughout the race or the opposite.

Because Jonas at 85-90% can definitely win the Tour if he gets better throughout. There are question marks about all his rivals, crashes happen, Pogi can get sick etc. etc.

It should rather be: We don't send him to the Tour unless we think he has a realistic shot at the victory. All this other stuff is just PR-bull
I think i would enjoy a tour where Pogi goes all in at the start to bury Jonas, who is then all in on the final week trying to reverse a 2-4 min deficit and Roglic/Evenepoel just trying to keep up with it all.

He's riding around very public roads in Mallorca on the softest climbs getting photographed by everyone... at a time when Visma announced a new Danish sponsor will be on their jersey in the TdF as well.

I mean I don't want to sound cynical here because certainly the rider will be doing everything he can to get into shape (& that deserves total respect, obviously) but IMO there's quite a bit of public relations fluff going on with the Vingegaard situation.

It's just over 5 weeks until the TdF. The clock is ticking.

Reactions: acm and Krzysztof_O